Best Fatty Proteins

Well they’re not an every day food Elmo :roll_eyes: One or two koala noses a week are fine.

Hhmmmm - starting to sound like I shouldn’t be eating all this roadkill…:thinking:

Everything in moderation.

Eat less, move more. :wink:

Good point. I may get rabies or chlamydia but I won’t get diabetes :grin:

Life is full of trade offs.

I’m looking forward to the Jillian Michael’s lecture on what koala noses do to ones telomeres :slightly_smiling_face:

(Running from stupidity) #27

I’ll convince her to sell them, that will immediately make them awesome!!!

“You won’t believe the new weight-melting ingredient in Jillian Michael’s new diet!”

I’m going to have nightmares about her ripping the faces off koalas now :tired_face: I’d best leave this thread be.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #29

(Running from stupidity) #30

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #31

Boy, this thread sure went off the rails fast!! :koala:

(Brenna) #32

I’m from AK. We eat bears and porcipines and other stuff. I don’t. I’ll eat moose and caribou when I can get it.

I know some people in the lower 48 who do eat wolves.

Anyways, I don’t eat pork. but the suggestion for meats and eggs and cheese were good. I just ate some pink salmon salad myself and that felt more satiated than some of teh proteins I’ve been eating lately. I think maybe I just needed some more fatty proteins.

Thanx for the help.

Salmon is an excellent choice :slight_smile:

(Allie) #34

It’s also vile.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #35

Actually it’s leprosy and the 7 ringed armadillo carries the disease. But you may be right about rabies, not sure about that.

@Littlerose84 you’re so lucky to be able to get game meats, so much more healthy for you. Elk is awesome! And I would revisit trying some of the local game that you have refused in the past after a while, keto changes our taste in food over time. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Chris) #36

Not to mention gross :stuck_out_tongue:

(Bob M) #37

It’s better than completely fake bacon from Morningstar Farms:

https://www.morningstarfarms.com/products/morningstar-farms-veggie-bacon-strips-product.html

" Ingredients

Egg Whites, Soybean Oil With Tbhq For Freshness, Textured Soy Protein Concentrate, Modified Corn Starch, Wheat Gluten, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (Corn Gluten, Wheat Gluten, Soy), Contains Two Percent Or Less Of Glycerin, Salt, Soy Protein Isolate, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Phosphate, Sugar, Natural And Artificial Flavors From Non-Meat Sources, Torula Yeast, Caramel Color, Monocalcium Phosphate, Sodium Tripolyphosphate, Natural Smoke Flavor, Malic Acid, Guar Gum, Yeast Extract, Locust Bean And Guar Gum, Sodium Sulfite, Carrageenan, Red #3, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Niacinamide, Iron (Ferrous Sulfate), Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Nonfat Dry Milk, Yellow #6, Vitamin B1 (Thiamin Mononitrate), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin."

Yum!

(Adam Kirby) #38

I believe lamb has a superior nutrient profile to beef, so give that a try.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #39

Oddly, none of the above qualify as obligate carnivores.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #40

Oddly, I’m aware of people eating bear meat, because folks in my SV group occasionally ask for times and temps to kill of trich and parasites. Apparently wild bears havefood safety issues that domestic pork doesn’t anymore.