Butter divine

Curious, I’ve seen carnivore only and bacon eating only keto sub groups on the forum. What would happen if a butter only diet was eaten? Or a fat only consumption plan?
While I’m here, I make ghee using store brand butter , would using premium butter such as Kerry Gold make a difference since we’re only going for the oil?
I like Kerry G a lot btw, hooked!

(Running from stupidity) #2

Where’s the bacon one? I’ve not seen that.

What would happen if a butter only diet was eaten? Or a fat only consumption plan?

Nothing good, I suspect, due to the lack of nutrients.

While I’m here, I make ghee using store brand butter , would using premium butter such as Kerry Gold make a difference

Not in Australia, I’ve tested both and the only difference with the KG is that it costs twice as much.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

A carbohydrate-free diet is perfectly possible, because the human body has no minimum requirement for carbohydrate. The body is capable of making the small amount that it needs, so there is no such thing as a carbohydrate-deficiency disease.

A protein-free diet is impossible. Not only are there certain essential amino acids, which must be eaten, because the body cannot make them, but there has to be a certain amount of protein coming in, to replace the nitrogen from deaminated amino acids that is continually being excreted. Have you seen pictures of children with kwashiorkor, or some of the survivors of the Nazi concentration camps? That is what protein-deficiency looks like.

A fat-free diet is likewise impossible, because there are two types of essential fatty acids, the ω-3’s and the ω-6’s. We don’t need much, but we have to have them, or the consequences will be bad.

I had a gut feeling someone would say it was unhealthy and I’d not do it anyway. Thanks for the information I’ve learned something.
BTW just cooked a lot of bacon on my bbq on a lonely cookie sheet pan ha!

He didn’t say it was “unhealthy”, he said it was impossible, because amino acids are essential.

Drink all the butter you want (but don’t let Gabe know). You still gotta have protein.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #6

Well, actually, dying could be considered a form of ill health, I suppose . . . :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Yeah, but I don’t like people putting words in your mouth. Like they had an agenda or something. :wink:

(Scott) #8

I have been buying Ghee by the jar for about $8 and love dipping crab into it. For most basic cooking like eggs I just use regular butter.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #9

Another member of the ghee club singing its praises! :rofl:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

Facebook: The Bacon Experiment 28.8k members

Eat nothing but bacon for 30 days

(Running from stupidity) #11

Facebook is full of stupid, but the OP said it was here on the forum, which I am pretty sure isn’t the case.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #12

Lots of stupid on Facebook agreed but The Bacon Experiment is cool. Worth having a look, @juice I think it’s right up your alley. Also great cooking ideas like “Bacon Crusted Pizza” which @PaulL should check out as well. :cowboy_hat_face::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon: My Bacon Brethren

I love bacon but I ain’t got Bacon-for-30-days money and I don’t want to do something that will make me hate bacon the rest of my life.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

(Running from stupidity) #15

Can’t, haven’t been on FB since 2017 :slight_smile:

Same.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

Don’t worry—there’s no such thing! :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon: :bacon:

#BACONISLIFE #BACONISLOVE

(Full Metal KETO AF) #17

I guess that you can try to lead ketonians to Bacon Crusted Pizza but you can’t make them eat it. :confused:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #18

I’m sorry that we co-opted your Butter Devine thread :sunglasses::bacon::bacon::bacon:

No problem. Bantering butter and bacon one would find only on the ketogenic forum. We are not a glum lot!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #20

Here, let’s get back on track:

Deep-fried bacon-wrapped butter

Discuss.