August-Palooza!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #121

@Shinita Thanks Sweetie​:heart:. I know…I agree bloody Sugar. I don’t want it. Oh well. Yeah meat and eggs sounds good…Oh I’m lazy. SO LAZY!!! I feel like a peice of rotton banana skin that’s been laying on a road…:banana:. Then some careless not looking where they are going person doesn’t look where they are going and slips on me…squashes me more and THEY fall on their arse. That hurts on a road…Ever fell on concrete or a road…OWWWW. I fell once and cut my knee very bad…blood everywhere… skinned hands and elbows. I was 5 so I cried my little eyes out.:sob::upside_down_face:. But I’ve fallen a LOT…have I ever slipped on a banana??:thinking:. Maybe once…can’t remember. But I fall upstairs. I trip over my own feet.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. And how did this turn into talk of a banana and slipping on it…who knows.:see_no_evil:. You know how my mind works…it just " goes" places. If I wasn’t sick and was physically able…I would LOVE to go on a fun water slide. ( Like bananas they are slippery, we got a theme going here.:wink:…Now I see bananas on waterslides Lord HELP me, it’s ALL the drugs fault :upside_down_face:). Winter be DAMNED. But I would love it at night…in the rain…under a full moon. And no idiots around to pee in the chlorine water. OMG they totally do. And once I accidently swallowed public pool water.:scream:. Oh I must stop. :woman_playing_water_polo::swimming_woman:…it looks like she’s about to bop him on the head…i wouldn’t swim towards her. Sorry. I’ll shut up.:see_no_evil:

@Bubby1 … You little sweetie pie! If I could, I’d crawl through the computer and give you a great big Momma bear hug! And I bring you some nice bone broth, too. Those silly, unwise docs should be feeding you bone broth to help heal your stomach! Geez! You rant and ramble all you need…That’s what we’re here for. And FWIW…When I was 15, I slipped on a smashed apple that was in the hallway at my high school. In front of half the football team. Tore my ACL and chipped my kneecap. Was on crutches for 4+ mos. Then, while awaiting my knee surgery, I slipped again getting out of a car, and smashed the other knee even worse. Passed out on the ground. Spent another 4+mos in a wheelchair and crutches. Lord knows how long I was in PT. Had three more operations after that. Got a date to prom with one of the football players, though. He was on crutches the same time I was…we used to race down the halls on our crutches. Not exactly Sixteen Candles kind of romance, but the same sort of OMG humor. LOL! I “go places” too - without any drugs! Ain’t THAT scary! HAHAHA!!!
You just concentrate on feeling better, and I’ll pray for your healing, okay? Hugs and lovies!!! SB

oh my gosh everyone has had big troubles in their lives. Luckily for me I only had neck surgery about 20 yrs ago when I herniated something and my arm went totally dead. But that surgery fixed me totally…that Doc was something :slight_smile:

I hope everyone gets better and heals up and finds some good control over all their troubles. I know, it is horrible to live in pain and not feel well. Hubby has bad back from falling out of a deer stand long long ago and of course over 35 years of farming has taken him down, not one doubt about that.

B I hope you get the tummy healed and you go home and start a very good easy eating plan and start to heal that tummy. You can’t push much anymore on it. I think you are flirting with something bad but luckily you got med help soon and you are on the mend.

holding my low on the scale.
feel good.
just letting zc give me all the good things in life and it is :sunny:

nothing planned today. kinda do nothing. Will eat well, got a ribeye and chicken for today with a burger probably. My usual type food.

working on my pool. stupid water won’t clear. hit pool store 2 times and water testing and alot of money on chems and the stupid thing still ain’t clearing well…lady said at least a week on filtering 24/7 and it is only 4 days but geez. I should never have left it a week on vacay with filter off…my stupid filter timer died and I just turned it off and left and thought…oh so easy to get it open and under control when I return…well darn it ain’t LOL oh well…it is what it is.

other than that just doing zc, loving life, having an easy day and just chilling thru it all. still waiting on school to see what goes down for kid?
again all of it is what it is and will bob/weave/adapt thru all of the crazy out there.

