BewareEasterBunny -- DangerousCarnivoreApril

I never was jealous but again, I always ate what I wanted, kind of… It’s not clear-cut, sometimes I want and desire different things, I have my circumstances and even compulsions… But I never was good at being “strong” as I can’t even try that, it sounds unnatural and unhealthy for me to try hard. My approach is softer, subtler and takes a lot of time.
It’s interesting that now when I eat off, it’s either great or meh/disappointing, very frequently the latter. It was always great before (to some extent as severe carb poisoning and overeating isn’t nice but I don’t reach that level easily). But maybe it’s quite natural I changed.

The weather is rainy so no shopping for today. I pretty much run out of eggs, I had no proper meat already… This won’t be a carnivore day, hopefully tomorrow will be different.

(I ate boiled eggs today. I still have some so it shouldn’t be too bad. But I don’t want smoked pork or cheese. I have an opened can of tuna though. And ONE raw egg, it always disturbs me, no matter it’s easy to get more and I have multiple boiled ones… I liked when I had 100-200 eggs all the time. That’s a cute amount. But I can work with 70.)

And I deleted the rest of my comment, it’s about my hardships again. My conclusion is that I probably already do what I can, I just need to wait until I change more. I just can’t help going off sometimes. I have some ideas what to do differently in the future but I don’t really have much wriggle room. I should depend on my moderately quick changes to be more consistent. Give me a few years :smiley: I handle meat much better than before but 1 pound a day still was too hard on me, not while I did it, that was great, afterwards. It’s so blissful not to eat meat now.

I still don’t think I ever will be a carnivore (I can’t possibly know, of course, I always thought I never would be able to give up my vegetables and I don’t even like them now except a few flavorful ones in moderation… but it sounds so… not me? how I view myself is a bit dual now, I need time to have a clear imagine again) but I only want to stay very low-carb almost all the time and we will see.

But you normal folks do things right!

But that’s popcorn… We could buy very good meat with that money…
(I never was into popcorn, to put it very lightly. Just like I disliked donuts. Except those handmade normal ones with homemade jam, those proper, traditional carby-oily things, one can criticize them but…
But those choco+flitter torus shaped things with a ton of sugar in the supermarket nowadays? I can’t consider them even remotely as food, they always had some negative charm. Like I looked at them… Ewww. Why anyone would eat these? Sometimes they are cute halloween-y, I can consider them as cute sculptures then.
And I deleted some part again, it was about my attitude towards them in a very serious famine… I got carried away a bit. But these things are among the last ones I would try.)

I come back when I am on track again for a while. Sigh.

(Vic) #142

:joy: now I’m imagining you standing there, eyes closed, tong sticking out with a popcorn on it, refusing to fall off. Blaaaaaaaa :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy:

@Carnivoor, oh believe me I would do something like that, try a piece in public and spit it out :slight_smile: I aint shy in that respect HA

-----------------cold here, I said that, big wind

but hubby hit me up with I wanna eat breakfast out. omg.

so off we went. left kid sleeping.

here is my double bacon, cheese omelet (which I cut up and smashed up into my omelet mess :), 2 sides of sausage which were delish, and some fat back. Fat back I ate but had a ‘funky taste’ to it I did not like, if I am not alive later ya know why HAHA…funky weird fat back. Wouldn’t get it there ever again but being on vacay, no plans to hit that restaurant again ever probably LOL

So have steaks for later.

now it is walk dog on beach and watch hubby surf fish and taking this day easy so far mostly.

(Vic) #144

Picture from breakfast
Not perfect but good enough

Dinner was terrible terrible, chicken covered is tomato goo, and fish covered in some yellow and green plant goo, I tried to wash it off with water but it tastet sugary. My turn to spit it out. Yuck
Grabbed some cheese and a raw egg. That will keep me going till breakfast.

(Karen) #145

100 stair runs first thing before heading off to CrossFit yesssssss ~ she jumps for joy ~ so so glad I have kept up with the stair running throughout the lockdown because it was mainly cv today. A warm up, then a toes to bar workout (gymnastics part) then a 20 min AMRAP (as many rounds and reps as possible) of a 16cal row into 10 x burpee box jump overs. Yay my kind of workout. Felt great! Might not say that tomorrow morning mind. Then home for a well earned brunch of egg, bacon ,(thought I would give it another try) and sausages. 2 eggs and both had double yolks … my lucky day! You can only see 3 in the pic as one broke in the pan and got hidden under the whites. Lol

Went over to my dance friends bumgalow in the afternoon and he suggested a walk in the opposite direction to the last time which is more steeper and longer hills than I think he remembered … as he had walked down them the last time!. He did very well even when he was a bit puffed out going up the long hill he carried on. I find it quite hard to walk so slow these days as I am so used to force marching with my daughter lol. We had to walk single file up the hill because there is just a small cycle path and no pavement so I walked behind him and told him it was in case he needed a push to the top lol. He is doing so well from when we had to stop halfway up the short hill a few weeks ago. So 2 miles all in.

