Best Fatty Proteins

(Brenna) #41

Well I don’t eat these meats for religious reasons.

Anyways, I think I’ll just avoid the turkey bacon since its expensive and super thin. I think I’ll just try some all beef hot dogs and eggs or something like that. Also, maybe trying to find a way to cook chicken thighs or chicken legs while retaining some of the fat. Not sure how I’ll pull that off just yet.

(Lonnie Hedley) #42

You can also get beef bacon. Not as fatty as pork bacon, but I found it very tasty when I had it.

(Brenna) #43

I didn’t even know there was such a thing as beef bacon. I am sooooo gonna try and find it. It sounds yummy.

(Lonnie Hedley) #44

I think all mammals have bellies. :grin:

(Doug) #45

The fish mentions - yes! I’ve been slack on this, but herring, mussels, anchovies, salmon, albacore tuna, sardines, swordish, trout, mackeral, walleye/pollock - these have the good Omega-3 oil thing going on.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #46

This might blow your mind if you had never realized there is beef bacon…

Duck Bacon.

http://www.mapleleaffarms.com/prod-duck-bacon

https://www.hudsonvalleyfoiegras.com/index.php/applewood-smoked-duck-bacon-sliced.html

(Brenna) #47

Still trying to find beef bacon online. its a bit rough.

(Running from stupidity) #48

Less fat than bacon bacon, though.

:slight_smile:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #49

Less pork (which the OP doesn’t eat), so there’s some upside.

(Running from stupidity) #50

Quite a lot less, yeah.

(Brenna) #51

I found some beef bacon online, I might try and buy some next month and see how it goes.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #52

There’s a thing that is actually beef and better than bacon… if you have a religious dietary stricture against cloven footed animals, this should be your jam.

Pastrami.

(Running from stupidity) #53

:fire::fire_engine::fire::fire_engine::fire::fire_engine:

(Brenna) #54

what is pastrami and how do I use it? I’ve never heard of it.

(Lonnie Hedley) #55

Roast beef with flavor. :+1::+1::+1:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #56

If you are a Member of the Tribe and not familiar with Pastrami, I scold your elders.
Because:
Pastrami%20Sensual

Here’s one I made:

And if Juice don’t like it, he can live with out it, and just live with the second most sensual of all salted cured meats.

(Lonnie Hedley) #57

#GeorgeCostanza

(Brenna) #58

I don’t know what you mean about the Tribe, but it looks yummy.

How do you cook it? How do you find it? I most definitely want to try it out.

Now I get the koala reference in the other thread! Interesting factoid :wink:

(Running from stupidity) #60

:bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon: