Beachbum’s Daily Musings

journaling

Monday first meal:
2 large eggs, roast pork slices, cooked in bacon
Coffee:light. Sweet
Lemonade
Ham - cheese slices with dill pickle slices
1 apple with 2 slices of Swiss cheese

When we first began our journey into self isolation, I went a little nuts eating foods I never eat - because I could? Because I did.
After about 4-5 days, I came to my senses and went back to good eating.
The bloat is gone. Im sure the inches and pounds are down. I feel much better and the desire to eat fried chicken has passed.
I came to my senses; but I’ve also lost my appetite. I no longer eat the quantity I did, before.
How many people used this as an excuse to gorge every opportunity?
Do you think many people will come out of this heavier than when they went in?
As “they” keep saying, when we finally walk out of our houses, ready to socialize, it’s going to be a whole new world!
I went out this evening to get some produce. I passed so many vacant storefronts. It’s scary.

Tuesday - 4/28/20

First meal: pork spare ribs - some coated with G Hughes SF BBQ sauce and some coated with G Hughes SF Ginger Orange marinade.
Coffee: light and sweet

SF Coke

Steak, broccolini, bacon fat, pesto, homemade coleslaw, 3-4 fingerling potatoes, roasted in pork fat (from the ribs, earlier)

I went to the market, this morning. I got some meat and last night I went to the produce market and got a few things.
This morning, I made another bowl of coleslaw, only this time, I added some chopped sweet red bell pepper. It’s a raw salad, yeah. I don’t normally eat salad, but I have been craving coleslaw.
At the market, I found pork spare ribs and steak that actually had fat on them. I had been disappointed with the steaks I have bought for the last few months, but these had fat in them… I put them on a rack in the fridge and will let them air dry for a day or two…
I took the pork spare ribs and cut them into 2 large pieces and put them in the convection oven and then the broiler.
I put that G Hughs SF Original BBQ sauce on one half and G Hughs SF Orange Ginger marinade. Delicious. So I got a little of both for first meal.

Goodness, forgot yesterdays posting.
I made a chicken breast curry - with onions, garlic, Ginger, sweet bell pepper, coconut cream, spices, chicken breast… then I added a bag of riced cauliflower. Good meal. Have a portion left.
I also had a great big honkin steak for first meal… i threw away a lot of useless fat. I also had an apple before bed.
This morning I took the pork spare ribs and cooked them a little longer… I poured old homemade salad dressing on top, some more SF BBQ sauce, and some SF maple syrup… not bad, at all… I have one more portion of that.
I am thawing out ground beef. I am craving meatballs. I really want meat balls.
Supposed to thunder and rain and gusty winds, today… then cool crisp mornings… sounds divine. All of the state, except for the southern end is reopening. We still have too high a count for virus people, so we cannot have our beach or Broadwalk opened, yet.

Coffee: light and sweet
Couple of pork spare ribs
Going to eat more ribs. Going to make meatballs with egg and pork rinds… lots of Parmesan cheese and spices.

Went to bed at 9. Got up at 3. Will nap. I need to find coconut aminos. There are none anywhere near me. Have to travel next city.
Loving the Honey Crisp apples. What a nice treat before bed.
Crunchy, sweet, tangy… really good. I also bought some Swiss cheese. One of these days I’ll have an apple and Swiss cheese for a meal…
We’re not going to run out of meat, are we?

I could not log into the forum yesterday…
i tried until about 2am… then finally gave up.

I made the meatballs in gravy… I added 1 egg, ground pork rinds, grated Parmesan cheese, spices… I rolled them into lime sized meatballs and baked in the convection oven. Then they went into a tomato sauce. They were exactly what I was jonsing for…

Yesterday, I went to Aldi’s… that is about the worst store to go shopping in… they wait for one person to leave and allow one person in… I stood in line for 30 minutes just to get inside and grab some cheese and cream… I got some frozen dolphin (mahi mahi to landlubbers)… I am going to make a spectacular fish salad with it… i grew up eating tuna fish… i make my dolphin the same way.
Looking forward… I also have some cheese crisp I could eat it on.
The freezer is stocked to the brim.
I was going to join the May Meat month with Shawn and y’all… but I have tomato sauce… I have celery, I have 1 more apple… Ill just stick to my way of eating… a little bit of plant as a garnish.

