August-Palooza!

for me I lost 50 already…I am now dumping my last 20-25 I want gone…you know my super vanity lbs LOL But a final loss of like 70 would be fab for me cause at 5’8 I do very well in the 165/170 range for me…you know, I am happy at that weight and feel like it is fine for me. I don’t do supermodel wishes anymore at my age LOL

Don’t worry about not losing. You ain’t stalling, you are healing right now. Absolute biggest thing is your body will drop some lbs. as you dump all carbs for water weight and give up a bit more, but in the end, if you don’t lose fast it is because your body is taking all that fuel and good nutrition protein and fat and healing your insides. ALL things that are happening to you now…with the wrist being better, the eczema improving and all that…THAT IS what your food is doing for you right now…internal healing and while it is doing just that…the scale might not budge too much cause the body ‘will balance/heal/fix’ what it needs in its own pathway. Your ‘fat cells’ to be dumped might not be on that list just yet for your body to tackle just yet.

and that is key on zero carb. Just hold on and don’t go off plan. Eat well and all you need for your body to heal and if not hungry, don’t eat, your body will tell you all it wants when it wants it so just listen close and you got it whipped.

Your body will tackle weight loss…but first it heals and balances hormones and all that (very personal stuff to each of us so the ‘when does weight loss’ come into play for all of us is a different timeline.

and also you are fat adapting, you are ketone adapting, you are adapting with dumping toxins and your body is dealing with that also.

ALL things you don’t see in full truths ya know…can’t measure that healing on a scale or get that tangible proof…but your weight loss is coming cause your real proof is you are healing already…so more good is coming!!

You could dump lbs so fast and be one of those…you could loss some lbs and just stall out and think why why why but in the end, you hold zc you might wake up, hit the scale 2-3 months later and drop like 5-6 lbs and you think…WTH? and that is a signal your body healing is catching up to its best and is gonna tackle some weight loss for you.

Dairy usually does ‘effect’ weight loss for most…but thing is if you eat a tiny bit…you know, a little on a burger or something like that the effect should not be huge at all. Some ‘hound down’ dairy like it is meat and it ain’t LOL plus if you have any type of ‘allergy/sensitivity’ to it then it can inflame your body more and make your healing longer ya know.

add back little dairy. see how you feel. if you feel fab just keep a little if you desire it to make a meal a tad more of what you desire, or if you add it back and ‘feel off’ in any way, dump it. It is a very personal road with dairy for each of us.

I tell ya those .4s add up faster than you will ever know it. I lose like 1/2 every 2-3 weeks and over the last months I am dropping like 1-2 lbs per month…of course all the time eating ALL I want and feeling wonderful, so my lbs. are coming off, just slow.

You hold strong KP!! ZC will give you what you need, you just have to eat the food and enjoy life while doing it and wait to heal and adapt and when you get to that level of ‘new changes’ that come to you on zc you will be amazed at how great you feel, and truly, weight loss will be one of those benefits!!

hope some of that helps :wink:

(Kellyn ) #142

I love this! Thank you so much. I don’t have any plans to eat plants anymore. I love the healing that has already taken place. I think I will try next week to add some cheese to my burgers and then see if I have any reactions. I don’t plan on just eating cheese or dairy, but just using as a compliment to my meat. Thank you for taking the time to respond to me, it is greatly appreciated. :heart:

KP you are tackling zc just as it needs to happen. Eat and eat darn well and as you heal up internally, you get noticeable changes…all good ones :slight_smile: so you hold tight like you are gonna do.

hardest and I mean the hardest point blank thing for my mind to accept was on zc you heal first and this takes time. We all can starve and manipulate our weight and lose lbs. but as we do that we don’t truly heal internally as much as zc will give you and heck most times we are hungry and not getting the great nutrition we need, zc gives us just that.

all the long term veterans said to me, Keep the Faith cause I was like, when does the weight come off just like you are asking and I was like, whatta mean I gotta wait LOL but in the end we all walk our own personal path, and yes the weight loss happened for me and it will for you…and so many other over the top great results from zc.

(Edith) #144

Dairy could have been contributing to your eczema. Dairy gives me painful itchy bumps on my scalp and crusty ears.

(Kellyn ) #145

I will see if it flares up next week. If so, then I will just keep dairy out of my diet. Thanks for your imput.

It’s different for me. I ate way more fat and probably more protein on high-carb. The root of causes are the carbs. If I eat much carbs, I can’t help but eat tons of fat and protein to balance things out. It’s still an extremely strong urge, I eat some sugar and I MUST eat something fatty afterwards even if I am already perfectly full and more will cause slight problems. I usually eat fatty items but if not, this happens.
But if I keep the carbs super low for my first meal and focus on protein and fat, yeah, I have what you wrote. It was so surreal when I tried carnivore. My always present fancying sweets (craving is a too strong word, I almost never had those on keto) abruptly stopped. I don’t want them without eating some significant amount of carbs first. The same for peanuts. My addiction disappeared when carbs weren’t present. Sometimes day 1 and 2 were different but that’s it.
Carbs always had a huge role in my life. I behave drastically differently “without them”. Tiny doesn’t matter. If I ignore them, the other things fall into place. I never eat little protein or little fat anyway, carbs are the key.

Taste changes are very individual. My taste barely changed. I just feel many things way sweeter. My mind or tastebuds or how I can say, that feels the taste like before but I don’t desire them now, it’s very odd to me. It’s a bit like some very good chestnut dessert. I dislike chestnut in desserts, never could stand it. But I do feel if a chestnut dessert is delicious. It’s kind of bad to me but I can comprehend its goodness. Okay, that is even more surreal than “tasty but I so don’t want it”.
The worst is when I LOVE something, I just hate the sugar part and that is so very much there. I am a bit torn then but well, I can just get some similarly tasty but perfect food instead. I learned ages ago that I don’t need to eat everything tasty just because they are tasty and exist somewhere. I can relate to some people who can’t give up something because they love it. And what. Keep loving it, nothing is wrong with that, they don’t need to eat it as well… Or is it just me who can do that? I doubt it.
It’s different when it’s in front of us, that’s how I broke my vegetarianism very early and 3 days after the neighbors who kept pigs gifted us some awesome sausages… :smiley: No regrets there. I still was an ovo-lacto vegetarian in the next 8 years. If I had an access to such pork, I never would have been that, I guess. Or if I met salmon earlier… I was seriously into salmon for a while and I don’t know why I ate it so rarely during that time… Maybe a good Japanese restaurant was too expensive for me even then considering I was quite happy with my normal food and I disliked eating in a restaurant often anyway. Great thing now and then but I preferred my own food normally.
So I have the same with meat. If I don’t need to eat it, I can ignore it for a long time. Now things changed, my nutrition would be messed up without meat, I need it to some extent. But it’s tasty and I manage to get some from farms, it’s a bit problematic now though… I still don’t feel a desire for much and I probably don’t need much, I can have eggs and some diary too, we will see what ratios will work.
Maybe I shouldn’t eat “too much” meat for now as it’s extremely satiating and I fear I would undereat every day. Maybe not, I have skills at eating much even in extreme circumstances if I want it… But let’s worry about things when they become relevant.

normal cause eating sugar has no nutrition so after we eat junky, even if belly is full, our bodies are signaling for ‘omygosh give me nutrition, we have to eat real food, I need nutrients’ and we never are truly full eating sugar. ever.

but if we start our day with protein and good fats then we find our bodies do not crave, desire, scream bloody murder for real nutrition, so we can function in normalcy vs the sugar highs that wreck our bodies.

more meat and protein we eat and ditch carbs, in the end the body changes and starts to ask for less protein/fat cause heck it is nourished.

just a normal cycle of life if ya ask me :slight_smile:

I don’t think you would undereat because even if your body is satisfied on lower intake of food, at some point your body will ask for more if it needs it and as long as you eat when it asks you are in good shape.

It can’t be nutrition. If I eat nothing, that has even less nutrition and I am still fine. It’s because of the sugar, I need to balance it out.
But it doesn’t happen all the time, interestingly. Some fruits (sorry :)) satiate me for a little while… It’s about texture or acidity as soft, not sour ones are way better.
And it can be a nutritious plant, the carbs still drive me to eat more fat, usually. Much lean protein can stop me from that but I rarely eat like that. But certain items immediately trigger fat eating. Now I remember it’s not only carbs, it’s sweets. It’s so odd, I ate lots of sweets all my time, I had to continue it on keto for reasons… I had a decades long habit to finish my meal with some sweets. Maybe I mentioned it already, probably I thought this super strong habit will need huge efforts to break, years on low-carb and later keto clearly did nothing to it. Carnivore totally broke it on day one, well, what sweets would I eat anyway but I am creative and my definition of “sweets” is interesting, I could do it… But I feel zero desire. It’s fine and dandy, lack of carbs results in zero sweets fancying, understandable. But I went off. My desires came back in a weakened state… But whenever I eat dessert, it doesn’t matter if it’s sweet or has a significant amount of carbs, I have to eat some fatty protein (preferably meat) afterwards. The usual dessert at the end, it just can’t work, it feels off.
By the way, I stopped eating chocolate even on my off days. It’s one of my super rare taste changes. Chocolate is totally meh now. I ate it a few times and no fun. Not even the most luxurious and somewhat carby version I invented lately. It didn’t even cross my mind in the last days. It’s not even useful for satiation or nutrients so I probably would eat it if I was seriously undereating and it would be the only thing I could eat but I see a very slim chance for that.
So, yay. I was a huge chocolate fan. I could mitigate the problem with keto but it’s better now. I can’t imagine not eating chocolate, it’s so surreal but I do that at the moment… :slight_smile:

Yeah, I guess my body wouldn’t truly undereat, it always liked its food and complained if it didn’t get it but it did it very seriously so it’s super odd I ate so little in the last week compared to my normal behavior and I basically ate whenever I was able to, without any hunger or other real urge. Sometimes I feel some very slight weakness, maybe there is some other reason but I eat right away. And get satiated with almost nothing, it’s really odd. Oh well, I will track and try not to get paranoid for a while. i really feel fine but it’s still odd. My poor body is tricked with very low-carb :smiley: Even the OMAD effect could last only for 3 days and I ate more afterwards… Ketosis did nothing, fat-adaptation did little to my intake…

This sugar makes me hungry is an individual thing, some people eat a bunch of sugar and gets perfectly satiated for long. They must work in some mysterious ways. I don’t just read this in articles, people really seem to have fruit as a meal.
Alvaro is different as fruits makes him super hungry right away. But if there is a bunch of grains too, it can be oat or white rice? Nice satiation for many hours, energy for exercise and physical work. My body immediately gets super hungry from the same food in the same amounts. I need lots of calories (maybe not anymore) but carbs simply don’t count. Usually. In the past, they counted as negative, I could write a formula about it, it was inavoidable. And fat doesn’t matter if I didn’t get my protein. And added fat or cream doesn’t matter.
But some people says coffee with fat (cream is fat too) satiates them. Well, people say that to black coffee, water, vegetables and fruit too… And I start to feel I am from a different species or something.

Sure, it’s logical that eating wrong food and getting too little nutrients may result in wanting to eat more, I don’t say a healthy body can feel satiated with a bunch of sugar and not much more for long but for a single meal, it seems, it works for some. People eat mostly bread sandwiches as a meal! Yeah, as a kid, I had overly carby meals sometimes but they had to be very big and very fatty to have some effect. There is a reason I massively overate, had fat as my most important fuel and loved my protein sources. My case was so very obvious, in retrospect… I had no idea what was wrong, I had the normal HCHF diet as most people (with very little meat but it had not much effect anyway). If it’s a common problem, why had I figure out for myself? Why was it not known that many people don’t function okay on it? I was super lucky to have the right genes to keep me from becoming very obese rather quickly.
Well even if I belong to the minority, there are so much insane myths and advice :frowning: It’s so sad. At least we have internet and knowledge about interesting diets. And we can reach low-carb eventually anyway if we read the signs. I didn’t, apparently.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #149

You all open-minded gems on here.:heart:

Ahhh, now when I say this don’t freak cause this IS A ZC PLAN type comment, but there are no nutritious plants and take what I said as ‘my zc plan’ information and the reason I have been doing zero carb. Plant toxins are real in every single plant matter we ingest and one must agree with this real science, adopt it into their ‘zc mind’ so for me, every plant eaten robs the body of something, while ‘giving’ a bit also…and of course all plant matter contains carbs which is sugar.

This is one of those zc core values we hold. And I get if you don’t agree, but a zc person sees no nutrition in plant matter ingested, we see only trouble that robs the body. But this is a zc thing and one has to be invested in a zc plan and learn all the values of why we do what we do on this plan and I get you ain’t all in zc yet so I get we will differ on this part. Which is fine :wink:

I get this and agree, it does work for some. It works for those who’s bodies are not insulin resistant and who’s medical issues are not a big issue in their lives (you know, how autoimmune situations and more like that) but also they are people who are not metabolically and internally out of balance and alot of times when younger we are immortal til the body flips on us thru whatever issues we do have in life as we age.

I think you are so right in just saying just a ‘smart lower carb’ menu in our lives, no matter our ages etc. would be a monster plus to every single person on the planet :slight_smile: Most don’t know the signs or give them too much value until they get out of control. After all, we are all only human LOL

WOW was I hungry yesterday! I went ravenous mode and I ate so well.

food was:

1 lb. ribeye steak with 1/4 stick of butter for frying and sopping
8 link sausage

1 lb. ribeye steak with 1/4 stick of butter for frying and sopping
5 slices Taylor ham
6 slices bacon
1 tin of sardines

I was so full and so happy. I had to eat all that other stuff under my second 1 lb. ribeye for the day in order to get full. And boy was I full after that. I super salted my steaks and the amt of water I drank thru the day was insanity LOL I downed bottle after bottle so fast.

AND TA-DA…BEAUTY OF FRIGGIN’ ZERO CARB HERE!

Dropped 1/2 a lb., hitting a new low on the scale again. Slow but sure and see, I ate big food and dropped weight. That is why many zc people comment when they eat more, they have a tendency to drop some lbs.

Woke up feeling so still full and satisfied with my food yesterday.
Not hungry, but I am sure around my 11-1 range I will want something, got me some thin cut pork chops to hound down. Dinner, hmm, not sure, maybe just chicken since right now that 2 lbs. of ribeye steak I enjoyed so much is holding me so well. I feel nourished, alive, vibrant, and super healthy at this point! Can’t ask for more than that.

So my Palooza month is going stellar for me and I hope everyone else is doing well in this month’s challenge!!

ZC all the way baby LOL

RE: The autoimmune thing…Storytime. My dear, dear friend - a retired nurse and wife to my ortho, has suffered with rheumatoid arthritis for (almost) ever. She told me of all the things her doctors had told her not to eat- things that would make her feel worse. Various meats and eggs were among them. She was upset about all the weight she’d gained, too.
Then, she ran into me one day at work after she hadn’t seen me in awhile, and about died. She was shocked at the weight loss (55 pounds at the time), and made me detail for her all that I was doing. By then, I was full carnivore, except for my coffee. So, she defied ALL of her doctors, went carnivore- lost 22 pounds (and is still losing), and has never felt better! Her hubby did the same, and has lost even more. She is very short with a tiny frame, and is a slow loser, but is determined to see this through. Its frustrating to be told one thing by “medical professionals” and find out the opposite is true. I’m just happy for her and her hubby!

As for moi, meat, meat, a cup of coffee, more meat. beef and chicken all day yesterday. Then, I had an emotional eating frenzy, and chowed a bunch of cashews. Ugh. Not sure, but I think those are loaded with insoluable oxalates. Imma gonna ache for a few days now.
Today, an Aeropress coffee. And, probably some eggs before I go to work. Got a 10-630 shift, a truck to unload, a 90 min drive (one way) to take my kid back to work, then another 90 min drive home. Then, ONE day off.

I did an Aeropress decaf last night- and the boiling water exploded out of the press, all over my left foot. Very sore today. Going to try and cope with that all day on my feet. Mind over matter…mind over matter.

Refrigerator news…Let me preface this by stating that I am a firm believer in shopping local when I can, supporting local businesses, etc. And, I have stayed true to my local appliance dealer for 18 years. SO. I had to prod them constantly to get me a commercial invoice (computer generated) for the fridge. In fact, I never got it. They sent it directly to LG. Then, the Samsung that my dealer ordered was supposed to be in the warehouse on July 28. It didn’t happen. Samsung said it was in transit and would be here last week. Then, when they checked for me yesterday, they said middle to end of SEPTEMBER. At that point, I lost it. Just told the dealer to cancel it, and forget the whole thing. My family will not wait that long. I found 2 online at Home Depot, hubby and I decided which one, and ordered it last night over the phone with the local Home Depot- which is still 120 miles away. They have it in stock, and it will be here next week. Boom. Done. Did I want a 5 star fridge? Yep. At this point, will I settle for 4.5 stars? Damn right I will. No refund yet from LG, but working on it.

Doing my stretches, reps, push ups and getting stronger every day. My knees hips and lower back are bothering me some- so I need to erase the taste for nuts, and hope that does it.

@Fangs … You rock this WOE so well. My hero. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah, there are things in plants and my body wonderfully handles them all. Except the truly toxic ones, of course. There are tons of nutrients in plants too, it can’t be avoided, life works that way. Okay, cellulose rich parts aren’t nutritious to us humans but many parts are. Healthy long vegan lives show it’s possible to live only on plants so there must be every kinds of nutrients there (except B12 as far as I know). It’s merely not for everyone, surely not for me. But I really doubt any edible plants harm me just because they are plants (I mean everything but the carbs here), maybe peanuts, they feel odd. Carbs are my problem especially sugars. The source doesn’t really matter. Pears or cream? Both have sugars I can’t handle in big amounts.
And there is animal stuff without much nutritional value. It doesn’t mean it’s bad, fat is good for energy, just as sugar for the ones who can handle that well. Fat has fatty acids too but we need very little of it so the rest is just energy to me.

Your kind of zc person sees the world with your eyes. Humans are different, even among hardcore longer term zerocarbers. The chosen woe don’t make everyone the same. People have different sensitivity too. I am sure some zerocarbers thrive on some other woe too, they don’t do this because they HAVE TO and plants truly poison them, they just love the food and maybe have some other reasons. I know I have nothing to do with zc but I know people are different and we never should think the same of a big group because this will be wrong. ZC is the most restrictive normal, sustainable woe so there is less variety among zerocarbers diet wise (it’s still quite significant) but reasons, attitude, thinking, beliefs and other things? There are huge differences, humans are like this. And there are multiple good reasons to eat like this.

I can’t know but I for one am sure I am metabolically healthy. But high-carb still isn’t for me. I can survive on it but it’s not optimal and it’s some born thing, probably. Lots of diet things aren’t learned but we are born that way. I am a natural intermittent faster, for example. Even as a small kid, eating all day, starting with a breakfast was very unpleasant for me. I didn’t eat every 2 or 6 hours as a baby either, no, I slept the whole night 8 months after conception and never stopped doing that, no force can wake me to eat at night. It must be something I was born with. I don’t know if I was born to like high-fat diets but what else? High-carb isn’t for me but HCLF must be pure hell. But many people love it. They must be different. If something is totally not for us, we can’t get used to it, our body will keep complaining (or mind if it’s not a physical thing but the two are connected anyway). So the happy, thriving high-carbers must have some other kind of bodies… The unhappy ones may be similar but with the wrong style of high-carb, who knows? I don’t have a good style of high- or moderate-carb. Carbs are bad for me in bigger amounts, no matter what. Just like breakfast makes me hungry, no matter what. It can be all fat and protein, it still does it (maybe not right away but very soon so I end up hunger at the time when I would be super satiated without breakfast).

Yeah, experience of young ones are less reliable. One can handle bad things for long without problems but they come later. That’s why I know I can’t use Alvaro as a good example yet. When he will be healthy and active after 100 years on a HCHF woe, I will use him as an example that such things are possible :smiley: But it’s only N=1. Even seriously harmful woe isn’t a guarantee someone will get sick. Churchill was famous having a bad lifestyle and good health. Some genes are just as great.
My genes are probably very good but I won’t play with it and anyway, even without sickness, a bad woe is a burden to my poor body. But mine is choosy anyway and I find this very lucky. It helps me to find a better woe and stick to it. I have no doubt it can handle so much but we don’t want that. It wants an easier life and I want to be a good host. And I want to die as young as Churchill anyway… :smiley: I go for a super long, healthy life. With muscles, well, I really should do something about that already…

But whatever is the individual case (except when someone feels great on their woe but a misstep and they feel awful, I understand they stay there… there are probably other extreme cases), I consider trying out low-carb a very good idea. Some good style that suits the person and quitting if it gets bad (hard to say what it means, of course… a sick one should be more patient if there is hope the new woe will help), I mean, not forcing when the body screams it’s not for it (some people are very good at forcing themselves to a bad woe, it’s so sad to me)… I am very sure it would be an eye-opener for many. It surely was for me. I wanted to lose fat and make my woe even better but I had no idea high-carb is bad for me at all. I saw I overeat, quite seriously but I stayed there as it was the norm, I liked it…
It’s not just the woe, of course. It would be soooooooooo beneficial to try out unusual things… People tend to follow their usual habits, doing what their parents, friends, doctors, women’s magazines say… And they may never go even near the path they would be happier and healthier on. It’s just often not obvious when we don’t try it :frowning: It’s so lucky I had this idea to change my woe, it was almost an accident… Afterwards I focused on it, my body got more sensitive and I went into the right direction, super slowly, though but the first big jump, low-carb was pretty nice for me during that time. I still had so much baggage but still, it was a better woe and I continued to change. Sometimes not, sometimes the change is quick… But I still have several decades and I feel I am close now. Carnivore is the super quick change thing in my life. A few carni days? Huge changes and I never will be the same. I don’t even get it. I barely play with it (well my underlaying attitude is kinda serious… but due to my circumstances and some leftover baggage, it doesn’t seem really serious yet) and it changes my life. Whoa.

(Polly) #154

I think you have been more than patient. I have been boiling with frustration for you during the ongoing fridge drama which they seem determined to stretch out over the full twenty three episodes like some kind of cheap soap opera.

I hope your new fridge is lovely and that your refund materialises very soon. In this jurisdiction you could issue proceedings in the small claims court. I suspect there may be something similar available to you in your locality.

I get this loud and clear LOL
was this all because of your fridge nightmare? Cause if so I get it, I would be thru the roof at this point over all this mess and like you, bow out time. I woulda bailed earlier, you are an angel for trying so hard for so long :sunny:

I think nuts are one of the worst offenders out there for bad body aches and more. Loaded with hard core low level toxins most of them and truly----nuts when you go off them----we really taste the ‘bitter toxin taste’ in them when we chow down on a few again. So you did it, you will be ok, that was not a monster off plan binge in any way, ya did good, you know it, registered it, know it ain’t good for you, but in the end, you accept/acknowledge and you moved forward fast. That is all we can do.

My first year of hardcore zc was just like that. I would just ‘freak’ over whatever…like a buildup was coming and I knew it…and would jump on 1/2 a bag of potatoe chips or eat some other crap I had in the house for the kid.

but like you, real fast you taste, know it stinks, and move on :slight_smile: Heck we are all human, normal crap as we change our eating for long term lifestyle change.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED your story about your friend and what she was told and how carnivore has helped her improve immensely. Toxins in plants can work SO against so many of us…drop the plants and a whole new life of health comes to all!! You tell her to keep up the zc and let the magic happen. As we heal we lose more lbs…hey look at me, 3.5 years zero carb and I am finally losing decent again, cause my body hit a new healthy reset and I know it, so the body is giving up some tiny amt of weight and hitting new lows all the while eating so darn good without a thought about any ‘damn dieting’ ya know…:slight_smile:

Great posts SB, enjoy reading all about ya and I appreciate your sharing so much with the group, you are one cool cookie…errr, prime beef ya are!! HAHA

(Kellyn ) #156

So I decided to test dairy out yesterday. I had some cheese on my burgers. What should I be looking for as reactions to dairy and how long does it take for reactions to occur?

For me, there are two things dairy can irritate…one is coughing, and tickly/scratchy throat. The other is skin related - and this is true for most of my kids as well… massive acne breakouts for them; itchy, flakey red spots for me.

The harder and more aged the cheese, the less reactions I have. I still use a little heavy cream from time to time, and maybe a little mozz or prov cheese too - but, usually - the only dairy thing I stay with is butter- which doesn’t seem to bother any of us.

only reason you got a ‘healthy vegan’ is they supp the fat content high in their food intake and focus on alot of plant protein material also. without protein and fat ya die so a ‘healthy vegan’ puts together enough ‘extra protein and fat’ to make life just that, decent. A ‘poor eating’ vegan suffers immensely.

