Bacon Experiment

(Lauren Malhoit) #1

Not sure this should really go in the Fasting topic, but I’m starting a bacon fast today. Only had keto coffee and about a pound of applewood and lamb bacon. I saw some folks talking about it in the egg fast topic and listened to the zc episode of the podcast.

Anyone done the bacon experiment? What did you think?

Butter divine
(Lauren Malhoit) #2

Also curious about what happens after you get off the zc…

I’m super curious how this goes. How long do you think you’ll do it?

(Lauren Malhoit) #4

I’m not planning on doing the full 30 days, but maybe just 5 and see how it goes. Mostly I am a person who likes variety so that’s the only real problem I foresee.

(Lauren Malhoit) #5

Day 2 in the books. 15 pieces of bacon today and also 2 eggs. Didn’t need the eggs but we were out to breakfast so I went for it. According to the TBE guy, eggs are a fine substitute

(Lauren Malhoit) #6

Day 3 pretty much done. Down 1.2 lbs. Had a keto coffee and about 3/4 of a lb of bacon. May eat a little more later, but as of 8:30pm I’m not hungry.

No scale available to me until Wednesday or Thursday as I’m on PTO.

Not necessarily looking forward to more bacon, but when I eat it it’s still delicious. Dipped some in horseradish and mustard today.

(Lauren Malhoit) #7

Day 5 and down 5.4 lbs!

(What The Fast?!) #8

I am definitely going to try this!!! Did the weight stay off?? How much bacon did you eat a day and did you eat it all at once? Did you eat the grease?

What were your results?