Cacao Butter - the Super Butter

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #42

This is very interesting. These folks are not keto advocates by any means. So doubly interesting.

From the abstract:

We show here that C18:0 ingestion rapidly and robustly causes mitochondrial fusion in people within 3 h after ingestion.

Source

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #43

@ctviggen this one’s for you, Bob:

Well, I’ve apparently having been some mitochondrial fusion fat burning the last couple of weeks, I expect due to either the CB or a combo of the CB with my holiday feasting change up: my squishy jowls have disappeared, and my face is the same oval shape it was before I entered the Middle Ages :joy: What a cheery surprise!

Digression: Saw this today in my email, just when I was musing about the potential of a hot white chocolate drink. I’d use vanilla extract instead of powder, looks good. It’d possibly be even tastier with some keto candied orange peel for a bit of choc-orange-cream sunshine on a cold dark day.