August-Palooza!

I like this S in that you are finding you and what road you want to travel. When one dumps sugar our bodies change SO much it is amazing and even if you are still a very low sugar person who eats great anyway, when we dump it ALL, the effects are truly amazing.

I was a massive pork fan and still am to some degree, it is my 2nd fav after beef. Luckily beef is readily available and ‘makes my body better’ vs. eating pork, but oh yea, pork is still on my hit list.

Eggs for me are like you. Love hate relationship. To my body they are not heavy dense hitters so even eating like a dozen still makes me feel like I never ate anything. Eggs are side dishes to meat or buy omelet when out and about and place has nothing good else to offer. Almost everyone will make me an omelet with bacon in it :slight_smile:

I like you are experimenting on you and seeing which path is best and in life, isn’t that truly all any of us can do? Just always give any big changes fair time to work and see results.

I bet you live in a beautiful majestic type landscape…from what you type and describe it sounds wonderful!! You keep on biking! Keeps one young!

S I don’t remember how old you are…but I think for sure you are alot younger than me, I am 58 now but you got that young twang to your voice I think :slight_smile: just curious LOL

OK I am gonna have to hurt ya now SB! Keto? HAHA OK now if ya say carnivore away or zc away we got ya covered :thinking::crazy_face:

we got a saying on those co-workers down here in the South: Bless their little hearts…and we all know what that means right? :weary:

you said: There is so much to be said for the relaxed sensation I feel on carnivore--------------this is so true and such a big benefit we receive on zero carb. I tell ya I am a whole new person when it comes to ‘handling and coping’ with life drama BS vs. before. It is a new zc zen and clarity of thinking to put everything in our lives in real perspective instead of being in a food drugged coma of mental and physical crazy. I so love this benefit and SO happy you are receiving it also!!

You are rocking in SB and fab post and so glad you are doing so well!

WOW super cool!! You know when inches leave and you know it without the scale dropping a ton, you are losing fat WITHOUT losing muscle mass along with it…monster great perk/benefit of being a zero carber as we all know!!! The way life intends for us to become lean and mean…lose fat, keep the muscle, which is why when we see pics of people side by side, the very low carb person/zc type person is always leaner at the same weight than the ‘fluffy moderate carb eater’ person at that same weight…it is amazing. Experiment away on yourself, but always eat good while doing it :slight_smile: Best we know ourselves in and out and we then find the best of the best for long term success and health!

Congrats for the loss! :smiley:

You should be :slight_smile: I still cling to my coffee, I only managed to cut out sweeteners… I have these things with some items, I stop using them and something in me refuses them even on my craziest off days, anything is game but those. I ordered some erythritol - for me, kind of, not trusting myself at all, I know me, after all… but Alvaro will consume it if I don’t - and doesn’t feel the tiniest urge to open it. Not even when I find the idea of sweets nice. And that’s surprisingly rare (surprising as I was very seriously into sweets for various reasons, I probably ate even more after I went keto). Things change super quickly now. My original keto was way too indulgent and it had the carbs triggering desires… I don’t think sweeteners hurts me or affect me in a significantly negative way but it’s still more sane not to eat them, they aren’t food (not like coffee is… well, sometimes it helps eating food). But it’s the theory, as long as I have any urge to consume the mostly harmless things, I will do that.

I don’t even want to skip dairy and if one wants to take away my precious eggs, they must kill me first but dairy with lactose… That should be the next step. Maybe if I will have more meat, now I just focus on minimizing them.

I had lactose-free days but just a few days, too short. I had longer times too but I ate much more carbs back then… And I know my body dislikes lactose in bigger amounts so the ideal should be zero…
But I like my cream so much… I think I go for minimalization and let my brain work on this, I am not a forceful one… It usually works, I want something and my desires obey. The bigger my want, the quicker. It’s some vague wish right now. But at least I have a small eating window, I don’t have this advantage regarding coffee. That will be tough. But maybe less so if I learn not to get tempted by almost anything? :slight_smile:

(Edith) #43

Okay, @Elizedge, you have thrown down the gauntlet and I shall accept the challenge.

For breakfast, it was an egg wrap wrapped around two scrambled eggs and bacon, plus some extra bacon, and a few pieces of chicken thigh left over from last night’s dinner.

I did have a caffeine free Diet Coke because I hadn’t decided to accept the challenge, yet; but I will not have any more for the rest of the month.

