Australian Chefcook raging against industrial processed food

Blue language warning. See his tatts and long hair and heavy metal attitude. That’s what you get served.

I’ll just get @David_Stilley in here to double check this is OK to post.

(Bunny) #2

My rage against the machine:

If your eating corn or soy fed meats your still eating an industrialized processed food?

Ever wonder why you have high blood glucose after eating that steak?

Eat grass fed then look at your glucose numbers?

If your dinner is eating soy and corn so are you!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

I approve of the cook and his F*ck packaged foods message (he could take it a bit further) but that guy is a bigger carb junkie than I am. Entertaining though, I did get some laughs. Just take it with a pinch of gluten. :+1: :joy::joy::joy:

not KETO approved :cowboy_hat_face:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #4

Okay, but it’s still low carb, so I’m totally okay with it.

I’ve never wondered why, or even if my blood glucose went up after eating cr@p fed steak. All I know is I’m eating all kinds of tasty stuff, and my weight is staying down.

Oh also, cr@p fed beef has better marbling, and so it’s juicier, tastier and more tender.

No matter how much corn, or grain a cow eats, it’s meat and fat, still has zero carbs.

(Bunny) #5

I doubt it, your still eating carbs (soy and corn) just because it’s meat makes no difference.

Whatever your eating—-was eating is what your also eating.

Lots of speculation out their about that, some with the fancy degree behind there name saying meat can be a carbohydrate?

Eat too much meat your still burning sugar and spiking insulin which is no different from eating low carb (plants).

Protein (plant or animal) can release glycogen or store it when you over-eat it?

We do need the B-12 from animal proteins but other than that animal protein and fats are not essential nutrients as some like to think.

I could only eat grains and be ketogenic but that would not very filling. Considering the limitations on amount.

(Eugene Lynch) #6

I hope your joking or better yet drinking Corona Beer to deal with corona lockdown.

(Ken) #7

All this is making me want to eat some Spam.

(Bunny) #8

I was hoping to be educated on the subject of processed foods?

Everything stated is absolute fact?

I think people want to believe what they are eating is actually zero carb but that’s only wishful thinking?

I want to figure out why a sugar burner would point fingers at another sugar burner who think they are not a sugar burner yet they are carbohydrate intolerant which means they are not ‘cured’ of there diabetes or metabolic dysregulation? They are simply eating foods (mostly in amounts; indefinitely) that are meeting there individual metabolic threshold?

If a person is only eating meat and is intolerant to carbohydrates, that is not normal? Evidence of improved metabolic activity is what I want to know? More specifically long-term tolerance of higher carbohydrate intake?

That would give me somewhat of a gauge on how long a person on zero carb carnivore would take to heal metabolically?

Insulin to glucagon ratios with a glucose flatline is meaningless if metabolic fitness or dysregulation is not really being healed?

Simply carbing up before a diagnostic blood and other testing (and possibly testing normal) does not get the entire gist of what I want to know?

Long-term tolerance of carbohydrates (cross-double blind placebo) would somewhat satisfy my thirst for proof?

I’m not really into testing these days, already lost my millions in glucose and ketone strips my first year or so but that’s interesting. We talking a (real) rise or just a noticeable one that’s not to noticeable. If it’s a night and day difference I may grab one of each and some refills to see that one!

It REALLY does! That’s half the trap! I always catch crap when I tell a grass fed die hard (I’ll admit it’s better for you all day long) that taste wise grass fed can’t touch trash fed meat.

(Bunny) #10

Medical personnel state something like: “…it is hard to bring down the high glucose when person eats non-grass fed meats or processed animal proteins…” (paraphrased) or something to that affect? But is that with carbohydrates?

