BewareEasterBunny -- DangerousCarnivoreApril

(Linda ) #101

@Karen18 good to hear your on the mend…you are so great with your exercising me the dogs get their nightly stroller and I try to make sure that happens once the pool is finished im hoping to get into water erobics.

@ Fangs oh so lucky to spend time at the beach I virtually live at the beach( 20 min drive with lights…30 in traffic) and I love it but husband only been getting one day off a week so my beaching days have been far and few inbetween but the pool will def make things alot better…

@shainita how do you make your sponge cakes?
Good to hear you were able to grab some heart…I want to try calf liver never eaten beef liver before only pork and sheep…

@Carnivoor your food is so tasty looking now…I look forward to the daily pictures.

House getting painted on Monday so got to get ready for that.

Food today was flanken style ribs…ground beef and butter if I get hungry

(Vic) #102

Breakfast,

Chorizo wannabe sausages, eggs and 2 slices of junkmeat.

There was also scrambled eggs but it had small pieces of tomatoes and I’m just not in a ketovore mood. All I crave is meat.

I whip the egg whites, gently mix it with the yolks (not whipped because it would be quite problematic with my current tools but it’s fine) and bake it :slight_smile: It will be flat as it only has eggs but it’s still nice.
I am not pleased with my sponge cake photos or I am not sure which is 100% eggs so I will make a photo later. They are quite pretty, at least the top but careful mixing and immediate baking should make them completely fluffy in that deflated way. It’s way funnier than boiled eggs.

Beef liver is something else! Not even similar to chicken and pork liver. I find it a bit sweet and nice but Alvaro definitely dislikes it. We both gladly eat liver but not from the same animal.

The heart was good! We probably have some again next week! We just fried it with bacon (and leek. it was in the original recipe and Alvaro was the chef… that’s good, I was in no mood to cut out all the probably inedible for us parts. the cats will be happy) but this one isn’t a good bacon, I didn’t feel the taste.

I saw pig tongue at the butcher so that will be my new thing to try :slight_smile: That’s good stuff, it’s known.

fast post

I am a moron. truly.

I booked a ‘federal national seashore’ campground. NO metal detecting, not even trying to get a permit for it. FEDERAL means NO and I based this trip on just leaving the rv, walking over a sand dune and detecting for most of the day.

I tell ya guys I don’t know what brain misery I have sometimes LOL

I am a lazer type focused person and me not metal detecting on these days and NO swimming due to cold etc…omg I might just have to sightsee more thru this trip. I am not a sightsee person LOL

good thing is I got meat :slight_smile: Making 2 big racks ribs on grill tonight.
might go to the lighthouse and check it out, we might go to Kitty Hawk and hit Orville Wright’s plane museum, omg ya know.

I need to find and search a public beach where I can drive to metal detect. I detect a ton of places and no trouble yet I wanted a new area and booked this federal park and boom, got myself cut off at the knees thru dumb-itity…is that a word? not sure but it suits me HAHA believe me I am slapping myself silly over how dumb I did booking this outing but FUN CAN be found :slight_smile: just got to change my focus somehow and ‘let it go’ and ‘learn to adapt’ but being a control type freaky person, it is hard to do but work in progress and doing just that…wrapping head around changes. I hate change :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I tell ya guys, ain’t one thing it is another HAHA

off to eat meat and find fun at the beach

be good everyone! Carnivore on!

Oh, this is so disappointing :frowning:
I know nothing about these things but it doesn’t seem dumb, you didn’t know.
sigh

At least you have meat. I really feel I don’t. The heart was tiny and organ anyway, I have a wee bit of liver, fish (not my style) and the precious beef I don’t want to touch. Suddenly I realized the impossibility of continuing my strict style when I don’t even like eggs so much… I will do normal carni days, I mean with dairy (and for stew, onions too, I can’t avoid that), today I totally relaxed into some “almost no net carbs (and quite low total too) from non-animal sources” thing. But it’s not better than carnivore so I stop it. Whatever, I tried.

But the extras were tiny, I mostly ate heart, some processed pork, some eggs and some cheese (I really enjoyed my cheese whisps this time, with some pizza sauce. my inner rebel needed its fuel and it’s tasty). Cream too. I had a tiny bit turkey soup as well, with half a thin turkey neck. (I sound so pitiful…)

I will open my can of tuna next and we will make egg stew. I probably will visit the butcher on Monday too… I will survive the next few days somehow. This postponed city shopping complicates my life (but I like tiny challenges like this, just not very often) but Alvaro’s lawyer got very sick after her Covid vaccine and asked for a later date… These things are still about the accident, figuring out how guilty is the car driver - pretty much - and how much he must pay for the permanent damage he caused go slow.
Alvaro feels fine now, 2 days after getting the vaccine. We expected this, he is a healthy type even now. And an enthusiastic one, he wanted another heart almost right away, not me :smiley: So it’s a hit.

oh I knew, back in some part of my brain but it didn’t surface LOL

I just wanted a change, new campground, new ocean area, new everything for experience and went this route but being federal land, done deal on detecting, and I KNOW this but a big big brain fart happened when booking this trip LOL

but it is cool…I am at terms. I will change and do ?? more fun junk.

right now hubby is checking out Over the Road Vehicle permits to drive on the beach and I am gonna soak up the sun and goof and relax while he surf fishes and catches ??? who knows, something he can eat or something that might eat him?? HAHA

Kiddo is out like a light. Up late for days and not gonna move til 2-3 this afternoon probably HAHA 16 yrs olds…whatever at this point :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

S…I hope you can find your hams and meat and more you need.
It is SO important to have it to eat when we need it ya know.
Put an extra shopping list to town and go find meat :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Then you forgot temporarily. Today I made a shot of an insect and only a sliver of it was sharp and I forgot to change the settings (I can’t say it in English, barely in Hungarian)… I probably will mix 3 different photos. I was a bit mad at myself, it’s harmless though. While you lost your planned enjoyable dream trip :frowning: That’s sad. But you will metal detect a lot in the future too, it’s not like a true tragedy. I am so good at compare my life to less lucky folks, I know a bunch of absolutely horrible fate!

(Vic) #108

Dinner, turkey and beef.

(Karen) #109

Felt much better today Yay!
Stait runs done in 5x 20 stair runs 20 russian twist w/6kg kb and 20 pu’s.

Brunch chicken sauted in butter and meltes cheese
(Back on par)
A smidgeon of vintage cheddar

Mid to late afternoon anchivies drained and rinsed @FrankoBear! Much better

Dinner 2 sirloin steaks pan fried in lard with spiratcha butter and the lard poured over the top.

Beautiful photos again, guys! :slight_smile: Especially the last one, mmm… My favorite group of colors are yellow-orange-deep red-golden brown-dark brown-black, it suits carnivore food so well :smiley:

My 100% eggs pancakes:

Satiation was no problem today, I wasn’t really hungry after my nice lunch, only ate a few bites. I am more optimistic about my supplies now, it will be less than the usual amount of meat and not the proper roast I prefer but there will be variety and I should open my old can of tuna already :smiley: And after the city shopping I will roast all the pork I am able to fit into my biggest, deepest oven pan and I won’t be shy when I eat. It’s good to have different days and a little time won’t bother me (I would get some proper meat from the butcher then, more expensive but avoiding suffering is worth a lot to me. but it’s fun challenge now ~).

(Linda ) #111

@Shinita Ohh those look great would work for hamburgers I’m going to try those thank you…what temp and how long?

@Fangs well maybe your supposed to just relax, soak up your d3 and enjoy your break… plenty of time to go out day detecting with summer coming …but how much time do you take to just soak in the sun and do nothing…strolling on the beach with wind in your hair feels good too.

I love all the food pics …I dont post often cos my foods boring right now, virtually eating same meals day after day.
I see you guys eating fish alot I need to do that I need to start adding some type of fish weekly since omega 3s supposed to help us fight off dementia. So maybe when I finish up my ground beef and butter I can make it shrimp and butter and a fish meal at the weekends…next month’s goal I guess…

(Vic) #112

Those look really cool, I imagining a burger with some cheese inbetween. :hamburger:

I am a simple one, I bake almost everything on 180 Celsius without preheating :slight_smile: It works for my stuff.
The time is probably different in a normal oven, mine is a mini (a big one :slight_smile: not a super tiny one. but still significantly smaller than a normal), it takes around 15-20 minutes. A big one probably uses more time just to get warm.
Waiting after the whites are whipped is bad (maybe my stubborn attitude against preheating doesn’t help but I still can make it work) as the bottom gets a bit soggy and even properly baked, that won’t be fluffy like the top. When I made it perfect (in its deflated way :slight_smile: I need at least fiber to counteract that… I am usually fine with these), I put it into the oven right away, was gentle with mixing the yolk in and even used vinegar (I’ve read once that it helps. never figured out if it’s right yet, next time I will experiment with it).