And, not a peep from ANYONE about a new fridge. This paperwork with the sticker thing was supposed to be in the mail already. My dealer hasn’t called to let me know if my new fridge is in yet. I had to call them, only to find out its not at their warehouse yet. Was supposed to be there July 28.

Today, my one day off, I am now working because someone isn’t coming in again. Pretty sure I’ll end up with OT now. Had a colossal rainstorm last night- the lightening was breathtaking. 3.51.inches of rain in less than 90 mins. Not as bad as the Father’s Day flood in 2018, but, still. There’s gonna be some flooding. We had flash flood warnings all over the area last night. The road people are still working on repairing bridges and culverts from the last flood, too! Can’t imagine what sort of mess they’re going to find this morning! That’ll be fun! (not.)

Heard my manager on the phone scheduling interviews, so hopefully, we can get some more people to fill in some of these shifts. Gotta stretch my back, hip and leg out a bit, now. Not sure what I did to create this pain, but dang! It woke me up last night, and right when I was falling back asleep, Rufus farted. (She sleeps on the floor right next to me.) After that, she wandered over and slept next to hubby.

I have a carnivorous day all planned - scrambled eggs with corned beef, then my meatsagna for linner at work. (“Linner” is an invention from dear, deceased brother. It is the meal between lunchtime and dinnertime.)

My son made it to Wisconsin, and bought his Nissan 350Z. Its an older one, but has one of the best engines ever made. He took me for a ride, and DANG! That thing rides like a very small, very fast tank. I’ve ridden in and driven ALOT of sports cars. That one is INSANE!!! So, I told him, “Sonnybear - your Momma might just need to borrow your car once in a while.” LOL!

ohmygosh too funny!!! So glad he got what he wanted and will enjoy the hound out of that!

and darn, sorry you are working on your day off :frowning: Girl you got super powers!!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #127

@SecondBreakfast Awwwww Thankyou.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I want and ramble even when I’m NOT sick though.:upside_down_face:. You slipped on a Damn Apple…Oh My infront of the football team??:scream:. Holy pineapple :pineapple:( I keep bringing up fruit on a CARNI thread :see_no_evil:).that would HURT!!! Chipped kneecap.:sob: At 9 I fell at school and broke my ankle. Smashed my growth plate. Things could have gone very wrong…cos the doctor said that if it didn’t heal properly my left leg would stay the length of a 9 year olds and the other grow with the rest of me.:scream:. And I’m a idiot cos it broke because my pal and I were running to this huge tree to talk about periods.:see_no_evil:. A kid smashed into me and knocked me over and my ankle hit an iron grate. I had to be carried to the sickbay and they tried to call my mum but she wasn’t home and no mobile… it was 1998.:upside_down_face:. And this was a small country town so the hospital was useless. They made me lay in the stupid sickbay ALL day and tried to make me walk.:scream:. Then I had to get carried to a school bus and it took half an hour to get home cos I lived in the middle of nowhere. I didn’t get hospital until the next day. :heart:. THEN…You smashed the other knee even worse?? GOD!!!:sob:. You poor thing. Operations are awful. ( I’m glad I don’t get an operation this time). You wake up in pain. Horrible.:roll_eyes:. Gee…i am SO sorry to everyone… this is meant to be a fun positive place about food. And idiot me brings awful stuff and ruins it. No seriously I’m really sorry.:heart:. But crutches racing sounds hillarious. When not well or injured…humor helps.:wink:. You go places without any drugs!!:joy_cat:. Thankyou again, your really sweet.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: @Fangs you had neck surgery…owww. And owww to your hubby too. I would talk more about it but I don’t wanna be a negative nelly and bring everyone down…cos I’m usually a clown…even when I fall on the ground…never will I frown… now I’m in a gown!!!:clown_face:…OMG…I am a FOOL. :scream:. I flirted with something bad?? Nope… I had a bloody relationship with it. And had to break up.:wink:. But thank you.:heart: ribeye and chicken sounds yummy and burgers… You have a pool?? Awwww your damn lucky :heart_eyes:. Your a very positive soul. Chillax in summer… that’s the spirit. By the pool… in the pool. I used to pretend I was a mermaid in the creek as a kid. Then a big fat leech would attach itself to my toe and suck my blood and ( shudders). You can feel them dangling off you as you swim.:scream:. I don’t know how people went LEECH picking in the Victorian times and the 12th century and stuff.:scream:. But they simply HAD to. And the pay was crap…oh my…Here I go again.:see_no_evil:. @SecondBreakfast A new fridge…Mine is shocking…A tiny little bar fridge and it’s damn ugly. But I can’t be bothered changing it cos I wanna move at some stage. Apparently it’s raining here…and i LOVE rain. And trust it to bloody rain while I’m stuck in here.:roll_eyes::cloud_with_rain:. Good thing for good old YouTube…Rain sounds.:wink:. Flash floods…We got…no I won’t bring up horror AGAIN!!!:upside_down_face:. I read all your message and sorry you are working on your day off. I’m a very lazy girl right now. So gonna go. I just wrote a crazy novel on here.:roll_eyes:. It’s amazing I can type on drugs. Stuff is moving but I’m a tad dizzy… gonna take my squashed banana brain and rest a bit. Banana bed.:joy_cat::banana:. Imagine a big yellow banana shaped bed and the peel is like a blanket thing. But NOPE…wrong shape…what a strange position to sleep.you would probably fall out… Ok ok ok sorry. I’ll go.:see_no_evil: at least I managed not to swear this time.:scream:.

Hi guys, I doubt I am more sane now than Amy :smiley: Super hot weather and I was in the car too much and I can’t stand hotness…

Well I got less meat than I wanted but I have some pork chops (I want ribs one day but it was too expensive for the bony thing and too little so the package/meat ratio is too bad. and pork chops are good anyway), we bake it tomorrow. I pretty much don’t want to look at plants anymore. I pressure canned a lot of pears, the Williams is almost over, the other tree oh so not but that can wait, the Williams spoil in hours and rot from the inside, tricky things. Those tiny insects (I don’t know their English name) gets super excited and spawn from nowhere. but the blackberry season is over, now we need to put them into order, those thorny and overly enthusiastic lil nightmares… But I basically like my garden. I just don’t know how I will survive grape season, it was easy until this year, we had very little. But Alvaro will handle them, I hope.

Oh my, all the fruits Amy and me bring here… But they are my reality and I am learning to handle them. Alvaro is on holiday, cooking vegetable dishes all the time (mixed with meat)… How could I eat zucchini in the past? Little watery thing. Alvaro uses 3-4kg for 1kg fish in a fish curry and it’s only one vegetable though the main one… But even he thinks it’s an option to skip the zucchini one day ;). Now we got a big one from his Mom’s garden. Well, it’s their business. He roasts pork chop too so I will be fine.
When he is at home, he is the cook. But I can make some eggs for myself any time. We still have a wee bit of smoked pork, he didn’t eat it, good boy, well I am selfish and he is thriving on his diet anyway. We need to get more but I need to wake up super early for that. And not tomorrow, I don’t leave my somewhat cool house after the traumatic hotness outside. And it’s only 34 Celsius, not 40.

Accidents? I only had one bigger, with my motorbike. Only a wrist surgery. I am a lucky and healthy one. I spent about 3 days in hospital, I was amazed I was able to stay there for that long (well I obviously went for very long walks with my blood bottle, it’s me)… They wanted to keep me there for longer, no idea why but I left. And no plastered arm for me, that’s not hedonistic and outdated, barbaric, inelegant method anyway.

I really try to behave better next time, I blame the hotness, Amy, my chaotic mind, Fangs being all sweet and tolerant… :smiley:

I feel not that horrible but I need to come back. I already missed carni but I really had unfortunate circumstances.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #129

Back again cos I’m freaking bored as hell. I get to go home in two days!!!:grinning:. And freaking ( I say the real F work SO much but I’m TRYING to be a good girl so today I use freaking instead :wink:). So I’m on a CARNI thread and carbed up to the freaking damn bloody sky.150 grams of carbs and probably MORE cos of jelly.16 grams of protein per shake. Strawberry flavour :strawberry: and chocolate … I can’t find the chocolate smiley so :crab:…Whatever. sugar is 60 grams for three of the damn things. And I’m not having the crap when I go home. But I don’t argue with them, it could go very very wrong. I don’t wanna go to the mental health ward…probably should.:wink: Kidding…You leave MORE crazy then when you go in. Oh my GOD!!! Sorry.:scream:. Get the fentanyl patch and endone once home. I’m a bloody druggie.:see_no_evil:. Hey I won’t complain. @Shinita You doubt you are more sane that me?? You poor girl.:upside_down_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. No but hot weather is crap for me too as you know. Poor you.:pensive: Once I was too antisocial and didn’t wanna go with my family to someone’s house…I was 13 and in cairns and wearing a JACKET…Now THAT is insane. I sat in the car for hours…when inside apparently there was air conditioning.:scream:. So I’ve had MANY many sitting in hot car incidents.:scream:. And stupid little Dickhead me…it was either out of laziness or being antisocial or both.and I’m a very stubborn fool as you know. So I could sit in the car for HOURS and refuse to leave. Once I was very hot in summer…Got home ( I was 17 and living at Aunts) the door was locked. So out of boredom I layed on the ground outside the door and slept.:wink:. Poor Aunty Dany. She kept finding me in weird places… Once she opened the door at 2am and I was passed out drunk on the welcome mat…Then I went inside and told her I think I’m a ghost and started crying.:see_no_evil::ghost:. Well I’m no ghost cos she stared in complex horror or maybe I am and anyone who can see me is psychic…you KNOW I’m kidding around being a clown.:clown_face:…He looks insane.:scream:. All that just from your hot car thing. You got pork chops…oh they are SO good :heart_eyes:. Did you know people put apple sauce on them.:apple:…Fruit again.:roll_eyes:. But I can enjoy them without the applesauce too. I’m glad you have that. Ribs I don’t think I’ve ever had.:scream: What are they like?? Too expensive?? Damn they are expensive here too. They must be damn good. I should eat liver…I hated it as a kid…but it’s iron and I’m SO damn low in iron. I’m 32 soon…i should grow up and just eat it.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. William the pear says " buggar off you damn insects " :pear: :speech_balloon: :cricket:. Locusts…grasshoppers… that spawned from hell to torture poor William and his brother’s and sisters. Pears have feelings too!! :sob: ( I really am an idiot).:heart: See you bring fruits here cos it’s your reality…i bring fruits here cos I make them up in my head.:see_no_evil:. Well I’m not even in ketosis but I come here cos it’s a fun distraction and this thread is like a nest of niceness.:bird:. There’s no nest smiley. :turkey:…Mmmmmm Roast Turkey. Yum…“Sorry turkey dude but I wanna eat ya.” Oh I MISS turkey. The alive ones are hillarious creatures…the noises they make.:joy_cat:. Imagine if you had a turkey, a goose ( big one) AND a guinea fowl all at once.:scream:. The noises…the mayham. The goose would probably chase you. I’ve been chased by a massive doe bird looking goose thing at the zoo. I got banned from the zoo.:upside_down_face:. I can’t help myself. I sometimes would go into their pens or paddocks. Once I went over the fence and snuck in with the prswalski horses at the zoo when I was 11. Didn’t get caught. They have Mohawk manes.:heart_eyes:. Once Harry and I got chased by an emu at the zoo. :joy_cat:. We ran like idiots laughing. Fish Curry…YUM!!! :heart_eyes:. Though I’m not allowed anything spicey. Still sounds damn yummy.:heart: Alvaro is the head chef at the moment… Well I’m gonna need help once I’m home so Tiffany will have to be mine. I will be moving around slowly like a sloth. ( hell I do that anyway, just with Angela growing on me…Algie I meant. Angela won’t grow on me.:woman:. Cos I don’t know her.:wink:. ) but yeah I’m glad you have a little bit of smoked pork and that was nice of him not to eat it.:heart:. Omg once I was at a bbq. I was 23. Good good delicious meat…chops…sausages…onions too.:cut_of_meat:🧅…ok and bread and all that jazz. I was hungry and I was REALLY enjoying this big big meal.:heart_eyes:. There was a drunk woman I didn’t know beside me. She just started eating my damn meat off my plate and the bits she didn’t want she threw in the grass.:scream:. I was SO shocked and complexed and there was no MORE damn meat. I am too nice and didn’t say anything…but I was pissed OFF!!! How rude…and she had her own. But what I did eat was delicious. Mmmmmmn bbq chops.:heart_eyes:. 34 Celsius is HOT!!! In summer here it got to 46C. I felt like I was on a Spit fire in Mordor.:scream:. I know about your accident and owww. I’m glad it’s all better and healed properly.:heart: You’ll try to behave next time?? I told myself this too about myself…I failed.:sob::see_no_evil:. I’ve been a rambling idiot. My mind is always chaotic.:upside_down_face:. And now…i simply MUST shut up.:heart:

People doesn’t use applesauce here. At least it’s not a big thing and my relatives never did it. People are into sour cherry with some cooked meat here. Horrible. I prefer some roast to begin with and I never could stand most fruits with meat. Some sour apple or quince isn’t that bad but I was a pickles girl :slight_smile: Chicken drumsticks and pickles. And roasted potatoes as I was a big fan as a kid… I actually liked the chiken the least from the three, how much things changed… Alvaro’s Mom made chicken… And potato puree and I had cucumbers, not normal raw, not pickled, a traditional fermented kind… Cucumbers still hold some of my interest but they aren’t needed. Potatoes are tasty but not for me anymore. And the chicken was too little for me for long, I got hungry again.
When we will have more chicken, I will make an experiment to see how they satiate me. I still think they are super good at it but I need a lot and some fattier stuff as well.
Silly girl. If I don’t want to be around people, I can just walk in shadowed parts until it’s over (or stay at home), definitely not boiling in the car! 13 isn’t so young, I frequently went to the nearby city all by myself at that age.
No, ribs aren’t actually expensive (and it’s pork, only badly kept industrial chicken is cheaper than that. or bonier rabbit parts on sale) but they costed more than chops and they even have a lot of bones, making the meat way more expensive. It just didn’t worth it, I like chops enough. But I have some great memories about fatty ribs in the oven. I soooo loved that even as a kid when I was mostly into plants and eggs and dairy.
When I buy beef, ribs are the cheapest normal part (bones and offal cost less) and people avoid them because they are fatty or something. For chicken, bonier parts costs less, again. I don’t know why they decided on that pricing…
But I will get ribs one day. It would be awesome if the beef farm would have pork again… Surely ribs would be cheap there, I could buy a lot not 500g in a huge plastic package, at least it’s polypropylene and I can throw it out selectively and hoping something will happen with it and not going into garbage again because they can’t handle it, just use the selective collecting to shape people’s attitude, that may be useful for the future… IDK, just heard stories.
I probably can’t handle 2 big plastic garbage at the same time, one once in a blue moon bothers me enough (well it’s whenever I go near that place but I couldn’t buy meat from the farm since months) and well, the chop was twice as big… We added some extra fat tissue, hopefully that helps. But the fatty ribs are still better for me. I always go for the fattiest parts as they are the tastiest for me.

You probably can get iron from something else. No wonder you have problems, you starved for months. You probably should supplement it for now and eat a diet with enough iron in it. I can’t help much as I never had iron problems. I surely got plenty as a vegetarian :smiley: How? Well, I ate much and different things and maybe my need isn’t as much as Cronometer thinks. It’s surely not that regarding a few things, it always consider my diet seriously lacking and I don’t care if I feel good. I know it’s complicated and people with perfect levels get the same sometimes.
I could never eat something I don’t desire for nutrients only. That’s why I take magnesium sometimes, I can’t eat enough from it on keto without a significant amount of meat. I prefer the significant amount of meat, of course but it can’t always happen. But I will eat fish in the future in the very worst case, I bought a lot now :slight_smile: Not tasty but not bad and if I prepare it well, it IS good. Magic. I prefer meat that is awesome to begin with and I just roast/fry it with some salt and it will be bursting with flavors but what can I do?

