Bone broth in a crock pot?

(ketohealthclub) #1

I have a 7 quart crockpot and would like to make bone broth. I’d love some recipes and tips about types of bones, additional ingredients, temperature, and how long to cook it. Thank you!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #2

Check out:

and

Good tips in both threads.

Tip: the search here in the forums is MUCH better than the Facebook group…just click the search icon (magnifying glass) at the top of the page, and enter what you’re looking for. As we get more users and topics, the results will just keep getting better.

(ketohealthclub) #3

Thanks! I’m still trying to figure out this new environment.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #4

You’re welcome. Easy to miss the icon. :slight_smile:

Good luck with the bone broth. It’s a staple in our household…though we’ve not yet tried beef bones, only chicken.

My wife usually makes it, which is why I pointed to the other threads instead of offering our recipe.

(Cheryl Meyers) #5

This is my favorite recipe for slow cooker bone broth http://nomnompaleo.com/post/3615609338/slow-cooker-beef-bone-broth

I use a chicken carcass but it’s still good.

So made a 24hr bone broth ending this evening (onion, carrot, celery) strained and cooled there is a clear film on top, 2cm. The question is keep or bin, it’s not mixing with the lower scrumptious layer.

(Cheryl Meyers) #7

If it is gelatinous, it is probably fat and collagen, very good for you, so mix it in when you reheat it. Enjoy!

It’s been in the fridge overnight and has solidified, must be the good stuff :wink:

(Ramon) #9

Do you mix it with water before reheating? Or drink it pure.

(Cheryl Meyers) #10

Straight, reheated in a soup mug. Sometimes I add more salt. It’s like soup.