Thanks. I love the look myself. They are best when still in the hot oven, being huge balls :smiley: And then they deflate :frowning:
I usually use them for my too salty smoked pork. Or a rich beef stew or spicy sausage. So when I need something neutral too, for balance.

I looked at stand mixers, I think that’s the name. They aren’t even so expensive, well let’s see how they fare if I use them a lot… I never had such a things, only hand mixers (heavy and boring and it catched my hair when it got long and broke…) and my kitchen machine with a weird very flat part for whipping so a big part of the whipped egg/cream sticks to it. I had enough. I get a proper tool already and will make sponge cakes a lot. I may get bored of boiled eggs but not of these. At least I never did this far.

Last day wasn’t so very successful. I was so nicely satiated - until about 9-10pm. So I ate again. And then I got hungry at midnight. Meat would work better except I get satiated way too quickly sometimes and I need my calories. I still didn’t figure out these things yet. But I think several eggs and a proper amount of proper meat worked best this far. If either gets too low, problems emerge and dairy can’t solve it, it merely can fill some tiny gaps and spice up things when needed. Or boost my calories without doing much with satiation. I can’t depend much on it.

Sorry about the mix up, @Wendy198!

I hope whatever WOE you do, you see improvements! I’m still carnivore at the moment. I’ve started because of you.

Thank you again to all of you for your kind words! It goes straight to the part of my brain that makes me feel better!

@Shinita, all the mental clarity thing and mental this and that also elude me. I think I was ok before, so I wouldn’t see much of a change anyway.

@Karen18 you’re an inspiration! I do work out in the house, but I’m an outdoors person and I need the sunshine, the views, the not-between-walls experience to be happy. On a super positive note, the weather was better during 2 days and I went out with my mountain bike and explored all over the place. On the last day, I’ve stopped in the middle of nowhere and danced to my hearts content in a private party, only I (with headphones) and the cows and birds. On the way back home, I’ve made a 15k detour to see my favorite horses. One of them came right at me, slowly. It was getting dark and it was a totally out of this world experience. I’m 100% well now. I needed those 2 days!

@fangs, thank you! I’m super happy to report I’m feeling well, now.

A big hug to you all for the support!

So, I’m finally in a (much) better place after some horrible weeks.

Foot-wide, I’m still strict carnivore. I had good meals of salmon and also got some chicken liver, my favorite meaty thing!

I can’t see shrimps anymore, got totally bored of them.

I’m dreaming of more liver!

I still have cravings of lemon juice and sweet things.

(Linda ) #115

@Corals good to hear your feeling so much better

@Corals, that was a nice mental image about dancing and horses :smiley:

We have sad weather here, Alvaro is so happy we visited the nearby forest with lots of primroses yesterday (I made photos)… We hope there will be some rain, there was an unusually long dry period and the plants need it. But nothing this far, just this gloomy weather, I didn’t even go out today.

Well, folks, it turned out pork heart is 100% edible and even tasty. I decided I don’t want to give the cats the chewy pieces Alvaro cut off so after it was already fried (we don’t give raw pork to the cats), I ground it, mixed with an egg and fried it again. As I do with pork skin and that gets totally transformed.
Heart is even better :slight_smile: Tasty! I just needed tiny pieces. So it’s a success. It even makes cutting up the heart easier as it’s fine to cut off some proper meat as well along with the chewy parts :wink:
(The cats got their wet cat food, meaty cubes in aspic, they love that. The heart is MINE.)

that’s ok. I had cravings too and that darn carb withdrawl is a pain in the butt for many of us but you hold strong. Any time you get cravings eat up anything you love, like for me, bacon saved me truly thru weirdo craving times. I promise they go away and it becomes easier and easier longer on plan you hold strong! Glad you are doing so well!!

I got shrimp’d out. Bacon’d out. Burger’d out and steak’d out many times HAHA Just keep rotating you food as you need :slight_smile: and even if you think you will never eat another burger or steak again, oh yes, you will LOL

===========HI ALL
my trip is fun but rainy kinda today but should pass by afternoon the ‘expert weather people’ said. :slight_smile:

ate 4 sausage patties
a ton of those delish baby back ribs we did on the grill. they turned out wonderful.

also tho…had a small handful of peanuts. Why? No idea LOL Kiddo was eating some and I walked by and put my hand in the tin and grabbed a baby handful and sucked them down. You know what, I don’t care for peanuts anyway, they didn’t do a thing for me taste wise. I guess I wanted to ‘just see’ and yup, they are on the never again list :slight_smile: What was harder was not eating ice cream when hubby said he wanted to hit the ice cream palor down the road. I told them both to go alone, no way I wanted near that :slight_smile:

So had a fine vacation day here at the beach.

So many vehicles/trucks on the beach. This is an ORV area (off road vehicles) and the amt of trucks that were surf fishing was amazing last night. they drove onto the beach like crazy and set up fishing and some people were having small parties. Fun times :+1: Cool to see everyone having a good time out and about.

I ate so well yesterday, today is hang out and I got chicken and burgers. Keeping it simple today.

carnivore on!!

I agree with you about ‘several eggs and a proper amount of meat’; that’s what I eat for every meal.

I don’t know if it’s helpful to you, @Shinita - but satiation is a funny thing. Sometimes I am very hungry, sit down for my meal, eat 3 bites of my meat and feel full. When that happens, I power through.

It took a bit of a mind-shift to do that because I normally listen very strongly to my satiation signals and rely on them for when I should stop eating, but I know that 3 mouthfuls of meat is not enough.

I just wanted to add that you’re not alone with that feeling, but instead of trying to change what you’re eating, just have a lower limit set of what you feel you should eat at a meal (for me, that’s 1 steak) and if you get the ‘feel full after 3 mouthfuls of meat’, aim for the lower limit before giving up. That should stop the ‘full early, hungry at midnight’ feelings.

So agree. I walked thru that too. Darn near all of us coming into this plan had very big big eating days where we think OMG HOW can I eat this much and then days when we eat like nothing and think, omg I need food for survival.

@Shinita, this is truly a normal carnivore thing many of us go thru. You are changing now. Your body is adapting and you know it, feel it, see it in your meals but it is an OK thing truly. You are not going to perish cause you ate very little one day or 2 or 3 even. So key to it all is follow your body for what it wants. And this is a set amt of time ya know you have to walk thru weird eating times, how your days go, it will all even out and balance out very well for you. Like Septimius said even if you think you are not hungry after a little, try a few more bites. It matters to help ‘reset’ you if you allow those extra bites even if you feel full, your body can do a few more bites :slight_smile:

I had days my only food was a can of tuna and some mayo and a few slices of bacon. Done. I had no ill effects, was happy and fine and thought, my gosh how can I only want so little…but it is US that are changing. Just follow the food where it takes you. In full blown truth the food will lead you exactly where it wants you to go.

and remember too, we think we are not hungry cause we are nutritionally satisfied and our bodies are adapting and doing well and happy…but sometimes just ‘see if you are hungry’ and eat a little something…that is the times I might think, NAH not hungry, and then I grab a burger out of the fridge and fry it up and think I won’t eat but a bite and put it up for later, then I eat the whole thing LOL and think, darn, I needed that?

but it is a changing time for you. Just go with the flow and just eat as you need and all changes will lead you to how much food you need for your 1 or 2 meals a day and you will find your very personal sweet spot on your food requirements and it will very enjoyable and predictable when you hit that. Time gives us that :slight_smile:

I am still in a strange love with peanuts. yesterday I ate about 1g, it was already a relaxed day…
I love the taste and the CRUNCH!
But my body mildly dislikes when I eat them in an endless loop so I don’t do that anymore. But a little bit happens on some of my off days. I expect this to go away.
I never desire them on carnivore, of course, carnivore makes all of my problematic desires go away (on the first weeks at least, I still don’t know what comes later) except coffee.

But why? Are you still able to eat horribly sweet things? I easily went to cake shops without any temptation years ago. I can’t eat anything with normal sweetness at this point, at least not alone. Chocolate is always possible, I just need a ton of black coffee.
I have my weeknesses galore but it definitely helps I find a lot of things too sweet. Peanuts are fine as mine are roasted and heavily salted but they are quite sweet too and I probably will reach the point where I can’t enjoy them due to their sweetness (except in desserts, maybe but I don’t like that. I always ate my peanuts salted, even my peanut fat bombs were salty. I dislike peanut butter)…

I have ice cream now, by the way. I stop this tomorrow but I had circumstances so I experiment too. Well, my normal food is way more tempting at this point. It’s good I didn’t do much. (I had to use up things so making ice cream was logical now that I already took a tiny break. But a very soft break, in the past I did a low-carb day and now I am waaaay stricter than on my old keto.)