Before I finish signing away my first born child: is seasoning okay for the challenge?

(Kellyn ) #44

I have had eczema on my hands for around five years now. I don’t know why it started. After researching a lot, I found that reducing inflammation could help. I have been following the carnivore thread for awhile since coming back to Keto at the beginning of the year. When I decided to dive into carnivore, I wanted to make it an elimination diet. I cut everything but meat and water. I do plan in a few more weeks to try eggs for a week and see how I respond. Then I will try cheese and see if that effects me. I really want to eat all animal products but I also really want my eczema gone. It is almost fully gone. I have not itched since my first week zero carb. I am on my third week now and the previous blisters are almost gone. I have a few dry patches as well, but they are going away, too. I miss cheese the most. When I do add it back, if I can handle it, I will just use it to compliment my meat instead of just eating cheese as a meal. I also need to lose more weight and will make sure adding the dairy does not stall my weight loss. I have been obese too long and I love meat and am seeing great success thus far.

yea you said it in full truth. dairy if one can handle it is never to be a meal or eat by itself. It is an addition to a meat meal and we watch it cause that is what zc is…fresh meat and seafood. ‘Dairy’ while animal obviously is man made…so we watch it and use it accordingly as each of us react.

You got good thoughts going down KP and I love that. You know your path and rolling thru it all to make it work for you. That is what I did. I found my personal way and that, again, is key for all of us!

Remember zc is not a fast weight loss menu for many but alot of us get good effects if we just hold zc and eat and it is all happening on our own timelines!!! I didn’t lose more for a good year and I ate super well and NOW into year 3 I am ever so slowly losing like 1/2 lb. every 3 weeks? or so and I feel my body is truly in that ‘healed’ mode and giving it up for me and I am thrilled with this little change. Time is key on zc

(Edith) #46

That’s amazing how much your eczema has improved in such a short period of time!

It was you who taught me we can/should be very very open about our side dishes :smiley: Well I would arrive there anyway for sure but I saw interesting combinations from you :smiley:
Egg is a perfect side dish, my default one. Not like I often need a side dish unless I have too little of something. I always was good at eating things all alone if I could. Alas, a kid wanting to eat fatty protein alone, without carbs is probably frowned upon all over the world. Maybe it rarely crossed my mind anyway, I was born into a carb-eating world. I added as much protein and fat to it as I felt necessary but it couldn’t make it good enough. And I loved my carbs too. But I couldn’t eat those alone, usually. Except fruits but they made me hungry so fat and protein followed them… At least no one told me I ate too many fat (I did but had to because of all the carbs) or protein. It could have been way worse.

And I am in a totally LOVING relationship with eggs, it’s quite rare I dislike them. For that, I need to eat too many eggs and especially too many boiled eggs (my least fav egg dish I am still willing to eat. useful, quick, sometimes even desirable but I prefer my eggs differently). I managed to do that last week. But usually it’s quite fine.

Eggs satiate me very well, I wrote already that they were on the top during my vegetarian keto times.
Meat beats it very easily, yeah. Maybe not fish, I don’t know but I never ate a ton of lean fish to try to get satiated. But eggs are pretty good too, I probably would undereat using only meat (probably just temporarily but still). Carbs feel like I ate nothing. Eggs are good. Eggs with meat is probably perfection.

I am 44, I had my birthday on the 25th :slight_smile: I feel less, I never grew up, kept some of my childlike parts. Being a gray, too serious adult isn’t fun. I should be a tad more mature though…

Thank you for these threads. Reading about other people’s experiences make my resolve greater. I admit I am a slave of my habits and whims sometimes (often but there are limits, fortunately) and it’s very annoying (and harmful in other ways) when it clashes with reason and the latter loses. I hate ruining my life with following stupid compulsions and whims and desires. Those bastards can be strong even if I KNOW the alternative isn’t just healthier, it’s more enjoyable. In short, when I keep losing, I feel I am an idiot. It doesn’t make SENSE, I don’t gain anything, I just sacrifice things, where is my inner hedonist to keep me from this? But I am a human being, not someone who uses reason and does the obviously right thing all the time.

Of course, we all must do what we must do. I am very very glad eggs and cheese seem to be fine for me but I truly would make sacrifices if it would be about my health. I am serious about that.

It’s great you have success against your eczema! Hopefully you can add some tiny cheese back :wink: I never could eat it as a big part of a meal myself, it’s just a little extra, usually flavor for my eggs or boring fish (my eggs have great flavor but variety helps. some eggs get the cheesy one).

