Calories vs Keto

(Lonnie Hedley) #61

Once you run out of medium fat cream cheese, replace it with full fat. Replace chicken breasts with thighs (skin on if possible) for more fat. Onions have a good amount of carbs, so I’d cut them out. Kale and spinach have more nutrients and less net carbs than lettuce. I’m not a fancy coffee drinker so I’m not very knowledgeable about cappuccino. Do those typically have sugar/sweetener in them? Might want to switch to a regular coffee with cream (sugar free sweetener if necessary).

(Angelique Jury) #62

I didn’t realise that about onion. Ill do that then. :grinning:
And will try replace my leafy lettuce.

And cappuccino i think uses milk… even though it may be full cream. Ill stick to coffee…i doubt hv sweetener or sugar or anything.

(Andrew) #63

No sugar mayo? They’d add it to vegetables if it was possible.

(Angelique Jury) #64

It’s woolworths brand mayo lite. 2g per Tbsp. Can i get lower?

(Lonnie Hedley) #65

When out of the lite, buy full fat. Better yet, make your own.

(Andrew) #66

2g’s! (faints)

Plenty of 0 sugar ones out there. I made some the other day, it was surprisingly easy. You just have to find the lightest olive oil or it can be bitter.

It depends on your insulin sensitivity, but my blood sugar would soar some stupid amount on that. Even bacon is bad for me.

(Angelique Jury) #67

These are all fats im trying to use up before buying nne groceries… So being on a calorie watching plan last year u can imagine most my food low fat Hahahaha
But yes… new purchase will be full fat

(Angelique Jury) #68

Then i definitely need to do some shopping around it seems.

(Lonnie Hedley) #69

Woolworth’s website lists Hellman’s. 0.2g per serving. Full fat will always be less carbs.

(Angelique Jury) #70

Thank you! :smiley::smiley:

(Sharon A Peters) #71

Well, mazel tov!

(Justin Jordan) #72

Two meals a day, at elevenish and sixish. No snacks, no sweet drinks.

It’s also literally the exact same way, in terms of timing and food, I ate when I dropped the forty pounds. I just ate less of it.

I have honestly never dropped a pound without monitoring my caloric intake. Even when I’ve entered ketosis, if I had a couple binge-y days and went up to 1800ish calories, I would gain weight. Maybe it’s just me, and it depends on what your goals are, but I combine 1200 calories per day with keto and I drop pounds like ain’t nobody business. Plus, with fat satiety, I’ve never been hungry at 1200. Sometimes I just ate more because, well, food.

(Angelique Jury) #74

@snork_porkler
Would u be willing to tell me what a typical day consists of for u? I am really struggling. I’m keeping to my macros but in 10 days im down 0.5 and im feeling really despondent as im trying really hard.

Add me of MFP! My food diary is public. I’ve only been back on keto for a little less than a week now but, username is ThemJeans.

(Keto in Katy) #76

Same. I have never thought about calories. Keep carbs way low, get plenty of fat.

(Angelique Jury) #77

Fantastic. Thank you :raised_hands:

@Angelique_Jury ooh and I forgot to mention that, if you have Instagram, you can find me there as keto.bandito for sort of a visual food diary … the IG keto community is fantastic! Good luck!