BewareEasterBunny -- DangerousCarnivoreApril

oh no it isn’t that I need it at all. It is the ‘fun family atmosphere’ of being on vacation right now and they wanted ice cream and I ‘might have allowed some’ cause hell I wanna be part of the ‘family fun’ sometimes :slight_smile: It is a mental game here. Not a draw to sugar, but I tell ya one thing, IF I ALLOW that big sugar back, oh hell I am gonna go down a tough sugar withdrawl road again and I can never go back there ever :slight_smile:

I also acknowledged that if I grabbed some peanuts from her tin it meant I was ‘just off my game’ and ‘might allow more’ and I had to shut it down so when the ‘let’s get ice cream’ thing came up I was like, oh hell no, don’t put me there! I need control and I will do what it takes to keep my carnivore control at all times. I know me LOL I know what I am capable of and how I can backslide in a flash. I won’t allow that anymore so I know my careful control and what it takes for me now.

yea I hear you on eating late. It can mess up our guts and timing and we feel icky sleeping with food on our tummies and more. Time cures that, we all hit our normal eating pattern longer we hold carnivore.

and you, get on carnivore and stay there, no peanuts for you LOL HA

it is only almost 11 and sun finally came out and heading to beach for however long, I thought, OMG I need to eat my leftover baby back ribs…yes I cooked 2 big racks and my leftovers I am eating now before my day at the beach starts into fun times.

burgers and chicken for later :slight_smile: ZC ALL THE WAY no matter what and Vic also showed on a work trip he can accomodate and do well and this is what our lifestyle is ALL about…carnivore forever :slight_smile: :slight_smile: ok see ya’ll later, I gotta go lick my fingers HAHA

(Vic) #123

Lamb and pork for dinner.

Breakfast was 6 fried eggs

took pic of my hubby surf fishing. I am behind the surf buggy in my chair soaking up the rays while he is doing his fishing thing.

day is beautiful. water is SO COLD…not for me LOL

came back to RV to eat cause hubby wants something, I heated up a few of my chicken tenders and I am set, back to the beach we go in a bit. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #125

Really good to hear you are in a better place now. Dancing is a real health booster, both mind and soul feel invigorated. I cannot wait to start dancing again … dates are im the diary yippeee!

(Karen) #126

Stairs run done and then went out for a walk with my gorgeous daughter for our weekly catchup. We walk so fast and talk even faster lol.

Did a shop on the way home in the Company Shop which sells a lot of stuff near to use by date at fraction on the cost. Very envrlironmentally aware as well , my daughter loves it because they have recyclable packaging.

Lunch about 1330 ham n eggs

Dinner 3 beef burgers, a bit of cheese and some chicken mini fillets marinaded in a small amount of tandoori paste. Very tasty.

Work tomorrow, early start so I am now off to bed at 8.14pm!

(Vic) #127

that is wonderful. building up such good endurance!
nice food pics!

---------ate leftover ribs yesterday, with some naked chicken tenders and we grilled and I ate 2 cheeseburger patties.

today is sightsee day. out and about. will eat some sausage and more chick tenders before we leave…after that will see what I get out there in the cruel world having to order from a restaurant probably LOL I know I can do zc or I just won’t eat…eh, all will be fine. Hoping to find a good seafood place for peel/eat shrimp. yum

ZC on everyone :slight_smile: April is going by fast it seems also and so far we are all doing wonderful.

Today I had fish and eggs.

I’ve been eating small portions and OMAD. OMAD suits me. I’m having it in one sitting, somewhere at about noon.

No cravings at the moment! I hope I can finish the day without them!

I love eggs again :smiley:
It’s nice to have a break from normal meat (I still had a bit of processed pork) but it will be nice to have my big roasts soon as well. But today I enjoyed my eggs :smiley:
I think I stop trying to be strict for now. It’s nice to do it for some time to break some habits like eating various dairy every day but I like to add back things when there is a real need or when it makes my day better. Sour cream was great on my scrambled eggs with bacon. But I avoid cheese now. It’s not like I want it…

Today I tracked. I managed to go way beyond my energy need based on eggs. I couldn’t do this often but with lots of egg sandwiches and pancakes and liking eggs again… It wasn’t a big challenge but now I am very full and hopefully safe despite I stopped eating super early, already at 5.
15 eggs for today except a few yolks. I like my boiled eggs with 2:1 white/yolk ratio :slight_smile:

Tomorrow I will have a more balanced day. I opened my can of tuna and there will be pig tongue as well, almost surely.

WOO HOO!!! Changes are coming, you hang in there :slight_smile:

never had it. how do you cook it? just like a beef tongue I would think?

-------------day is getting screwed up here. weather turned icky. cold and so windy, might change our plans. can’t seem to get the kiddo awake, heck she stayed up til like 3 am and I am saying, wake up but she is ignoring me LOL hey, 16 yr olds right? ugh

Its been rainy and yucky here too, @Fangs
Night time temps are back into the 30’s. Going to try a new gardening technique this year- using hay instead of soil- maybe a modification of the Ruth Stout method. I kinda feel like the soil has gotten a bit worn out, and is quite dense. From what I can glean, onions and garlic do quite well with this method. I’m not into the whole veg thing anymore, since going back to carnivore. But, the rest of the family and friends still love them, and I am happy to garden and grow. So, I was out picking rocks out of the garden this morning. Hubby will plow to even out all the hills and valleys in there- then unroll a few bales across the whole thing, then fence it in.

Have been mostly fasting through each day, then having 32oz of beef or chicken broth, & aminos, thickened with Xanthan powder. Threw an egg in the other night, and it was like egg drop soup! Feel great, working 40+ hours/week. Going to spend the rest of the day cleaing here, then back to work Tues, Wed and Thurs. I think I’ve scored another 3 day weekend - so that’ll be nice. Hope everyone is doing well… @Karen18 So glad you’re feeling better! Cheers! SB

(Edith) #133

Hi Everyone, my apologies for being so silent. Life has been busy and I just haven’t had a chance to check in on the forum as much as I would like.

I am off strict carnivore. That means if I want to eat a few berries or other fruit here and there, I don’t have to stress about it. Boy! I didn’t realize how much stress being totally strict caused me. Mentally I feel more relaxed.

I am back to being able to eat beef again. I am no longer getting the stuffed nose, nausea, and diarrhea after eating it. Unfortunately, I did make a number of changes so I can’t pin point which change may have caused the improvement, but I have a feeling it could be all of them. Adding my salt supplementation back into my diet caused the biggest improvement. It’s possible the salt is actually the lynch pin.

I listened to a podcast with Paul Saladino about why he has relaxed his own diet where honey and fruit are concerned. He developed heart palpitations and couldn’t seem to get his electrolytes straightened out. Adding back in some carbs seems to have helped him. I seem to be noticing the same thing.

It’s nice to see how well everyone continues to do.

@Fangs, enjoy your vacation. My husband and I are thinking about taking a mini vacation soon. We really need a change of scenery.

Can you remember which podcast this was, @VirginiaEdie - sounds like an interesting listen.

(Edith) #135

I think it was this one.

Brilliant, thank you!

(Karen) #137

4.45am stair runs and pu’s before work, then run around all day collecting prisoners for video link so knocked up a further 43 floors and heaven knows how many steps as we can’t wear our fitbits in the prison.

Pack up was chicken mini fillets cold and 5 slices of topside beef.

Came home and cooked two small duck breast fillets. Follwed it with some cheese.

Maybe eat a couple of cold cooked burgers later.

Tired so will get an early night. Crossfit class tomorrow yesss! Can’t wait :grin:

I never even saw a beef tongue… No idea, I will look at recipes tomorrow! :slight_smile: But if I just slice it and fry it, it can’t be bad…

I only know that tongue is tasty and it’s in head cheese. I am such a newbie at this but I am eager to try tongue! :stuck_out_tongue:

We had rain! It was high time. I sowed flower seeds today :slight_smile:
And my first (red) tulip bloomed today! :tulip:

@VirginiaEdie, welcome back! I am thinking about fruits too… I don’t need them (theoretically), it’s just a futile battle to resist them sometimes… But as long as the amounts are really small (and this is the typical case), I am fine. I am not even interested on most days.
Do whatever works for you! :slight_smile:

(Vic) #139

Calamari, very rubbery. Had a few raw also.

Great to hear from you @VirginiaEdie
One must do what works best so if you go ketovore more power to you :slight_smile: A long term eating plan that we enjoy and gives the results we want is key and finding our sweet spot!

oh and take that mini vacay, believe me it is good for the soul, a change of scenery does just that :wink:

-------------------holding zc easily. hit restaurant. had a lb. of the most delish big shrimp. wowza and had a few bites of kiddo’s crab dip. So rich and delish. I was assured there was no flour etc in it, from scratch made by the chef but I am not a fan of cream cheese that is in this dip, but darn that lump crab dip over my shrimp was superior :slight_smile:

so days eats was 2 sausage patties, restaurant shrimp, 1 leftover cheeseburger and a few chicken tenders later at the rv.

SO COLD here. Wind is a killer. Funny thing is my house location is like 75 and I am 55 in cold azz wind whipping at the beach with clouds. Go figure HAHA but I love being away, enjoying this trip.

Steaks on the grill tonight!!! Got me a big one :slight_smile:

We hit some fancy tourist stores and hubby and kiddo bought 2 bags of fancy flavored popcorn. $16 a bag. OW!!! Ate 1 piece at home and YUK. The sweet on the peanut butter chocolate popcorn was disgusting and they enjoyed some of it. I am lucky I shy away from this crap!! I have trigger items in my life but this kinda crap is not it :slight_smile:

I also realize my want/desire/need to eat off plan is almost gone. I am SO ZC I don’t care about too much anymore on what swill they eat. I like that change in me. My old days I would be very jealous, irked life was unfair and a ton of other excuses and emotions to eat junk…NOW I put it just where it should be…in the garbage pile.

I like how zc has changed me! I love my eating lifestyle. I give it a big thumbs up LOL

Carnivore strong all!