Brisket stuffed jalapeno poppers AKA Texas Twinkies

(Adam ) #1

So I had some leftovers brisket and heard about this recipe. So 1st you take jalapenos and slicing down the middle but not all the way through and clean out all the seeds and inner stuff.

2nd put a little cream cheese in side of them I added mixed some garlic into the cream cheese but plan would be just a good.
3rd I chopped up the brisket into small pieces and crammed as much into each jalapeno as I could while keeping it together
Now I found that 4th and 5th you want to do at the same time. You want to put some cheese in/on top of the popper and then wrap it in bacon.
Step 6 is put in the oven or in my situation in the Trager at 450ďľźfor about 30 to 40 min or until bacon is at desired donenes
Last step is to put some guacamole on one and enjoy

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Those look delicious, thanks for sharing. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #3

This does look good, and I don’t even like bacon.

(Susan) #4

Delicious! It is similar to something @Janie makes and what I made (copying her the other day) but this is really awesome.

Ours are peppers, with the cream cheese, I wrapped ham around mine, she wrapped bacon. Yours are more fancy and even more revved up, and I am sure were delicious!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #5

Those looking freaking bomb !!!

And I just happen to have some beef brisket in the SV right now ! :smiley:
Might have to do this recipe in the next few days, with leftovers brisket as well :slightly_smiling_face: If not this time, then next time for sure.

I actually sectioned our brisket into 4 pieces, and I am cooking a smaller piece on this first SV.

('Jackie P') #6

Corr that looks delicious!

(FRANK) #7

Guess what I’m making this weekend!!! Thanks Adam.

(Bob M) #8

Those look great! Another way to do those is to use chorizo or another sausage as the interior. You can also use “sweet” peppers too, though I like the hot ones such as jalapenos.

(FRANK) #9

Spot on Bob - yes to chorizo!

(Adam ) #10

I also think that shredded chicken would be good as well

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #11

Or on the exterior to make Armadillo Eggs. It’s no accident that my mom agreed to go keto after I made these, they are unbelievably delicious!!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #12

Showed my GF these pics yesterday, and she was immediately sold :slight_smile: Not sure if we will have enough leftovers from the chunk of brisket we have in the SV right now (first chunk was a smaller “test”) but next time for sure :slight_smile:
Trying to get the brisket itself dialed in to our own personal tastes as well :slight_smile:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #13

So our brisket came out pretty darn good :slightly_smiling_face: 155 for 26 hrs so it was medium. Excellent flavor. Could have been a bit juicier, but next time, 135 for 40 hours.
Plenty leftovers for this Jalepeno’s recipe :slightly_smiling_face:
Oh, the side dish was my GF’s amazing Zucchini Au Gratin :slightly_smiling_face:

This Keto diet sure is tough ! :wink:

(Susan) #14

That looks awesome, Chris, really delicious-looking.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #15

I promise, it was :slightly_smiling_face:

I had to try a little bite to test it, before fixing a couple plates for my GF and I, and from that one bite, I was like… OMG ! Fixed this plate (and my GF’s kid sized plate :slight_smile: lol) and I had to go back for seconds :slightly_smiling_face:

(Jane) #16

Those look fantastic! I like how you jazzed them up with the leftover brisket and topped with guacamole. Yum.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #17

Thanks again Fishman ! Ours came out great too ! :grinning: Might look a bit different as we used bacon bits and pieces. We did use guacamole after we served them too. Freaking bomb !!!

Oh, plus I started another “bigger” chunk of brisket in the SV machine today. This one’s going to be 135 for 40’ish hours. Will see how that goes, then decide how we like it best :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #18

That looks very nice too, Chris, enjoy =).

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #19

Oh yeah, i have this on my list to make right away!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #20

Oh yeah :slightly_smiling_face: Put it this way, their wasn’t any leftovers :grinning:

BTW, we were a little concerned whether the Jalapeno’s would be not spicy at all (like some we have had in the last year) or too darn hot !
But I thought they were just right :slightly_smiling_face: Mouth didn’t start flaming until I was all done eating :grinning: lol