Best "Fakers"

pizza
recipes

(Clare) #21

It doesn’t knock me out of Keto so I fail to see what the issue is.

I’m not a big fan of eating soy products in general and this isn’t something I’m eating on a daily basis - it’s occasional.

But this isn’t a dogma - this is just science. This food is high in protein and fibre and doesn’t knock me out of ketosis and I don’t have to justify myself to your dogmatic standards pal.

(Brad) #22

In general soy causes inflammation in a lot of people, as with anything you can do what you want. That doesn’t mean it has to be recommended or endorsed as a whole.

Canola oil, vegetable oil and many other things don’t kick you out of ketosis, but they are not keto.

And, it’s delicious!

(Siobhan) #24

Bagels:

Swedish meatballs:
http://www.wickedstuffed.com/keto-recipes/keto-swedish-meatballs-grain-free-low-carb/

Fettucine alfredo… pair with different noodles if you want I’m not picky about mine and the egg ones are more filling

Pancakes

(Clare) #25

I’d agree it’s not a good idea to eat large quantities of omega 6 oils but as with everything, it’s about balance.
Toasted seseme oil is in that catagory but you’re not a Keto heretic for using it. I personally wouldn’t touch anything from MacDonalds but I know there are plenty of folk here who of necessity go there and de-bun a burger. It’s not for me but I don’t pass judgement because we are all here to share what we do.

People like you, with dogmatic views who try and bully other people end up ruining communities like this.
This was a post about decent fakes FFS and I think this stuff is ok.

(Andrew Anderson) #26

N=1 :v:t2:. Any more good fake recipes? I’m in love with pork rinds. They help me fake everything. Add crunch, make waffles, nachos, new fake potato chip, and breading for all fatty meat!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

(Clare) #28

Thank you.

(Guardian of the bacon) #29

Whew…I hadn’t been around much lately due to long hours at work. I was worried the keto gestapo had been allowed to take over for a minute there. Glad to see @Brenda has things under control.

Don’t Make this complicated folks. Low carbs, moderate protein, fat to SATIETY. The only real rules we need.