Source does matter cause peas carry a low level toxic load in them where cream does not, but being cream (dairy) one has to know their level of sensitivity to dairy tho LOL Remember now one thing…we have to compare a ‘low carb type eater’ against a ‘zc eater’ and how your peas or cream react in your body will be all about the other foods also eaten on that day ya know. It is hard to make ‘food comparisons’ in any way against a plant eater and a zero carb eater. It can’t work ya know in that the 2 ways the body is healing and changing and value of no plant material matters in those changes. So, again it is impossible to compare on a micro level.

OK I get what you are saying here, but I can say one thing, not MANY and I mean many longer term zero carb people will ever say to you that eating plants is ok. Yea it is ok for others if they do well on some and want it in their lives, but zc people know science shows eating plant matter is not all it is cracked up to be ever…but I sure get what you are saying in that everyone does their own thing. Many walk into zc for many reasons, but in the end, all zc people put value on why plant matter should be dumped for good. It is ok for large groups of people to think alike about true science on an eating plan they are handling. Not a darn thing wrong with just that, cause a zc person, whatever reasons brought them here, follow our zc science also when they learn thru the process of what zc is all about.

well that is why I like chatting with you. your changes are eye opening to you and you are following your path as you need. All our needs are never right in front of our faces at a perfect time in life LOL, we all wish they were ya know but in the end all we can do is follow our best way. You are doing just this. Making it all work for you and learning thru it all.

One thing you have to remember is zc people on plan experience life changes a non-zc person can never understand. And while it is fab for us, ya’ll don’t get it and never will. I am not saying this as a taunting manner in any way but one has to walk the walk to understand, sometimes it is that simple. Then one believes and gets the whole value the zc plan provides.

yea soft cheese is never good on zc for most of us. it carries a heavier lactose sugar load and is never the same as aged cheeses. Any soft cheese most zc people avoid like the plague. Normal zc info on cheeses LOL I think, I had info on this before but heck if I can remember, it was histamine load in fresh soft cheese vs. aged? With dairy one plays the sensitivity game easily for most of us :slight_smile:

LOL! I was a litigation paralegal for years, and know my way around as far as legal proceedings go. And, I certainly did contemplate that option. There is currently a class action lawsuit that has been filed against LG for the models containing the defective linear compressor. Thought about joining the suit. However, after having worked on a class action suit in the 90’s, I can attest to the long, drawn out process - longer than most cases. But, this whole Covid-flu thing has enabled an imperfect, time consuming mechanism like the courts to become even more imperfect and beyond time consuming. It has been the excuse LG has relied upon since June- in their failed attempts to get the ball rolling. It’s now the most fashionable excuse for every inadequacy and failure in the customer service chain that I’ve ever witnessed. My dealer, their warehouse, Samsung, etc. Home Depot seems to be the only one who can get the job done. Now, whether that is completely true or not remains yet to be seen. August 14th is when the new fridge should arrive at my local store. Later in the week is when it should be delivered here, depending on my work schedule. I’m told that HD will even move my old fridge to another spot for me. So, I could end up with a glorified shelving unit in my basement. =) Wouldn’t that be special?!

I know, Soap Opera, or horror flick. Not sure at this point. If I were not on a primarily carnivore diet, I’m sure my fuse would’ve been lit long ago - and I would’ve denigrated LG on my business’s Instagram account- so my customers would understand why I’ve not been posting and selling since June. Once I actually get my refund, and food spoilage reimbursement … the instagram lambasting may ensue. If prompted to explain my lack of activity, I’m not going to lie.

I have to really credit the whole carnivore WOE with the new found power of being patient. This is really, truly a new thing for me. I was way more reactive and short tempered before this. My little cashew episode was probably a remnant of the old me reactions that re-emerged while sorting through this next to last chapter of the fridge saga. It’ll take time to rid myself of that habit, me thinks. But, at least I am now conscious of it- and can try harder to stop it next time.

And hey, if any of you wanna try a new way of making coffee…regular or decaf…the AeroPress is freaking amazing! One of my boys gave me one for my birthday this year, and is just FREAKING AMAZING!!! Very easy to use - just don’t use water that is at a rolling boil. Found out why- the hard way. Tastes like a French Press, but there is a filter, and its really fast and easy to clean up.

Yous all have a great and blessed day, now. SB