Bulletproof Coffee

(Guardian of the bacon) #61

We bought one (was more than $3) at one of those kitchen gadget stores at the mall. It has 3 AAA batteries instead of the standard 2 AAA and a bit more aggressive Whizzer head than the cheap one we had before. It is much more powerful and aggressive.

Itā€™s a bit of an investment but a lot of kitchens already have a hand mixer (200w vs 300w mixer, i didnā€™t notice a difference) and the rambler is $30 but it will turn into your daily drinking vessel. Even with blending the coffee is still hot and stays hot due to the vacuum. Iā€™ve used vitamix, multiple frothing wands, whisks etc but this way.

(mwall) #63

I use my ninja cup blender bought second hand for $40 if I add an egg.
But if I make it in a cup I just stir by hand and use a lid so I can keep the mix stirred throughout drinking. One BPC in the morning lasts me through the day until the very last cold drop early afternoon. :wink:

(suzanna) #64

Iā€™ve been using the vitamix and itā€™s quick and efficient. After pouring ā€œunicorn fuelā€ into my mug I add two drops of dish soap to vita mix fill half full water and buzz on high. Quick rinse and itā€™s clean and ready for next use. Super easy. I want to mix my own spices and Cacao so itā€™s super easy to take on the road
already posted my version of excellent ā€œflavoredā€ coffee above

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #65

Amen! #Keto4Life!

After you premix your unicorn fuel - how much do you add to coffee - a couple tsp?

(Dennis Herrera) #67

Iā€™m a bit let proof drinker myself. Each morning have two cups loaded either butter, heavy weight cream and coconut oil. This keeps my body happy until late afternoon where I Jay feel a tiny bit of hunger but I can always hold until dinner. Iā€™m 6 months in.

(Larry Ozenberger) #68

Good idea. I use a hand blender in this four ounce beaker but the Yeti would be more efficient.

(Larry Ozenberger) #69

I meant four cup https://www.amazon.com/Catamount-CG4489-Glassware-4-Cup-Measure/dp/B008POOFIG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1483718218&sr=8-3&keywords=catamount+glass LOL

(suzanna) #70

I havenā€™t premixed yet. Gotta do the math and figure out a ratio!

I have drank bpc since starting keto. I typically use it as a pre-workout and breakfast in one. I usually add mct oil, coconut milk or heavy cream, zero carb protein powder, fiber supplement, creatine, and glutamine. I sometimes add a raw egg. I workout at 430am so this is perfect for me and most days I donā€™t have my first meal till noon.

(Laura ) #72

I used to be a drink my coffee ā€œthe way it was born please, black - thank youā€ until I made my first BPC. itā€™s become my morning ritual to start the coffee maker and drop the butter, coconut oil, HWC, and a small splash of SF Torani coffee flavoring into a mixing container. (Favorite so far is vanilla or hazelnut) Iā€™ve started experimenting with the ingredients just a bit, substituting with small amounts of coconut manna, or cocoa butter and I Love LOVE my cuisinart immersion blender for this! Best part is, Iā€™m good until after noon or so, with zero hunger pains. Bonus: the coconut oil is great for my lips while Iā€™m enjoying it!

(I like to post memes!) #73

I donā€™t have the Ninja cup blender, just the regular pitcher type. The first time I used mine for BPC it melted the gasket in the lid! Now I use my immersion blender.

(I like to post memes!) #74

I look pictures of my BPC process this morning. (Home for a snow day!)
Ingredients: 2 K-cups, Kerrygold unsalted, coconut oil, cinnamon, egg, optional sugar free flavoring if Iā€™m in the mood.

Dump everything but the egg in a large mason jar:

Brew 2 cups of coffee:

Add the egg and blend with immersion blender. I wait to add the egg so that it does not cook when the hot coffee is brewed over it.

When I open a new block of kerrygold, I slice it into eighths so that I donā€™t have to guess each day.

(Guardian of the bacon) #75

Some people are just damn organizedā€¦wish I was more like that. :weary:

(I like to post memes!) #76

Nah, but I take pleasure in making perfect slices!

(michael) #77

I put half a teaspoon of Stevia - Erythritol sweetener, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee or 1 shot, 1/4 cup thickened cream and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and blend then pour into large cup and it is like a latte with a creamy after taste. I usually have a cup afer returning from the gym after work as I get home in the morning as I do night shift. As far as nutrients it is just a good way to add fat to your day if you have not got enough in for the day or just a hunger stopper. My family can see me losing weight but they think I am stupid and will cause me to have a heart attack but I am healthier than they are so I will Keto on.

(Texan ) #78

I love Penzeyā€™s Cinnamon!

(mwall) #79

Whaaaaaaat??? WoW Iā€™ve not had any problem at all. Did you contact them
for a replacement?? They will certainly help you with that. BUT, how in the
world did that happen??? I mean if you were using the locking lid pitcher
blender for a bpc surely it couldnā€™t reach up that high with that much
heat??? Holy cow! Sorry to hear it!

ā€œHappiness is a manā€™s greatest achievement; it is the response of his
total personality to a productive orientation toward himself and the world
outside.ā€
-Erich Fromm

(I like to post memes!) #80

@mwall, no I didnā€™t contact them, Iā€™ve had this for a few years so Iā€™m sure itā€™s out of warranty. It still functions fine, just all bubbled up. Love using my stick blender, much easier to clean!!