Business Cards and Pamphlets (graphics and links only, please)

(carl) #1

Here is a business card JPG that you can upload to VistaPrint or any online business card maker. Pass them out to people in need. Give them to your doctor. Right-click on the image to download and save.

Family members with potential diabetes
Encountering resistance from clients due to doctor advice
(carl) #2

This booklet in PDF format is perfect for beginners. It covers most of the topics that type-2 diabetics will need to know. Please feel free to download, print, and distribute as you see fit.

http://booklet.2keto.com

(carl) #4

A more formal business card. Approved by @Brenda

(ryanspletzer) #5

Excellent, I’m going to print these double-sided!

(Becky) #6

Wow! This is wonderful! I am going to print these out! Now, I just have to get my pics and stats to business card size, because it helped me "believe when I saw others’ progress pics!

(betsy.rome) #7

@carl @richard @Brenda - I had an opportunity yesterday to talk about keto to a frustrated friend who’s been eating LC for a couple weeks with no progress. I printed out some of TheKetogenicDietInANutshell.pdf, just the pages I thought most relevant to her. It was still way too long and complicated.

I’m a professional graphic designer for print, and in the interest of the keto community I’d like to offer my services for free to design a real brochure. It needs to have enough info for someone who wants to start keto properly, or is curious enough for a short read and can go online for more in-depth info. Like what the drug companies print for patients in doctors’ waiting rooms.

What I’d need is a writer who is great at condensing complex info into readable short paragraphs and bullet-points. And a small group of folks who could proof-read and agree on content. It would be great if if had the 2KetoDudes stamp of approval (along with the “we’re not doctors” disclaimer).

Not sure if it should be something the average person can print on their desktop printer (would have to be 8.5x11", no bleeds, printed both sides, folded by hand) or something that could be digitally printed in bulk with a good online print service, funded by donations, free or available for a reasonable fee.
Any interest?

(David) #8

Pot me down for prof-reeding. I have a talint for spotting typsos.

(In other people’s work).

:wink:

(carl) #9

You have our permission. Email us at dudes@2ketodudes.com and I’ll send you the word doc.

(Chris Bair) #10

@Dereck_Shaw posted this some time ago: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6ioilT1-56-Rm5fLTRrNVhaRE0/view?usp=drivesdk

(Dereck Shaw) #11

Thanks Chris!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #12

I’m good at proof-reading. Sign me up.
Just for ideas, here’s the card I wrote up that I carry. Carl gifted me a box for Christmas. (I gave one away yesterday and today. I average several a week).

p
I went with super simple. Lol
Thanks @carl!

(Laurie) #13

I am happy to help with the proofing - I proofread almost daily for my work and accused more than once of being the spelling/grammar police :innocent:

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #14

I recently did some political door to door leafleting in a by-election. If anyone has done this, you know how difficult it can be getting a conventional paper leaflet through many letterboxes (at least in England, where people usually use draft-excluders in them). However, this candidate was using for some of his leaflets glossy postcard-sized cards, containing a nice photo and all the essential information on both sides. Pushing the stiff card (just the right size for the hand) through was a cinch. I got hundreds delivered.

I don’t get much chance to hand out business cards, but those “business cards” printed on both sides of a suitably thick postcard would make a very good “leaflet”, and I don’t mind using shoe-leather and energy for a cause that I believe in. So I just might give this a go.

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #15

I’m tempted to leave some of these like this at my doctor’s surgery. They’d probably call security …

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #16

Very good. :slight_smile: However, I notice on the last page, it links to the FB group, and not to the forum.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #17

@carl
We need to change that asap!!!

(carl) #18

Will do

(Stickin' with mammoth) #19

Does the kitty come with it? Because I’ll take the kitty. Purrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(carl) #20

Fixed! http://booklet.2keto.com

(bulkbiker) #21

Hi Carl
Maybe update the Dr Fung book link to the “Complete guide to fasting” rather than “the Obesity code”?
Just a thought
Mark