August-Palooza!

(Elmo) #161

:heart: That is downright beautiful. And after so long, and so much association with the medical community.

(Troy) #162

For me, b4 mostly carnivore and close to zc
I was pretty lactose intolerant While on keto
Symptoms…bloating and occasionally some stops to the porcelain
Just sayin :man_shrugging:t2:

NOW…I have re introduced dairy, cheese I mean
I was always ok w butter
Tested out different cheese
Parmesan, bleu , Gouda, Feta, cheddars, mixed Cheese etc…

RESULTS ;
I’m all good so far🙂
No real lactose-ish symptoms

OTHER observations :
I really crave cheese now!!
A lot …
I eat way more calories and still not gaining weight
My protein Intake is way up
I’m not worried at all
Not really satiated Though

SO…next
I’m going to shift or up my fat intake👍
See how I am w satiated
Then go from there

This is fun😄
Love getting to know my body
Changing up and experimenting

Back on SAD
I would just load up on carbs, alcohol and or candy
:grimacing:

Yes, absolutely up your fat intake. If one wants to eat more and more cheese alot of times it is related to the fact your fat intake might not be high enough to satisfy you. So good move on that one.

Also, cheese may be mildly addictive due to its protein casein, which your body breaks down into casomorphins. These compounds attach to dopamine receptors in your brain, possibly triggering cravings for similar foods.

So many find cheese one of those addictive type foods one wants to nibble alot etc. and if we just up fat intake that could handle that bigger want of cheese.

It’s cheese! I know I love my cheese LOL but luckily I do eat big fat so I have to say my addiction to it is very mild so I just use it when I eat a cheeseburger now. I used to eat a few chunks of cheddar as a snacky type thing but I have stopped doing that. Meat/seafood first, dairy is my side item now, I don’t rely on it ‘as food’ anymore and that helped me watch that dairy intake.

I love your attitude~! and it is super fun to get to learn what your body is asking and how to shift foods around to give it what it needs. I tell ya once ‘balanced’ on what your body is requiring while healing thru your healthy eating, knowing what you ‘need’ seems so easy. I wake up and know if I want fatty meats or leaner situations like seafood/chicken etc. I just instinctively know and I love that feeling now.

Changing up and experimenting and listening is a great way forward for ya and hope you do well with results!!

PaaaaLoooza!! August is whittling away slowly and hope our Aug. challenge is treating everyone well!

I am feelilng wonderful.
Holding tight zc and just working my meals as my body asks.
All good on that front :slight_smile:

Chatting with my zc groups, who are very hardcore, I mentioned I feel ‘reset’ and the long termers posted that yea…many times in that 3-4 year timeline people feel a deeper balance internally. Like that healing has kicked into high gear and it was interesting to read that and hmmm, am I a zc statistic now on that one? HA I have no idea but if long term zc vets said they experienced the same, and alot of zc people mention this change around this many years on plan…then hey, I am doing very well LOL It is great to get confirmation of changes from people who been there, done that!

food was
6 oz beef tenderloin
5 slices taylor ham
1 chicken breast
1 tin of sardines

this is not alot of food. I need better food than this to hold me LOL but not super hungry yesterday…but at late night I got hungry so today I am eating a heck of alot more later today. ribeye…oh yea!

Got a ribeye for later and I think will pair up with shrimp if I have any left in the freezer. My supply is dwindling and I need a good buy one get one free sale to stock back up.

We might be a small zc group here but we are darn mighty!!!

(Kellyn ) #165

I was the same on the SAD diet. The last two days I have had cheddar and swiss cheese. So far no side effects from the cheese. I’m going to give it another day, if no ill effects then I will put some cheeses back in my diet. Next week I will attempt eggs. Starting with egg yolk for a few days and then trying the whole egg.

I agree, this is fun and I am so grateful to be getting to know my body and what makes me feel good.

I am greatly distressed this morning, my peeps. Every morning, I go out and check for eggs from my “girls”, and check on my turkeys. I have a pet turkey named Ethel, who watches over all the chickens and sounds her alarm when there are hawks nearby. She is at least 6 years old, and always squawks and greets me when I come out. She didn’t come out this morning. So, I hiked through the pen around the cow and calf, and still didn’t find her. She is too big to fly, and waddles like a chubby duck- but she always squawks. No idea where my guard-turkey is! WHaaaaaa!

I did gather 17 eggs this morning - which is new record for these ladies. =)

Had a lovely carnivore day yesteday. NO cashew episodes.
Ate one and half massive sirloin steaks. Went OMAD, and just ate that and some coffee. Feeling great.

Gotta go to work soon. Threw a 7 pound brisket in the oven for dinner tonight. =) YUM. Have a great day!!!

now that sounds delish and a boatload of it to feast on!!

So sorry about your turkey, you find that sucker yet?

You are rocking ZC so well SB!!

:notes: happy happy happy

Got 3/4 lb. drop on the scale. That means for Aug. Palooza I am down 2.75…darn near 3 lbs. A big record lately for me LOL

Remember I said I felt a ‘health reset’ back in another thread and I felt a deep down internal healthy flip for myself…hard to describe…but it has to coincide with this better weight loss I am getting right now.

It his a massive zc zen for sure and in truth I am super stoked to see what more years brings me on this plan! Not one time was I ever excited to ‘diet, limit my food intake’ and tweak every darn thing in my life about food just to lose a lb…HAHA I am tho excited about zc every single day and it is no muss, no fuss :heart_eyes:

Last night my kid got some candy Twizzlers opened and took some and walked…yea a teen right…so I come in behind later and grab the bag to close it up and store it away and the cherry smell. omg the cherry smell was SO good and NO I sure didn’t eat any, no way I would eat that crap :crazy_face:,. but the smell made me think of all the foods I have no eaten in 3.5 years. It was like I couldn’t remember what cherry tasted like and then I thought, wow what does this take like, what did that taste like and ya know it didn’t bother me one bit. I had no care in the world for what I have given up for the wonderful I have received on zero carb.
But smells trigger so much ya know…just got me thinking is all.

I have to pick a day and go thru jeans and shorts. I got some smaller sizes in the closet so I will have to try on some and pick new smaller ones to wear now. What I wear is getting baggy now, which is always a good thing :slight_smile: Luckily thru my stages of lose and gain I kept a few jeans and shorts cause I knew I never wanted to buy those again so I will do a fashion show kinda from my own closet HAHA Will see how that goes.

food yesterday was

1 lb. ribeyes steak
8 taylor ham slices
1/2 lb. cheeseburger patty

Have to hit freezer and pull out another ribeye for later and tonight, thinking chicken or shrimp, but darn if my mind ain’t on that fancy big old brisket SB is making :wink:, find home, steal brisket :sunny: LOL

off to get the day moving, be zc great today!

(Rebecca ) #170

Did Ethel come home??

Nope, no Ethel. :frowning: No idea where she waddled off to! I’m working until 430, so when I get home, I’ll take a look around and see if she wandered into the cow’s domain. I am aware that this sounds incredibly weird, but I miss my pet turkey! She’s such a great protective momma. Anyways…

Had an Aeropress coffee for breakfast w my iron Complex. Ground beef w a little cheese for lunch. Black coffee. Crazy day at work…makes the shift go by FAST. HATE wearing these blasted masks ALL FREAKING DAY! Developing grooves on my cheekbones, and the backs of my eyes are raw from the loops rubbing constantly. Grrrr.
And while I’m griping…
Why the hell would they name a virus after a perfectly good beer!!!

And another thing… its allergy season, right?
So how do I know if I’m experiencing symptoms of the virus, or if I just need to pop a Claritin???
Losing Ethel put me in a frumpy mood. Sorry, my peeps. Just venting.
I’ll behave now. Sb

vent away, I get ya!!

losing your guard turkey is like losing a friend in that the worst thing is when ya walk your acres you find feathers! omg I know this big time. I hope she ‘found a new home’ and that is all we can hope LOL

Allergies for me is sinus. It is in the ‘head’ ya know. Not lungs, not tummy, not joints but always narrows down to head wonky, eyes blurry thru weeping, sinus clogged and that up the neck pain us sinus peeps know and allergies aggreviate, what was I doing with him bushhogging or mowing and I got that weed effefct up my nose and I just ‘know’ cause if a low pressure storm from comes in, my sinus goes wonkyf or sure and I am in love with my sinus drugs to relieve pressuer for sure LOL

For me zc did not help at all. I ‘think’ I am effected less in a very small way but my zc ways ain’t no cure and I live with it and deal. Drugs OTC are now my friend on that one HAHA