When I used to travel between Nashville and FL, I used to do the drive nonstop… just gas and pee breaks. My go to place for road food was always Waffle House! LOVE my Waffle House. By the time I hit Lanta, it would be first meal for me… I stop right outside of “Lanta and eat a large meal of 2 pork chops and 3 fried eggs… Honey, that meal Would last me by the time I hit happy hour in FL…then it would be wings and beer before I crashed for the night.
I miss my traveling… I miss my Waffle House… In all the years I have been eating this way, I have traveled the world, and America and have never had a problem eating Carnivore/Ketogenic style… And now, being stuck in one place… my freezer is over full… Im not getting out of the house. I am not eating badly, just too much…

I saw the most stunning sunrise, this morning. The cats started waking me up and when I opened my eyes I could see blood orange through the slit from the blinds… I jumped up, grabbed my phone and started taking photos… THIS is when I wish I could get to the beach for sunrise photos… I believe they said they would open the beaches on 5/4… That’s tomorrow, I believe.
I. Will take my bike and go do sunrise photos! Make sure the Mayor is cool with sunrise…
Condo board is turning off water to the bldg, this morning… they have to fix a broken water pipe. We will be out of water for half the day… I just filled up a bucket for hand washing. I showered last night. I made a pot of coffee last night and chilled it… drinking iced coffee, this morning. The weather is going to be OUTSTANDING!
Iced coffee and cool temperatures… doesn’t get any better than that.

I have meatballs in gravy… i have eggs,bacon, celery, cheese and ham in the fridge. I have meat, chicken, pork, sausage, fish, mussels, pepperoni and liverwurst in the freezer. Too much food.
I wish my cats ate my food… life sure would be easier.

Going to step out and get the all important morning rays…
And enjoy my coffee.

Goodness, Ive been so busy staying home and painting…
Im a little worried about the meat shortage. As a meat eater… this sucks.
Watching painting demos on Youtube, eating simply, drinking lots of fluids, getting in my naps and 3–45 minutes of morning sunshine… life is moving along at a snails pace. Got my stimulus check yesterday, so I have another month to stay home and paint pictures and nap.
I’ve pulled out duck breast and thawed for todays main meal.
I’m hungry this morning and thinking about an egg scramble…
Ive had my morning coffee. Switched to water. Squeezed 3 limes of their juice, added triple sec and Sucralose. It’s the beginning of a margarita. I’m having a virtual happy hour with my office, tonight and I could not figure out what to drink… Im not a real drinker and it didnt really matter what I got, but since I have nothing else to whirl about… the evening drink was a good one to whirl about… right?
The windows are open. The ceiling fans are going… its cool but will get hot later on. I just like to open the windows for the cats to enjoy.
And myself.
If you like to watch painting demos and learn to mix colors, Clivesart is a good one to follow on Youtube. He’s the easiest.

I hope everyone is weathering this stay at home, ok… persue a hobby. I mean, what else can you do? Do some online studies… get a degree, do something you said you never had time to do… this is the time to do it. Learn a foreign language… Duolingo is free. Use it with AdBlock and you wont have ads… :wink:

Tuesday 5/5. Had happy hour with my office on Zoom. Everyone showed their pets. Some were eating in front of the camera. Weird to watch!
Today, I made a “stir fry” with leftover cooked pork. I loaded up on veggies and sautéed them up, added riced cauliflower and Asian spices and oils… Completely ate it all… Then I cooked up duck breast. That’s sitting on the counter, cooling. I’ll put that in the fridge for tomorrow’s meal.
I made a scramble for first meal: 2 large eggs, 1 slice of Swiss cheese, bacon. Had that with coffee: light and sweet.
The sodium from the stir fry is obvious. I can feel it in my feet, my legs and my hands.
Did a lot of painting workshops online…
And the people I work with were saying that they are all going to the office… and boss said he never closed the office. And they’re busy. Looks like I need to put on my dress clothes and get back to the office.

image I went out for iced coffee today and I saw other humans

goodness, I’m not being very scheduled here…
plenty of rain today and this week. we need it. the ants are coming inside.
binge watching Dead Like Me. First season had great writers and funny lines.
2nd season… meh. they must have lost the good writers.
Carbs make me warm… I had to push the a/c down…
drinking iced coffee, well before God rises… I will probably go back down for a few hours.
Neighbor said she was going to go get a hose at her parents home… she offered to share the hose with me and we can wash our cars today, in the rain… the concrete work has left a huge layer of dust on our cars.
I have to go back to work… I have a listing I have to get into the MLS.

(Judy Finegan Werts) #52

Hi Lynne!! Have you thought about going back to the other forum, maybe under another avatar/name?

Decent day here although storms just moved through. Been super windy outside so wasn’t able to get anything I wanted to do done out there! I have an umbrella plant that had grown so high it was crawling across the ceiling hahaha…cut that bad boy in half. We’ll see if I can get some roots started on the top section…it’s really full and pretty.

Other than that just fixing up some shrimp for dinner.

Hope you had a nice Mother’s Day😻

Judy

Thanks, Judy. I’m good. I’m not being very consistent, which will hurt me down the road when I want to review dates and documentation… I’m so used to a lot of interaction in my journal… Here… they’re not real social. Which is cool.
I’m going to go into the office today and get my listing signed and into the MLS… then prepare for the worst with this jerk. As long as he keeps pushing his tenants out, I’ll keep making money off him. I think I’m going to tell the next tenant to block the cameras… I think that might help keep a tenant longer than 2 months…
food: today, I’m going to take the leftover cheeseburger casserole and fry up two large eggs and place on top of the casserole. that sounds good. I also pulled out a boneless/skinless (unhealthy) chicken breast to deal with, later.
Interesting post I saw on FB… someone posted a photo of all the celebrities that have donated millions of dollars to the relief efforts of people stricken with covd-19. then there were photos of famous/celebrity pastor/preachers that have donated zero.
coffee… dark skies… stormy weather for the next several days. beaches are still closed. everyone went to the west coast, Naples, to enjoy the beach… politicians got pissed. crazy times… We can hang out at Walmart, but not the beach… brains are hard to come by…

sun is trying to shine through the thick clouds.
windows are open for now.
cats are at windows.

Chef said that the winds were crazy at the beach, yesterday. He had to close his sliding glass doors…
we had none of that, 6 miles inland… none. not a leaf stirred.

I’m actually going to put on real clothes… and go to a real office, today… to see real humans. to interact with real humans. and drink coffee with real humans… I’m excited. I want to be part of society that interacts… And I am so ready to take off on a road trip… I would love nothing more than to go to Nasty and hang with my buds, my son, all my friends… just be with people I miss and adore.

it’s 69º outside, this morning… ready for life to get back to life.

Monday. Jumped back into work,this morning. First thing, watching videos on how to use software. one hour at a time. 4-5 hours later, got what I want done.
first meal: 2 large eggs, cheeseburger casserole, coffee-light & sweet.
2nd meal: chicken breast, spinach, parmesan cheese, feta cheese, spices
glass of white zen

First meal: chicken breast, spinach, parmesan cheese, feta cheese, spices, iced coffee

(Bacon for the Win) #56

:wave:t2::wave:t2: just saying hi. Your name caught my attention because I miss the beach so much right now. Read your thread, keep on keepin’ on!

2nd time I haven’t been able to get onto this forum. Does it get hacked regularly or does it have to be backed up everyday and it’s not being done? Frustrating to say the least.

Did a large grocery haul yesterday. Finally got bleach… Lots of cat food… still need eggs, but will go where they aren’t ridiculously expensive… and when I say ridiculously… I’m seeing some insane prices on stuff that I normally buy… Coffee was the same. Cream went up $1.25+, ground beef has gone up, etc… Then I went to Whole Foods to get coconut aminos… found some fabulous double cream brie… and I got lamb shanks… Cooked the shanks up and ate them right out of the pot… They never saw a plate… Will take the braising liquid and cook up some cauliflower today… and pour the stock/liquor on top of the steak and mashed cauli. I’m already looking forward to first meal of the day.

*** Python Cowboy… check out this dude. He lives north of Palm Beach County and he removes critters from your property, for a living… BUT he also hunts pythons, wild hogs, iguanas… and I’m learning so much from him… he’s so entertaining… I am hooked on his videos… how he hunts, etc… Love learning about the wild animals of Florida.

Have a showing today… my freezer is so full, I can’t buy another thing for it… so I will avoid stores! hahahaha! I cooked up a picanha yesterday, along with the shanks and steak… It was a Carnivore orgasm around here, yesterday… I will be eating off the roast after I finish the piece of steak.
Plenty of food. plenty of bleach… plenty of cat food… we’re good… my car is filthy. car washes are not open, yet…
drinking iced coffee… have windows open. when the storms come, I’ll close the windows… but for now, the cats and I are enjoying the windy morning, here.

Hi NelleG… so nice to have a visitor. Very nice to meet you. If you love the beach, I have a facebook page you can get on… It’s “Hollywood Beach, FL” facebook page… We post pictures of seascapes, all day long!

Will post food here, later ---- as long as I can get on the forum…

I give up. Couldn’t get on the forum yesterday.
I concede.

(annette) #59

Forum is back! Finally.

I’m afraid to post for fear it’ll disappear again!

(annette) #61

I get errors every single time I try to post. I’m about to bail. Too much effort.