Home for dinner of chicken thighs, not overly fussed about them. I ate 4 but I think I was just eating for the sake of it. Had some lovely blue goats cheese and a bit of the somerset mature cheddar, a cold sausage and 2 cold burgers.

Did a shop on the way home and stocked up on a few more steaks as i noticed the stash in the freezer was depleting rapidly!

20210413_202641

hubby took me out to dinner. we brought back food for kid, she didn’t want to eat out tonight.

WOW prime rib and shrimp. Absolutely delish.

hubby got all my sides and that made him even happier along with his meal LOL

very nice restaurant, had a good carnivore time :slight_smile:

sorry @Carnivoor Vic, you got unlucky and I got very lucky on this order out!

Just peeping up from under a work avalanche.

Did a halfway through April waist measure. Have lost almost 1 inch. Tells me I’m reducing visceral body fat.

Cravings have increased for sweet “bakery” foods as my body signals my mental stressors. But I hear Fangs in my internal radioplay saying, “Hold to plan”. So, in response I have substituted more coffee. It’s not a good choice as it spins the cortisol spiral. Coffee goes from being a pleasurable drink to have on a relaxing break, to being regularly by the computer keyboard like a shoulder devil.

I attempted a 1 kg rib eye steak on Sunday night and had about 400g left over. So, yesterday I had an interesting breakfast.

I made single egg thin omelette cooked in butter. A layered on a slice of Jarlsberg cheese. Moved the thin cheese omelette from pan to plate. Smeared it in pate, mainly chicken liver. I sliced a thin piece of cold rib eye steak leftover. Wrapped that steak slice in smoked salmon (surf and turf) then wrapped it all up in the omelette, so it looked like an enchilada. I had two of those for breakfast and felt very satisfied.

Coffee pot is on. Back to work. Sun is out, so I’ll get some on my skin later this morning.

(Vic) #148

Gizzards for breakfast

WOO HOO! Your surfing swim shorts are going to start to fall off you :slight_smile: Happy your results are happening!!

Hey if coffee is keeping you off truly eating junk then drink the coffee :slight_smile: lesser of evils for sure and remember as much as coffee is iffy in alot of people’s books, so many drink a good amt of coffee and they do very fine on it. So I think you are doing ok and being under an avalanche of work (sorry on that, work IS a 4 letter word ya know HA), you holding plan is the most important and you are doing just that. Your ‘egg roll ups’ are a great meal for you, you always enjoyed them, keep on making them and having a good time making weirdo combos that are so darn good!

One of the simplest ways to get results on ANY eating plan is hold the plan tight as coffin nails ya know. Any good eating plan, if one holds it, does what truly is needed finds they can get results so key is stay on plan man! And you are doing just that :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

---------------------So the massive cold wind is not out there this morning. chilly but the wind has finally stopped alot from crazy. Not sure on plans to day, maybe surf fish or sightsee more?

One thing I do know is I got nice Tbones for the grill tonight.
Some corn grilled and mashed taters for sides for family. I might pair up my Tbone with a burger for a luxury meal for me :wink:

Vacay is going fast. Leave tomorrow. WOW. days fly when having a good time and it seems April is darn near 1/2 way over so everyone hang on and hold carnivore plan tight and lets see what good results we get at the end of the month for all!

Okay, you know I can’t stay away for long but I will be concise as best as I can. (And I deleted stuff too.)

We had SNOWFALL ALL YESTERDAY. What. I know it’s April and snow is possible but we had more snow than in winter (we had no proper snow in winter but still)! My zillion (hundreds? they are everywhere) daffodils weren’t happy. And the frost isn’t good for the fruit trees :frowning: Mine are pretty okay as they mostly bloom later and if I won’t have apricots, it’s no big deal but it’s important for many people… Apricot flowers are too early anyway so they often get affected by frost. People use fire to protect the long lines of trees, I saw some impressive photos about it a few years ago… :wink: Maybe it’s an interesting information for some of us, it was new to me back then.

Finally, I didn’t eat super early today, that never ends well. (Ate twice last night though, just a little eggs and pork, felt very good. My inner rebel is content and hibernating again so I will have easy days now.)
Okay so liver won’t get nicely reddish brown without losing some of its charm and tenderness, I get it, I stop trying. I only fried it (chicken liver) for 20 minutes and it turned out super soft and nice! It’s still bitter a bit for me but I added sour cream. I will experiment with cream later.
So eggs and liver for lunch and some tuna deviled eggs. I properly got hungry (not very strongly though), all was good. I feel content now.

I still drink coffee and opened my last bag of cream but my supplies are low and anyway, let me have this :smiley: I will try to limit it when I see any chance for it.