(Elizabeth ) #49

A pinch or two is fine as is a drop or two of hot sauce, but make sure your seasonings are sugar-free and if you have any nightshade allergies just read the label very carefully if it helps you to maintain the challenge then by all means :slight_smile:

Nope, no alcohol involved. Just a bunch of us teenagers- and only two of them knew what snipe hunting was. I was a 15 year old city girl from Detroit - no clue whatsoever. Almost went over a waterfall in canoe at midnight. Helluva a snipe hunt! LOL!

LOL too funny SB!!

Did some new stretches this morning with the Redefining Strength lady, and I’ma feelin’ it now. Might have stretched things a bit too far. I’ll just have to wait this out. Had some scrambled eggs fresh from the ladies out back, loaded with butter and salt. I love eggs. Hard boiled covered with soft butter and salt; soft boiled and salted, egg salad, omlettes…fried, scrambled, over easy. poached is my all time favorite - with smoked salmon and hollandaise, or just mushed up with some corned beef. You guys might have issues with eggs, but I was deprived as a kid, so I’m making up for it now. LOL!

Took some soup bones out of the chest freezer, so I’ll put those in the slow cooker before I head to work. Took some ground beef out to thaw and make something with. I like meatballs, and also a meat-cheese bake. We shall see. Got the laundry going. collected chicken eggs. Took the kid on multiple errands. Fixed hubby lunch. Going to suck down some death metal coffee because I have a hankering.
Carnivore on, my Peeps!:rofl:

My temporal problem with eggs is still here but I managed to eat 7 for my meal and it was enough. It is a very good idea to wait until I get a bit hungry or feel the need to refuel, I have no problem with eating a decent sized meal now! If I eat at 3pm with Alvaro, it’s often a very tiny meal as I am still satiated at that point, no big problem, I have another later but I prefer not eating tiny meals, those just make me hungry soon afterwards and it feels so wrong to sit down for a few bites when I don’t even need it at all. I did that all the time in the last several months but I changed. For the better. It took time but I feel no compulsion to eat our “family lunch” anymore. I am just sitting there, drinking and chatting but there are other, more useful options as well. It’s nice to have more time then.

So I had an OMAD day today (not counting a few kcals before). My body has some complaints and I suspect it likes my no lactose idea (I didn’t even have much. I am sure I am not this sensitive, it’s just the help of my body to do things in the ideal way).

I miss my smoked pork and I didn’t even run out of it, just almost. But I did run out of my soft, tasty pork ribs, long ago. I have 3 different kinds of smoked pork but those are tiny and I want my ribs… I barely eat a little but it matters to me. I don’t even have fish now. The chicken liver is in serious danger :slight_smile: But tomorrow I make quiche (with bacon). 3rd time in my life? Useful as we both can eat it. And it has cream… sigh I will survive just fine but we have to go to the city in a week so I will get some more meat and no lactose :smiley: As coffee drags cream into my day (not so much in my natural fasting window), I may try to skip it again. I will fail but it will be important training!

So many new goals… :slight_smile:

you lay in a good supply of meat when ya hit the city S!! :wink: a freezer to rely on of some extra is always a great thing to have!!

YIPPEE!!!

I got a full 1 lb. drop…with my little 1/2 before I got a whopping 1.5 lbs down right now. I am thrilled.

Plus I got a body feeling that is stellar, amazing, over the top.

I FEEL PHYSICALLY RESET! I truly feel my body hit an area of total reset in that I just feel ‘healthy’ and I can’t describe or put that finger on it as one thing, it is an overall just amazing feeling and I been doing this for 3 years and STILL THIS is another level of how great zero carb has treated me!

yesterday was:

4 bone in center cut pork chops…omg so good with 1/2 stick of butter for frying and I ate those puppies up big time :slight_smile: haven’t done chops in a while.

1 lb. peel/eat shrimp with small of of homemade alfredo sauce over them

1 tin of sardines
1/3 lb. cheeseburger patty

I eat this fantastic and feel so wonderful you know I am a 1000% believer in eating no carbs! Nothing will drag me back and out of the science and more about why this plan works. The body and mind are proof. But for me now, 3 years in and I got a new feeling and new ‘internal’ change…WOW WOW and what about 2 more years from now, who knows I might do something crazy…hike the world, run for Prez, climb Everest. HAHAHA

I dont’ know but honestly I hit a new me again on this plan. I am so over the top and loving it all.

food today

almost a lb. ribeye steak
1/3 lb cheeseburger

2 lbs. of snow crab legs for dinner time
and maybe pair with 2 tins of sardines

sounds good to me :sunny:

Hope everyone is just doing so well on zc and chat on!..zc people are unique for sure, all in a great way :wink:

one of the biggest crazies thru the years was the pullet eggs…omg SO SMALL and waiting for those hens to age and eggs get bigger…we had tons of small eggs and sold them ‘special’ and charged more for them and people bought the hound out of the young hens ‘little pullet’ eggs. I tell ya marketing is everything with farmer markets HAHA

we had about 400 chickens for egg sales and when we did some replacements and new chickens etc…the amt of small eggs was overwhelming but customers sure wanted them…crazy LOL

Unfortunately, I still didn’t get my mini freezer, I will ask Alvaro’s Mom again, it’s probably some chain reaction and maybe Covid stalled the other transaction? So I only have my small freezer in my fridge but it’s not THAT tiny, it’s just packed with various food and currently 3kg of green peas after the long, almost completely pealess months… Alvaro was enthusiastic but he promised he will cook most of it tomorrow and eat it in a few days… But he usually is fine with having almost no vegetables in the freezer (as I always cook something nice for him), the cooked food and the fruit takes up enough space… But plenty is left for meat if it’s only them and the little cooked food can be eaten :wink: I get space, that’s not such a huge problem. One day I want to try canning meat too, that is an option as well… So no need to worry, I just need to get meat and solve the storage problem.

Our fridge definitely holds other ingredients nowadays… We only have a biggish fridge but not even 2m tall so it’s a bit small for 2 persons, it seems (we cook and rarely go shopping). It’s lucky I keep my 100-250 eggs in the cupboard… But we simply don’t have much space for raw vegetables now. Sometimes I buy too much cheese or pork (only too much considering our storage space, we eat it up just fine), that’s tricky when we need to store 2-3 pots too… But it wasn’t any easier when I ate no meat but lots of vegetables, in the contrary. At least my smoked pork doesn’t spoil but I don’t have a cool dry place to store it so it’s in the fridge.

My next fridge will be bigger, with a bigger freezer. This one is somewhat old and rusty, I often look at modern fridges… So much extra space, it will be superb to have one. But ours still works just fine.

People are a bit weird. Pullet eggs are tiny and tastes just the same, I surely want bigger eggs for my money :wink: Pullet eggs are cheaper here but not when we buy it from a house, all eggs costs the same then. Sometimes they are tiny, sometimes huge (over 70g), 2 yolks aren’t a rarity… But I get normal eggs in average, ~63g ones (52g without the shell). These are the very normal eggs to me, it was the case all my life as not very young hens typically has this size in average, it seems.

I would pay more for eggs from other species… I never even tried quineafowl eggs and they are popular birds here…

Guinea are everywhere here and alot of times a whole flock gets ‘taken out by cars’ on the road…feathers all over. People run flocks on the farms and they get into trouble real fast…coyotes and anything else like big hawks and more…I drive by…see like 18 guinea in a flock and think, thru the months? And so be it…in like 6 months or so there is like 5 left in that flock wondering the road LOL

I tell ya, crazy around here on stuff like that :slight_smile:

Yea ask again on that mini freezer and keep it up as best ya can. A freezer to me is one of the most important life gadgets I own point blank…plus then I have a generator for backup on the farm if any power is gone, I got power for my freezer. To me that is life ya know.

—(as I always cook something nice for him), ------yea me too :slight_smile: :wink: I take care of my other half well also. I hear you on that one :blush:

(Kellyn ) #59

I had some smoked salmon around 10:00 and on my lunch break at 11:00 i had a strip steak. About an hour later I got really nauseous :nauseated_face:. It is slowly going away now (1:25pm) but I am not sure where the nausea came from.

(Edith) #60

I made it through my first day of full carnivore yesterday: a big breakfast and then lots of roast beef for dinner.

Things have been very stressful at our house lately, so I’m probably not eating enough, and I’m not sleeping well. The stress involved a child in her late teens and ailing parents (so I’m not anticipating the stress departing anytime soon.)
I’m trying to use exercise as a way to burn off the excess energy due to the stress.

This morning was another big breakfast: two eggs, pork sausage, and bacon. I have no idea what I’m having for dinner at this point.