Best Fatty Proteins

(Brenna) #1

I don’t eat pork, or any other carnivore like bears or wolves or anything like that.

and I’m just wondering what other fatty protein sources there are.

Also, is Turkey Bacon too lean on keto to eat?

Turkey bacon is useless.

Get 80/20 or 75/25 beef, any fatty cuts of steaks, chicken thighs or wings, or duck. Those are some fatty proteins.

(Carl Keller) #3

I’ll add eggs, salmon and nuts in moderation (due to them having some carbs) to the above.

(Lonnie Hedley) #4

I almost exclusively eat ground beef. 73/27 is the fattiest I can get.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5

Turkey bacon is fine. But it’s goong to need to be supplemented with some fat.

Beef is pretty much the king. Short ribs, ribeyes, long ribs, navel and brisket. Eggs are the queen. Turkey bacon would be the janitor of proteins as it was designed to be nonfat. And it’s processed poultry. It’s acceptable to eat for protein but if there were keto kops, they’d fine you.

(Lonnie Hedley) #6

I’d choose smoked turkey legs over turkey bacon. There should at least be a hint of fat in the legs.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #7

I’d probably choose near about anything over turkey bacon, but, that’s what the OP asked about.

(Lonnie Hedley) #8

True. I just mentioned smoked legs because they’ll give you that smoky flavor you get with bacon, while also getting a hint of fat.

(JT23) #9

Tuna has a ton of protein!!!

It’s not very fatty though. It’s also one of the higher mercury fish so you don’t want to consume it in large amounts - smaller skipjack are a better choice if you do.

(Running from stupidity) #11

Yep, you want things from lower down the food chain in the ocean, for sure.

I’m really curious as to why.

I get that you don’t eat pork, but who really eats bears anyway? Alaskans? Maybe some Siberian Russians?

That just seemed kinda out there.

(Running from stupidity) #14

And wolves aren’t? You wolvist or bearist or something?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I guess I could see someone killing and eating a wolf, before I could a bear. But yeah, that’s kinda out there too.

Did you know that the nose is the fattiest part of a koala?

(Running from stupidity) #17

I’m going on a koala-nose fast

I did not know that! Fascinating.

Is that very popular in Australia? I kinda figured they were protected or something.

Or are we talking black market stuff?

(Running from stupidity) #19

Nah, the’ve all got chlamydia anyway :frowning:

You can also get rabies from eating armadillos, but I’m not sure how fatty they really are anyway.