Oh I know that too and yep, I always can eat more in that situation (when I was a very beginner, at some times I actually ate as much as I possibly could at every meal, I always ate when I could, I didn’t wait for hunger at all, I ate when satiated too and still managed to undereat. but it was short-lived, my body can’t be that confused for long). I don’t have really tiny meals, usually. Once I was full with a single egg but it never happened again.
And I don’t have a huge energy need but I always was used to much food, I am still usually able to eat a bit more than I should so it’s not good to eat as much as I could all the time either.

But when I have this super easy satiation, that may be a problem.
If I wait a bit or use certain food items, I can eat more but if I ate a significant amount of meat, I get a very serious stop signal, I can’t eat more. And my second meal tends to be smaller… I have great eating skills, seriously overeating on keto is not even a challenge but carnivore and meat, that’s something special.

Maybe I should totally stuff myself at dinner (and hope it’s temporal). I will try that. But with what? Non-satiating items are dangerous, they run away with my energy intake while not being particularly satiating longer term either (me being satiated in the end of my meal is one thing and not very important. it’s more important to be satiated in the next 20 hours or something and not being forced to eat at midnight).
Meat may be too effective short term (sometimes it works great, sometimes not). And I can’t always eat eggs galore easily, not even when hungry.

Oh well, I will figure out eventually, thinking probably doesn’t help much at this point.

I am very full now, I did a double lunch, ate a bit first (quick satiation) then had some more food later when Alvaro had his meal. Hopefully my dinner will be big enough. I go for eating as much as I can today.

By the way, I don’t necessarily feel “full”. I feel very satiated and I can’t eat anymore.
(Is there fullness feeling with an empty stomach, btw? Because I definitely feel so sometimes. I am usually just so satiated I can’t eat but sometimes I feel my belly/body in general is full 20 hours after my previous meal. Not on carnivore though, at least not now.
But let’s not complicate things with my wild signs running almost completely independently from each other. Fullness is totally irrelevant except if it’s stomach fullness as I am unable to eat then, no matter what. But it’s short living. At least I only could reach my ~2 liters limit with lots of water and that leaves quickly.)

I don’t think it will be easy but I will figure it out.

Oh and I didn’t even mention my fortunately not very strong mental attitude about eating as little as possible, that was a very good attitude to have before carnivore, not like it did much good, I still ate too much almost all the time… I had the opposite for a while but as food choices heavily influence my energy intake on any woe and I want to be satiated while losing fat, it’s not this simple.

No, I will eat at midnight or at 2am and I will feel a bit worse the next morning. I dislike that.
I don’t have problems with 1000 kcal or 2200 kcal days (1600-1800 would be ideal for me as far as I know, at least if my activity is the usual. it’s not counted using some deficit and guess about my energy need, this is exactly the amount I feel right with. less and I probably get too hungry at midnight, more… okay, more doesn’t often happen on carnivore but I wouldn’t expect fat-loss with it… but it’s a moot point). I only have problems with hunger after midnight. It’s not my natural eating time but that’s not the problem, I can sleep as bad as always… But I started to feel some slight pressure after those nights and I tend to get hungry earlier and it’s a vicious circle as the earlier my meal, the smaller it is, usually.
So it’s not good. I am not miserable or desperate, it’s not that bad… But I am not content and I want to be. I want my cute TMAD back (just usually, of course I have different days and that’s fine to some extent), with proper sized meals (and a bit bigger appetite if possible, I don’t mean the amount, I mean the desire. I miss enjoying my meals fully as in the past. I eat good stuff but it’s different. But I am patient with that part).

I am not even sure I can stuff myself. It’s so unnatural and I like when carnivore totally works for me. I eat when hungry, stop when I feel like it… That’s nice. Thinking about when I should stop to do things right for the future… Not nice. :frowning:
But I will try to eat as much as I comfortably can at dinner. Not at lunch as if I stuff myself there, I may get hungry 10-12 hours later only… I had such days. And that means a big meal (the bigger the distance, the bigger the meal, usually). Even at 3am if I am still awake (which is often).

I just reacted but I try to hide these very personal problems when I am unsure what to do, even I can’t effectively help myself, it will get sorted out somehow. I will survive quite well until then.