(Ron) #11

Bunny,
Are you trying to tell me that now that I have been eating Keto for the last 2 years, my muscle composition is now made up of different substances than it was 2 years ago?
I’m going to have a hard time with that one. The only think I can see happening is that the organs that run my body are not getting flooded with more negative toxins that they have to struggle to remove to keep functioning properly. That’s my take anyways.
Afraid I’m good with grain finished beef as well.
If your just saying that grass fed elevates sugar levels less than grain fed, I still have to question that. I was t2d and have always monitored my meals. I eat a lot of wild elk steaks and have store bought beef steaks for variety. (grain finished) I have not seen a difference in my insulin response between the 2 meat sources when the protein levels match. The only difference is that the elk is leaner meat so it takes a larger beef steak to reach the same protein levels. This is a plus for the grain fed beef as I get to enjoy a little bigger steak.

(Bunny) #12

Maybe intra-myo-cellular (intra-muscular) and subcutaneous adipose tissue are comprised more of polyunsaturated fats (omega 6 lipids) in a person eating processed meats rather than grass fed saturated fats or eating only processed animal proteins compared to eating carbohydrates that is going to yield more blood serum saturated fats rather than polyunsaturated fats from eating mostly soy, corn fed livestock being stored as polyunsaturated lipids in fat cells.

If what I’m writing above is hard to understand, what I’m trying to convey is; what that animal is eating e.g. like soy and corn or what have you, is no different than eating it directly?

And to make it even simpler to understand; I could sit here and eat corn and soy and still be ketogenic granted I know how to do it? (don’t eat so much of it? don’t eat so often?) If the Okinawans can do it, why can’t I? They live longer than any people in the world and are extremely athletic and eat very little meat. Starchy foods are the main staple of the diet?

(Ken) #13

Interesting discussion considering that it’s based on one fairly obscure UC Davis study that showed only mariginal ((10%) differences of lipid profiles between grass vs. grain fed beef. This is more agenda driven instead of actual Science.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #14

I certainly eat some stuff with carbs, most especially vegetables, the occasional fruit, my Keto bread, etc. But I do believe that the beef, chicken, and fish that I eat, has ZERO carbs, unless I add it to it during prepping and cooking. And even if you had some kind of serious test equipment that showed that grass fed beef only had .003 gm’s of carbs per oz, while cr@p fed beef had .04 gm’s per oz, I think those kinds of differences would be completely inconsequential.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #15

:slight_smile: lol

Every time I hear mention of Spam, I flash back on this true story. So way back in the late 50’s, Nat Geo had sent a team of researchers and scientists to the Amazon Rain forest to make contact with one of the last remaining native tribes. Of course one the best ways to show somebody that you are not a danger, and okay to deal with, is to give them food, right ? So they started giving these people a bunch of their excess rations. One thing that they carried a lot of, was Spam, since it was canned, and didn’t need refrigeration. As it tuned out, that was the natives favorite thing that the researchers gave them.

Later, one of the translators figured out that the reason they liked Spam so much, in their own words, was that “it had the taste of human flesh”. And since these people still practiced cannibalism (mostly of their enemies… but they might have sacrificed a baby every now and then for something special… not sure how all that works) that was a big thing for them.

Ummmm, I was never a huge fan of Spam “before” I read that article. But now, well, Spam, no thank you :wink:

(Ken) #16

Another interesting Off Topic subject. It has long been asserted that the real reasons some religions prohibit eating pork is because it tastes so similar to human flesh. So, it was really designed to prevent Cannibalism.

One anecdote is that when John Huston was filming"The African Queen" on location, one day the police came and took away the hunter who had been supplying the film camp with meat. He had been providing them with “Long Pig”.

(Bunny) #17

…and also the type of fat the animal is producing from soy and corn rather than grass?

Is soy or corn really that bad?

(Bunny) #18

Pork does have the consistency of human flesh but if you were eating a human being you would definitely want to cure the meat with celery type salt or keep it alive as long as possible by packing it with salt as you eat it as I seen in a old B movie from the 80’s…lol I think it was ‘Island of the Cannibals’ or something like that.

You guys are gettingmore and more out there. Is being pent up getting to you?
HUMAN FLESH? HONESTLY? :rofl:
Pork meat can carry certain worms that can be transmitted to humans. Thats why.

(Archie Peters) #20

Interesting that you use ‘?’ in place of ‘.’