Best "Fakers"

pizza
recipes

(What The Fast?!) #1

Hi all! I prefer super simple keto eating (salad with olive oil, bacon/eggs, etc), but since my b/f has agreed to do keto (yay!), I know I need to step up my recipe game to keep him on board. He’s said to me no less than 4 times in 2 days that he misses pizza already…

Can you all share your favorite (preferably easy) recipes that great “fakes” for carby meals?
So far, I’ve made cauliflower rice, and the Chicken Parm from the 2KetoDudes recipe list.

ALSO…please let me know your favorite pizza recipe (I’ve seen the fathead and a few others floating around - I’m looking for the one that you feel like is MOST like regular pizza.) THANKS!!

(James storie) #2

Carlshead in our recipe section is great, I’m also working on one that is pork rind based. I’ll post it when I get the measurements down. The last time I made it I had to add more pork rind and didn’t measure it.

(Crow T. Robot) #3

Have you ever made pizza with a sausage crust? That sounds like it would be amazing, but i haven’t worked up the gumption to try it.

(Jo Lo) #4

Just the cheese fathead pizza is so good! We’re not giving up anything.

Sausage works great as a crust. Lou Malnati’s in Chicago actually sells a sausage crust pizza

(Jennifer) #6

I did a pizza bakeoff and my family loved the sausage crust best. I used some fresh salsiccia and it was awesome…

But we haven’t tried carl’s fathead crust yet. That is next…

(James storie) #7

No, but it sounds good. There is also a chicken based crust recipe from ketoconnect.com that looks promising as well. I want to try it too!

(What The Fast?!) #8

Aside from pizza, what are you favorite simple recipes that mimic a carby meal? (I’ve tried giving him shirataki noodles in the past and that did NOT go well…)

(Retta Stephenson) #9

@KetoLikeaLady,
Genius Grain Free Pretzels from Low Carb Londoner uses mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour and flaxseed, etc:

Also, she has Easy Low Carb Rolls - Fail Safe Recipe, coming in at 1.6 net carbs each in case you count macros. These use almond flour, coconut flour, eggs, butter, etc. Not complicated at all; bake at 350 degrees for a nice dinner roll topped with sesame or poppy seeds:

George Stella’s cauliflower and cheese is the bomb – you can easily Google it. Tastes better than macaroni and cheese and my non-keto friends devour it. I agree w your guy on the shiratake noodles except for some Asian dishes like Pad Thai.

I also make easy Alfredo sauce that non-ketoers love with sauteed cabbage (believe it or not), or on spiralized zucchini.

I have tried mightily to find a good pasta sub and the above are the best.

Also you can use the fathead dough to make very decent bagels.

Finally who doesn’t love cheese crisps for quickie taco shells or tostadas? I buy the pre-sliced provolone that’s round and nuke it for one minute on parchment paper. Awesome!

Oh also, there’s a recipe out there called Soul Bread that makes a decent sandwich loaf.

(Clare) #11

The best low carb pasta I’ve found is this http://www.explorecuisine.com/#uncategorized

It’s pretty low carb and very high fibre and quite high in protein.

The texture is chewy but nice and it doesn’t stink out the kitchen like the zero carb stuff. Works best in stir fries but hell I’ve even used it for carbonara and it’s fine.

(Jane Reed) #12

I have a hankering for Mexican-style foods that include tortillas. In order to scratch that itch I sometimes make “taco skillet” which uses sauteed cabbage as the base, ground beef , a small amount of tomato sauce, a few black olives, plenty of the appropriate spices, and lots of cheese on top.

(Brad) #13

Those are not even close to being keto

(jilliangordona) #14

I love these almond flour biscuits http://www.uplateanyway.com/keto/almond-flour-biscuits/#print

(Clare) #15

I didn’t link to the one I buy sorry.
I think you’ll find it’s fine.
I don’t eat portions of it the way people do with pasta.
It’s very filling so I probably use around half a portion per serving.
http://www.explorecuisine.com/en/products/bean-pastas/edamame-spaghetti.html

(Arlene) #16

ONLY buy Miracle noodles The other brands just don’t cut it. I made the most amazing mac and cheese recipe out of “Cooking Keto With Kristie”. It used Miracle noodles. I’ve had shirataki noodles and I wasn’t impressed. This mac and cheese recipe with Miracle noodles is really, really good. Evidently you can get the kindle version of this cookbook for only $3.50. The “Crack Slaw” is another outstanding dinner option out of this book. I love the flavors of Chinese food, and this Crack Slaw recipe has all the Chinese Food flavors I have been missing.

(Guardian of the bacon) #17

Loaded cauliflower casserole. Think loaded baked potato toppings over cauliflower​ florets and bake in the oven.

(Guardian of the bacon) #18

Pork rinds nachos. Have to be careful heating and with wet sauces cause they get soggy easy.

(Guardian of the bacon) #19

I made this the other day, everyone raved about it. I subbed raw cauliflower rice for the tortellini noodles and stevia for the sugar in the dressing. I added in some sliced pepperoni.

(Brad) #20

Imo soy is not keto,