Buttered Cauliflower Florets

butter
cauliflower
florets

(David) #1

This is taken from @richard’s recipe from the ‘Mad as Hell’ episode .

Get a head of cauliflower and carve off the florets with a small knife.

Pop in the microwave, with no water, for a minute to soften them up.

With the softened florets, for 100g of florets, get 30g of butter and put in a small [saucier]
(https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Saucier) and get the butter ‘blipping’, not boiling.

Lay the florets in the butter with the stalks pointing upwards.

Sprinkle a little bit of salt over the top and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.

Pick up the florets by the stalk, you are looking for them going golden brown on the surface.

You can either pour the remaining butter over the top of the florets, or take the cauliflower-flavoured butter, and use in a sauce.

(David) #2

Here is a slight variation I just did.

Start by cooking a chicken. Sorry it looks like the scene from alien where it had busted out of the guys chest. I like to pick while I’m cooking.

Carve the broccoli and/or cauliflower florets from the stalk.

Place them stalks pointing upwards in the tray of chicken juices.

I cooked them on Gas Mark 6 for a while, just checking on them every 10 minutes, or so, taking the tray out of the oven, and spooning the sauce over them, tilting the tray and properly submerging the florets in the corner of the tray, stirring them around so they all get thoroughly coated.

I think in all, they were in the oven for around 30-40 minutes. I turned it down to Gas Mark 3 after about 25 minutes.

Here they are in all their glory.

Without flash

With flash

They were super nommy.

I didn’t add anything onto them yet, like salt or anything.

Please share some Broccoli recipes
Re using fats
Keto flu sucks
I'm out

I was just hunting for this recipe, thanks!

ps. Just made this for dinner – so good!

(Jason ) #4

Thank You! I listened to this podcast not too long ago, and when I went to the 2ketodudes.com recipes page this particular recipe wasn’t on there. This is on my list for foods when my fast is over. Thanks again.