Well, we still did not find Ethel. All I can figure is she wandered out of the acre+pen when the cow broke out (twice now). My fear is that a coyote got her, or, she got lost and hasn’t eaten or had water. =(

Had an interesting day at work today. Felt like I ran a marathon, but came home and did another one. Had a couple friends over for dinner/Bible study. They are actually still here hanging out with my hubby. We had the brisket- got a little tough on the outside. Hubby tinkered with the oven after I told him not to. He didn’t hear me when I told him not to touch the dial. He thought I had put the meat in last night, not this morning, so he turned it off. Then, he realized a couple hours later that I DID put it in this morning, so to make up for the 2 hours lost cooking time- he cranked it to 500! LOL!. Then, he turned it down. It would’ve been damn near perfection if he’d just left it alone, but oh well. It is what it is. Roasted a few tatoes for hubby and the guys, along with some yellow beans and some sauteed summer squash. I wasn’t really too hungry- just ate couple bits of the nice fatty part. There is a ton of meat leftover- so I’ll get some more tomorrow. Think Imma gonna phase out even those little bits of cheese now, too. My skin is feeling quite itchy, and that’s all I can figure the issue is. So, meat, eggs, butter…repeat. =)
Going to nod off for the night. Got a 9 hour shift tommorrow. That’ll be fun! toodles my peeps!

you are a power house SB!! Sorry your guard turkey wandered away…just instead of thinking the worst, she joined a turkey flock, is queen on the roost and has alot of new boyfriends :slight_smile: I always had favs in my goats, cattle and horses. When something happens it stinks :frowning:

Ahhh, that is funny your hubby cranked it up and your brisket got cooked wrong. Smart to dump that bit of cheese and see how you feel…like a week or 2 and if you feel way better, add it back a bit and then ya know if it truly is effecting you.

rock on!!

:notes::heart_eyes:

another 1/2 lb. drop…puts me at like 3.25 lbs. dropped for August.
This is wonderful. I tell ya my body feeling super healthy inside and I think it is now in tune to give up some lbs. and I say, keep on going!! :crazy_face: I will take any and all off the scale and all thru this I feel so darn good…eating a ton, not eating when not hungry. I just live live live and live great while I change to more healthy…hey sounds good to me.

Today I got a nice beef tenderloin steak and I am gonna use up a 1/2 bag of crab legs I have…like nothing but need to eat them few up and not waste them. I hate wasting food anymore. Dinner meal I think a few chicken breasts and probably a tin of sardines. That has me covered.

Making tacos for family tonight…might eat 1/2 cup or so of taco meat but that taco spice is not my friend anymore. I used to be able to eat it easily, now that taco spice puts my tummy into burn mode…but I might push it and taste some again. why not? live daringly :wink: All it takes is a little to see if I still can’t eat it and one day I will realize to never eat it again, but right now I still like taco spice taste, but it don’t like me LOL will experiment a tad on me…I don’t care :slight_smile:

So Aug. is about 1/2 way over and we are all hanging in there with zc and it is treating us all well from what I am reading on the board.

Soldier on!! ZC is the bomb!!

Scotch fillet steak, sausage and egg for dinner at 6pm.

Omelette with 2 cheeses, bacon and 3 eggs at 12 noon.

Another winter storm due over night. Wood fire is cosy.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #178

Out of hospital since yesterday. So Carni day two. But I can’t eat big. I have to eat many teeny things in big windows… So I’ve been just boiling eggs and tinned tuna. I can’t do much. Look how much more sane I sound now. And I’m testing to see if I can go a comment without a smiley. My fingers are trembling cos I feel the impulse. So fun test. I feel like PRAWNS…and weirdly crab!!! And pork chops. See I didn’t mention fruit. ( whoops just did… AND almost used a smiley. ( again)

now we are in the hot seat and you are sitting by a nice cosy fire!!

good menu and hope you are doing great!!

SO HAPPY FOR YOU B!!
yea, just eat little if that is all you can do. never push it, just do what you think is right and eat softer type lighter food as you can. So glad you are doing so much better!!! here is an emoji for ya: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

good Palooza morning :raised_hands:

ZC is going on track and I am feeling fine and all is good in zc land for me. Hope everyone is stellar!!

Got a ribeye for later and for tonight, probably just chicken.
Need to find a good shrimp sale. None around but my freezer is shrimp empty :grimacing: I rely on shrimp so some store best put the suckers on sale so I can load up!