Liver is a sad topic. The farm doesn’t sell it. I buy some morally bad chicken liver very rarely but I would love more. Maybe we buy some emu liver in the autumn… But that’s a one time thing, it’s far away, we just go through that place to our annual cemetery+aunt visiting tour.

No. Williams get attached by those tiny things inside and huge wasps outside. Grasshoppers do nothing like that.

I told you already that it’s very easy to get away without much cooking. Carnivore is good like that. You can cook so many meals at once, people do that with meat. And boiled eggs. At least we do, 30-50 eggs at once but 50 is a stretch, I don’t particularly like boiled eggs but they are good ingredient for more complex dishes but those aren’t for you now, poor soul. 30 is a nice cute number, we eat them in some days but they should last very long in the shell. Fried eggs are nicer and takes barely any work. And bacon suits them well. Or sausages. Frying some tender meat is easy too. Alvaro put the not too small pork chop into the oven with some extra fat and only salt, later added water… No need to overcomplicate things. You surely would eat the 1.1kg piece for long. And it could have been 2kg even for this minioven. Roasted meat doesn’t spoil easily but I have no experiences about that.

I behaved, I wrote about meat a lot. Mmmm, meat. It was way too long :frowning: Okay, chicken yesterday, that was nice but pork is something else! Substantial like a ruminant but soft like a chicken :smiley: And has the best flavors. And in good cases, lots of fat.

Carni day #1 for me. We canned pears today again, it’s more than enough from fruit for me. I don’t even want to see them for a few days. Well I will but Alvaro will clean and cut and can them. And eat them during the winter. I run out of places to put the jars…

(Keto Koala 🐨) #131

@Fangs Sorry I crashed your thread with madness.:heart:

LOL, hey I have been known to have alot of days with pure madness in them :wink: You don’t have anything to say sorry for my friend…you chat out all ya need. It is good to get stuff off your chest…especially when you are stuck in a med situation like you are but good thing is when you get released you need a healthy menu to get better so you will be fine thru all this I am sure.

The fruit talk is gonna make my head spin tho :crazy_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

even tho I can easily deal with off food chat cause I was never a fruit person, so any fruit talk kinda means nothing to me but honest to goodness I read all the fruit chat and my teeth ache…pure darn sugar…bad bad bad :rofl:

yesterday was

6 oz beef tenderloin steak
1 chicken breast
1/3 lb. cheeseburger patty

That is not enough food for me at all but I just wasn’t that hungry.
I had steak and chicken and later I was not that hungry and thought I better do at least a small burger…but then around 9-10 at night I was starving. I stalked the kitchen ya know…but heck I don’t wanna eat that late. Just is too much for me too late so I just said screw it and will eat this morning.

Woke up not too hungry but give it a few hours and I am gonna woof down a 1 lb. ribeye steak and might just pair that up with shrimp. I need a big solid good meal…alot of meat and a side dish of shrimp will do it.
Next meal will decide when hungry later after that.

Just cruising along on zc and doing wonderful.
Waiting for another little 1/2 lb to come off the scale…it will, just gotta wait. My farm shorts are starting to truly get super loose and now my capri jeans I wear out and about are getting loose, which is all a good thing, but then I have to get a handle on some new clothes that fit…ugh, I hate dealing with clothes truly. Never a big fashion gal, jeans and flannel for me :wink: When I quit my corporate jobs back in the day and became a farmer I ditched the high heels, best day of my life LOL

Getting ready to sign off and all of the sudden a few tins of sardines popped into my head…hmmm, maybe a sardine day for me!

(Rebecca ) #134

Amen to that! At nearly 59, I finally feel like I’ve broken away!!!

Rebj, you ain’t whistling Dixie on that one!! Very happy for you :slight_smile: Were are creatures of massive habit, we just have to pick the right ones LOL but no one was telling me that! yea, years to deprogram but once there, you can’t go back which is what is so fab about zc. Once learned how evil sugar is to the body, combine that with chemical junk added in foods nowadays, our environmental issues and more each of us face, zc fixed me thru the food choices definitely. I got off that freakin’ rollercoaster and not looking back.