It seems my stricter early April has some effects but it’s hard to tell. I definitely see carnivore (the least strict version) less restrictive than before.
I keep making my idea of “normal” stricter (dairy only if it’s really needed) and keep hoping my inner rebel will consider normal carnivore days free enough for a long time. But it’s truly better for my goals to be stricter most of the time anyway. Not too strict and not all the time, just what feels nice. Sometimes I like to challenge myself, it works for a little while and I change a bit…

You are walking the all in carnivore path, and yes it can get a tad crazy but listen to your body. I was ‘cheese’ for a snack and then more cheese cause it ‘felt safe’ to my mind in that I didn’t give UP everything ya know and mental game comes into play here…but longer on plan, years in I just dropped cheese down to darn near nothing. I want it ONLY as I need it on a food, such as I love cheeseburgers. I hate a naked hamburger. I want cheese on it but yet I easily and super easy on that, dropped cheese from other meat meals I thought it added ‘something’ but in the end I required no cheese with it.

So you are changing. Just go all in with that flow. Listen to you and truly you will find that super sweet balance on carnivore. We all get it but it takes time :slight_smile:

Sorry you got the cold now HAHA we are going into full summer here and boy I want that heat and sun and summer time.

You are a smart cookie and can easily navigate carnivore. You know what you need and know how to change it up and ‘see what works’ so you are right on that all in and doing fine area, you hard tough on carnivore S cause you are right on that brink of knowing what you need and more…it is a good thing :slight_smile: :+1:

(Karen) #152

Woulf have been good to see a pic of that :grin:

(Karen) #153

Stair runs done again and second day of CrossFit straight after. Hmmm think the doms are setting in already as it was weights, front squsts to start with them a wod of 18cal rows with front squats!.

Back to work tomorrow so up at the crack of dawn and a 14hr shift to look forward to :roll_eyes:

Todays food… ham eggs and cold beef sausages for brunch followed by a bit of cheese.
Dinner 3 chicken thighs without the skin and some chicken fillets which were far nicer than the leftover thighs. And a bit more cheese.

Pack up sorted for tomorrow.

Feel for you on that 14 hr shift. Been there and they can be rough :slight_smile:

nice food pic.

(Edith) #155

I like your egg smiley face.

I got a tad bored of eggs, I always develop this quickly when I depend on them unusually much. And my other food (liver and tuna) wasn’t tempting either. Good thing I had beef in my freezer, fried some. Today I ate a little of everything I could with my cheese aversion and low supplies and it worked well. Finally, 2 meals only, that’s what is natural and convenient for me but it was easy now, I ate much lately so I can get away with less food. I still don’t track and I am bad at guessing but I don’t think I ate much.

Tomorrow won’t be a problem, so much leftovers!
And Friday is city shopping, finally! I will buy lots of meat, my little freezer is almost empty and a little box of beef stew is all the meat there. I had no such situation since ages.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #157

I’m finally here. Omg I did so well on keto last year and then fell down the Easter bunnies hole. Are you all sure he ain’t the bunny In wonderland??:thinking: Cos I think I ended up possessed by the mad hatter along the way.:upside_down_face:. Anyway, mad or not, I’m back and excited and I have eggs and chicken in the fridge. I will be having very little carb, mainly just animal products ( Should start with that damn bunny) and will slowly eliminate plant matter. I won’t jump straight in the Deep end as I tend to do with everything. So yeah for April and yeah for getting out of that rabbit hole.:smiley: Hi everyone and hope you all had a happy Easter.:rabbit::egg::egg::egg:. I’ll just say one more thing, I’ve missed this forum SO MUCH. I am just getting my life back after addiction took me to the abyss for quite a while. I almost completly lost myself along the way. I have now given up the drugs and back to basics. I’m enjoying nature and sunsets again. So back to basics means also back to wholesome healthy clean eating. I read in a magazine that when sugar enters your belly, it makes it expand. That shook me out of my slump as in my last 5 months I had forgotten that fact. Lol. So I’m really committed again. My plans to be full animal products. I’m not a big veggie girl anyway, :upside_down_face:. So bring on the rest of the year and I’m praying and manifesting that the rest of it will be " La Di Da". I’m clean and sober now and if I can do that, I can do this lifestyle again. Bring it ON!!! :smiley: ok, sorry, that was more then one thing, off I go.:sun_with_face:

Well congrat’s darlin’!! So good to have you back with us!!! Nature, sunsets and meat. What else does one need?!
You got this, girl.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #159

@SecondBreakfast Thank you. I’m starting with two meals a day. Starting with eggs. I’m g l ad to be back. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m not tracking this time. I basically will eat similar stuff to last year, so I am not worried about macros.

(Vic) #160

Welcome to the least weird bunch.

We trow the chocolate eggs in the garbage and eat the bunny. You feel right at home here :smile:

Let Fangs be your guide, she is amazing at it.

We love pictures, so post your meal here, but no plants.

Have fun, you got this.