Bullet Proof Coffee

(Dustin Cade) #21

My bpc is a stick of salted butter (4oz) about 4 tablespoons of coconut oil… this is emulsified into a 30oz container and lasts me all day, I have one meal at night, helps my hunger and keeps me on track though out the day… keto is about finding what works for you!

(Ritchie Linden) #22

Re the onnit emulsified MCT oil. I wouldnt waste your money it tastes rotten, really chemically. I have bought 3 different flavour and none were good at all.

(Ritchie Linden) #23

the best product I have found for BPC is this http://ninjagoatnutrition.com/product/fatcoffee-release-1/ there are about 2 carb per sachet but flavour is good and the guy gave me a deal on shipping when I moaned that it was too expensive. Also I am in no way affiliated with this company. only tried the vanilla and pumpkin spice though.

(Dustin Cade) #24

this is the product that Joe Rogan owns part of yeah? I was thinking of giving it a try, thanks for saving me some money!

(Laura ) #25

I enjoy my Keto coffee every morning, in fact black coffee doesn’t appeal as much any more and I was a lifer black coffee drinker. Seriously. I use a splash of HWC, a tablespoon of Kerrygold and a tablespoon of coconut oil as well as a splash of SF flavoring. I use an immersion blender and it’s a frothy hot delicious coffee drink, better than anything I’d have to fork over $6+ dollars for at a coffee shop.

Thanks Ritchie. Being from Canada makes it way more annoying to get products like the emulsified oil so knowing it has a chemical taste makes it so I won’t put in the effort to buy any. At least not right now. If I saw it in a store I would like to try for myself but for a product I would have to order and wait weeks to arrive it’s not worth the effort.

(Ashley Armstrong) #27

I just had to hop the boarder to get pork rinds!

I find that different brands of coffee make a huge taste difference. Recently I picked up eight o’ clock brand in a mint chocolate flavor. I use 1 TBSP of kerrygold butter and 1-2 tsps of coconut oil. The blender is a must and I agree with an earlier reply, time in the blender matters. I usually leave mine on high for a good 30 seconds. Sometimes in a dark roast I will sprinkle in some pumpkin spice seasoning… yum!

(Andrew Anderson) #29

I have been using bpc if my macros get wonky… before bed, with decaf. I like to add the English Toffee stivia and a drop of almond extract with the kerrygold. Depending on how much fat I need I add the mct oil.

I think coffee is disgusting. (tea too). :wink:

Blasphemer! :laughing:

(G. Andrew Duthie) #32

:flushed:

(Polly Bennett) #33

You don’t have to drink it you know. It really just gives you a lot of calories. Maybe you’d do better to use the calories elsewhere.

(Polly Bennett) #34

Treason! LOL!

(Becky Searls) #35

Oh I like it with salted butter!!

(Craig) #36

Might have to re-think.

Must admit, think I may have corrupted my experiment by introducing vanilla paste at the same time as I changed to unsalted butter.

Thanks Becky, will check out other permutations of my recipe, as I would probably benefit from the extra salt.

(Mike W.) #37

I never noticed the salt. Kerrygold 4 life!

(Mike W.) #38

I also use a nutribullet and whip the cream before adding the coffee, butter, and coconut oil. It’s so frothy and delicious!

(Craig) #39

I use the small Magic Bullet (made by Nutribullet)

See below, specific to a few models-

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/nutribullet-users-faces-burned-after-blender-exploded/ar-AAo34r2?li=AAgfYrC

Advice on the website reads: “'Never put any hot liquids or ingredients in any of the NUTRiBULLET 600, 900 or Rx blending Cups.

“All liquids should always be left to cool completely before you put the ingredients into the NUTRiBULLET 600, 900 or Rx Cups."

(Keto in Katy) #40

I just finished my morning BPC and I am lit up.

Do not dare to claim ownership of this day for IT IS MINE ALL MINE.