Super happy you are in that zone also! It does feel wonderful. Hey me and you are the same, I am nearly 59 – Dec – and I always said about 5 years ago when I started this and realized the crazy of it all on ‘so easy to change’ and darn it ain’t, at least for me it wasn’t LOL…by 60 I want control of me and food choices. I got it. I broke away just like you!!

I am sorry, @Fangs :slight_smile: Fruits are lovely to me and I never had problems with eating all the fruit I wanted on keto (mostly banana and raspberries and sour cherries) as I don’t have a problem with super tiny amounts. Vegetables were the problem. Touching fried cauliflower was 10 times as much carbs as eating the desired amount of frozen banana with chocolate. Now I can eat half a pickle but it’s good I basically avoid vegetables.

I had my very satisfying, pleasant lunch. I never could relate to people who went off plan (be it keto or some other low-carb woe), ate a ton of carbs and couldn’t come back. I ate moderate carbs but it was so wrong and it feels soooooooooooooo good to be free from them again :slight_smile: For a while, at least but I am better at it now even if I am surrounded with things I still have fondness in my heart about.
(Probably not correct English but I have my limits and don’t want to research for long.)

AND MEAT! Pork, at that, my number one food love! :smiley: And not the super salty cured kind but proper one! Sorry, I wrote it wrong, we usually buy chops but it’s leg this time. It even has some fat in it, yay. i suppose all pork has a tiny bit but I need much more. Leg still isn’t fatty enough but we used some extra fat and it was somewhat lean but enjoyable this way :slight_smile:

Look, even the wasp (?) couldn’t resist!
roastedporkleg

Gloomy weather but I played with another similar photo a bit so it got near to the original awesomeness. The lack of sunshine is still obvious but we have a cool day! I almost fainted yesterday and I never fainted in my life. Had a few blackouts visually but I stayed conscious. It was horribly hot. Now it’s 10 Celsius degrees better.

It looks so tiny and I can’t afford this much on my best days… Or I can but then I will pay with some meatless days while I like my eggs and don’t need so much protein anyway. It sounds a way better idea to use less at a time. My protein often is a bit high (no problem with it at all, just unnecessarily high) on meatless days and when I add a significant amount of not super fatty meat, well that’s stronger. Fishy days (LEAN meat and not even substantial for lean meat) are pretty intense even when I eat little for me and I didn’t have my Fish Appreciation Day when I simply sit down and get satiated with lean fish (after some eggs).

Oh, I had a very pleasant meal with more than half this much :slight_smile: But I sure could eat this leftover too… How people eat regularly 100g meat a day, I never understood it. Yeah, attitude, taste, lots of carbs with it - but I never was like that. I lived without meat for months but when we had a young rabbit, half of it never looked much at once… But I politely nibbled a tiny bit, barely twice as much as Alvaro, to make it last longer. I tend to skip the first rabbit meal if I can resist, it’s so impossible for me to eat little meat if I have more. I can have a weeeeeeeeeeeee bit for my eggs if times are dire but if I HAVE much meat, it sounds logical to eat much. Not excessively much but well, not 2 slices or 3 drumsticks but enough to satiate me if I add enough fat.
(One day I may try to eat a rabbit. Or at least half of it. Except the breast, that’s just like chicken breast, Alvaro can eat that, he loves that part, I find it barely edible. So half a rabbit, minus the breast plus all the bony parts of the other half :slight_smile: Sounds a plan. It’s a young, small rabbit so it’s not excessive, no matter how I look at it. But I need to add fattier stuff too.)

Supplies wise I am okay even when my pork runs out. Not stellar, of course but after the last weeks, I appreciate what I have (chicken, chicken liver and lots of fish). And I will get smoked pork too, it seems insignificant due to the tiny amounts I use but it isn’t. It helps a lot. And it’s tasty.

I always think I will run out of topics eventually. Well, nope. I can write about meat forever. So I think I should give up that idea.

I so understand. When I was regular old low carb and I ate big carbs I was so miserable. Being free from carb addiction is the most wonderful thing in my life truly…yea I got other great things that are stellar for us, but we ALL must eat ya know…daily LOL and to be free from that constant battle is just awesome!

