Bullet Proof Coffee

(Zack F) #4

I’ve always like it but it seems to be frothier and more refreshing if I blend it at faster speeds for a little longer. There is large difference between ten seconds on low and twenty seconds on high. Sometimes I “suffer” with the former if I’m up early and don’t want to wake my family.

(Patti) #5

I put cinnamon, in it. I use coconut oil.

I don’t know how it tastes yet. But I’m planning on ordering some emulsified MCT oil from onnit. I like the taste of butter coffee but flavouring sounds intriguing to me

(Dave) #7

Really? I love it… Make sure you blend it because if you don’t its yuk… My recipe is coffee of course a little raw cacao, heaped teaspoon of butter and cream and a table spoon of MCT Oil… I have bionic vision after consuming

(Patrick B.) #8

My morning coffee is the only coffee I drink as BPC. The rest of the day I drink it black so I don’t think I have an issue with morning cup. It’s a bonus to me! I use a Tbsp of MCT and a Tbsp of Kerrygold butter and I love it.

(Becky Searls) #9

Check out all the recipes and ideas on this thread–I like unicorn fuel personally!!

(Jane Reed) #10

I’m with you, Ashley.

(Candace) #11

I enjoy mine. I use powdered collagen, Kerry Gold, & MCT OIL, but as others have mentioned, high speed blending is the key. Otherwise I can’t drink it

(Ashley Armstrong) #12

I use my ninja to blend it maybe I’ll give it a try with some cinnamon or cocoa powder.

(Craig) #13

Gotta be blended, and try a squeeze of vanilla bean paste.

I use a bullet blender here in Oz.

Also, make sure the butter is unsalted. Made that mistake the first time.

Lol. Yes, I have a great suggestion. Don’t drink it!

I have nothing against them, trust me. I am no BPC nazi. BUT the thought of them makes me gag! I have not been able to tolerate anything but black coffee and tea for decades though.

There is no obligation to drink them. If you can find a way to make them yummy and want to use them as that morning energy shot great but otherwise just skip 'em!

(David Driver) #15

One thing I have found is that we like really dark roasted coffee in the BPC. Normal roasts don’t cut through the dairy. Also my life likes more dairy and I like more coconut oil. But they are right when they say it needs to be blended. Otherwise you just end up with grease floating on top of milk and coffee.

(Ashley Armstrong) #16

I’m ready to throw in the BPC towel. Cinnamon didn’t fix it.

Lol. Don;t feel bad about it. I don’t and I have zero intention of ever letting it past my lips!

(Jacquie) #18

Me either. It’s never appealed. :slight_smile:

(Keto in Katy) #19

I stopped putting butter in mine — just coconut oil, heavy cream, and a small bit of honey.

You can also try adding a little vanilla for flavoring.

(KB) #20

BPC is certainly not a requirement! But it is an easy way to get a lot of fat into your day! Mine is pretty fatty: 2tbsp hwc, 2 tbsp unsalted kerrygold, 1 tbsp MCT, hazelnut stevia drops and some cacao powder. Frothed up nicely😉 Saturday morning I had time to lounge around the house & watch a movie…I drank 2(not normal for me- that was 1000 cals)and I wasn’t hungry again until about 9PM- barely…

(Dustin Cade) #21

My bpc is a stick of salted butter (4oz) about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil… this is emulsified into a 30oz container and lasts me all day, I have one meal at night, helps my hunger and keeps me on track though out the day… keto is about finding what works for you!

(Ritchie Linden) #22

Re the onnit emulsified MCT oil. I wouldnt waste your money it tastes rotten, really chemically. I have bought 3 different flavour and none were good at all.

(Ritchie Linden) #23

the best product I have found for BPC is this http://ninjagoatnutrition.com/product/fatcoffee-release-1/ there are about 2 carb per sachet but flavour is good and the guy gave me a deal on shipping when I moaned that it was too expensive. Also I am in no way affiliated with this company. only tried the vanilla and pumpkin spice though.