Beginning of Day 4...Let's hope I can get through this

newbies
beginning
food

(Crystal) #1

Last night I binge ate on a lot of food, BUT it was all keto. I am upset that I binge ate right before bed, but am also proud of myself that I didn’t have that croissant from Panera or cake from some bakery shop. I’m still gaining weight on keto (mainly because I eat right before bed).

Today marks day 4 and my second attempt at day 4 aka second time I have lasted till day 4. Today is also my weak day because we get free lunch at work (usually sandwiches) AND DESSERTS. DESSERTS ARE MY WEAKNESS OHMYGODDDD!!! I LOOK AT A COOKIE OR BROWNIE AND I GET WEAK IN THE LEGS!

I made keto dessert just for this case but I already ate it for breakfast (oops!) and I couldn’t pack any more because they were the last of my batch.

I am hoping I have the strength to not have any of the desserts that they bring…but I feel like I know that I will. How do I avoid this? This feeling is more definite than anything.

Background about lunch: We have a lunch room and sit in the lunch room b/c there is no other place to sit for food. Please help because I REALLY REALLY want these desserts!

(Michelle) #2

Your body may want those desserts, but your mind does not!!! Mind over matter. Do you want to pour sugar down your throat?? Nope, that’s why you went keto!! Just say no to sugar. It’s an addicting drug that is accepted by most people. Not you!!! Just say no.

I make these if I want a “dessert” or I eat the 99% dark chocolate. Sometimes I break up the 99% dark chocolate and put them in these blondies. SOOOO good. I don’t miss sugary crap at all anymore.

GOOD LUCK!! You can do it.

https://www.amazon.com/Good-Dees-Blondie-Mix-Low-Gluten/dp/B07229QF2F/ref=sr_ph_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1518186745&sr=sr-1&keywords=good+dees+mix

Distract yourself! I think there’s a lot to be said for honing our focus and discipline but the transition to keto can be tough, and I would try to make it as easy as possible for yourself.

Do something really really nice - I don’t know what - or just stay here talking to us and browsing the forum, but stay far away from the food.

Obviously binging on keto foods is not ideal but it’s part of process for some folks, and your cravings/hunger/sense of panic around food will fade as you adjust.

You can do it! keep checking in here and you’ll make it to Day 5!!!

(Crystal) #4

Thank you! I actually brought my own keto meal in case we get something carb-y like pasta. I think what I will do is try to make another post just so I can physically avoid it. After all, if both of my hands are busy typing, I can’t have a dessert in my hands. This is still going to be so hard b/c I am not keto adjusted. What happens if I give in? It’s no the end of the world but at the same time…I still want to try but it’s SO HARD!

(Karen) #5

I find a coffee with HWC and cinnamon and monk fruit just like dessert. I have it cold with a straw a tell people it’s a kale protein smoothie. No one questions that. :blush::blush:

(Jay Patten) #6

Candy used to be my jam, lol. I especially love those little sweethearts you see for Valentine’s Day (yes, I may the only one who actually loves those). I would hit up every drug store in the county starting Feb 15th buying them on sale. I’ve even been known to buy them in bulk off of Amazon. So I know exactly how you feel!!

(Michelle) #7

HA!!! I loved those too. I loved anything sugar. I would eat tons of candy, and desserts, maybe 2 after a meal sometimes!!! Anything with sugar was my jam.

(Tessy M.) #8

You’re not alone! I love(d) the white ones!

(matt ) #9

There is no shame in avoiding social events until you get locked in to keto.

(Tara) #10

Stay strong Crystal! We get lunch provided on a regular basis at work as well so I know what you’re going through. I personally do not participate, I always leave for my lunch break.
So, you already had your dessert for breakfast so you’re good for the day. Just keep telling yourself that. You could grab a sandwich and toss the bread and eat the meat, cheese, and whatever else. Easy. And get up and walk away. Just remove yourself from the situation as soon as possible.
The more often you walk away from the carbage the stronger that will power will get. Think of it as a mental workout.

(matt ) #11

I was never a big candy person but those damn hearts (I liked the ones that are like Necco Wafers) were my weakness. Well those and jelly beans (the highest insulin response there is - go figure) but I don’t miss them AT ALL now.

(Crystal) #12

My willpower is so weak, I don’t even know if I can say no to sugar right now. It’s extremely difficult and darn myself for already eating my keto dessert!

(matt ) #13

Honestly I would start cutting back on the dessert (even keto dessert) as a start. If you really need it, have it but you want to get rid of your love of sugar not just move it over to fake sugar. The sweetness is the trigger you want to get rid of.

Once you are done with sugar you will notice a mild natural sweetness in so many things. Its’s a real eye opener.

(Crystal) #14

It’s a lot harder than it sounds. I will legitimately get 3 baked goods before I even walk away.

(Crystal) #15

I’m going to try and do that starting tomorrow (since I already had my keto dessert today). I don’t know if going cold turkey will be okay for me because I’m scared that I will crave sweets even more!

(Jay Patten) #16

@matt yes, the ones make by New England confectionery (Necco Wafers) were the best. I would poo-poo on Brachs brand… only the best for me :joy:

(Jay Patten) #17

@MKChitown and @TNTDyno Everyone said I was nuts for loving those things!

(Jo) #18

You got this… see you on the other side… you are almost through the hardest part!!

I had a day where I wanted to eat everything! And I said ok as long as it is keto… get it out of your system… and I did and am better for it now…

Check in tomorrow and good luck!!!

(Tara) #19

If you give in now, you will only be setting yourself back again. And why do that to yourself? You’ve invested time into keto, you made keto dessert already and joined this forum! I think you really want to be keto more than you want that dessert.
Also, I agree with Matt’s advice: avoid social events for now. That works wonders for me as well.

(Tara) #20

I totally agree. All the low carb sweets are a trigger for me. Go for fat and salty stuff! Pork rinds!