Your pork pic made my mouth water, I could tuck into all of that in a flash :slight_smile:

High-carb is another thing entirely. I immediate left that behind when I tried low-carb. Yeah, I had the odd crazy days for a long time but they were super rare and always felt the burden and couldn’t continue.
But around 80g net carbs a day was my beloved woe for several years. I felt right there, it was super easy and natural… It’s not anymore but a bit higher is clearly a problem. I don’t even touch high-carb now, not for a day, I am not a masochist and my curiosity has limits. AND… What could I desire so much that I go there with it? A few years before, yep, I still ate watermelon, 1kg is basic and I could do it 3 times a day… Now I don’t even consider the thought of NEVER touching that thing again scary (and I am very bad with “never”). Flavored sugary water, I want nothing with it, it never was my fav, it was merely fun to have solid cold water.
Erm sorry, I try not to write about fruits…
So sugar is out. Starches? IDK, whatever, I don’t care. I know my body may nudge me way below at 80g that it prefers being lower and I have the usual slight problems beyond, I had that ages ago as well but it was less noticeable. But 80g is a very serious limit for my body, it seems. And sugar is worse than starch, not a big surprise. I actually never was fully used to high-carb even during those decades. I just didn’t know it’s not normal. I felt healthy for sure. But as soon as I went below 80g, I could compare and saw/felt high-carb is wrong. I probably never will start dying below 80g, being just a tad dramatic but I am a hedonist, I dislike physical problems, even small ones. And anyway, if my capable human body acts like that (overly dramatic but still, the truth stays, it’s not near ideal for it), my health-consciousness listens to it. Health is my top priority, even above joy. Well they don’t go against each other, in the contrary. Except when not but I am working on that since ages.

Now I want at least keto (my style with my generous carb limit but preferable with a smaller one) even for my off days. We will see. But whatever happens, I train myself quite seriously. It’s not easy for a food loving hedonist to drop things they never did, not even during keto. And I never did keto in the “worst” fruit seasons.
I still think it would be way easier with more meat and I hope September will bring wonderful changes. But I must learn to behave even on off or meatless days. While eating whatever the hell I damn please, obviously. It’s the hedonistic way. I must want the right things :slight_smile: I think I do it well. Since I tried out carnivore, I lost interest in so many carby stuff… And it’s not a loss, it’s a relief.

(Kellyn ) #139

How much weight are you trying to lose, if you don’t mind me asking? I have about 80-90 lbs still to lose. I was only down .4 lbs this week. I was just wondering how long it takes to get down to a healthy weight. I am so grateful already for healing my carpal tunnel and my eczema that I am going to continue zero carb. I am thinking of adding dairy back next week, but wondering if my weight loss has already slowed if the dairy will continue to slow my weight loss.

you are doing extremely well cause all thru the years you learned more and more thru science info about carbs/sugar and all like all of us and at the same time you were experimenting on yourself and knowing where you felt best and what foods were great and which were horrible for you.

It really is a journey over time for each of us to truly ‘find us’ in this new path of changing how we eat…and yea it can take a very long time for many of us too LOL

you are still changing and evolving from every post I read from you :sunny: I think when we truly ‘feel the body’ and ‘food effects’ on us we know where we need to be led, we just have to want that health and it does come at some costs for all of us.

watermelon, oh I loved that one for sure. One of my only true fruits I liked…cantaloupe was ok but never got good ones but on the farm we grew the best watermelons. Also grew the yellow meat melons, they were fab. But in the end, like you said, pure sugar water and useless to the body. You couldn’t get me to eat watermelon now for money HAHA

It is true when one goes more protein and fat heavy, the want of carbs absolutely diminish. Not one untruth about that.

But also as we step away from certain foods, when we do try them again, the taste is off, or it is like, why did I like that? cause in the end the ‘real taste’ of what you are eating comes out…like I loved radishes and would eat them raw and then one day well into low carb I had a few and the bitterness of them, which I liked, was now repulsive. So as we step away from some stuff, we find we never want it back anyway.

It is always nice to say the way we are eating is a relief cause we feel better with the addiction to carbs :slight_smile: My zc plan is my relief also!!