August-Palooza!

(Ideom) #21

For a couple of weeks I’ve rotated between meat and eggs around mid-day, then meat and cheese in the evenings. If the first meal goes a little later, then I’m not really hungry later on. I don’t worry about it, and it’s been surprisingly easy. The “satisfaction” factor is BIG, it’s like my brain quickly gave up on eating carbs, even very small amounts.

“Restrictive” really doesn’t feel right. Beef steak, pork, beef roast, chicken, bacon, sausage, hamburgers… Very soon it feels like a long time since I had something, even like the choices, though certainly limited, are more than they need to be.

(Not a cow) #22

Morning all

Just got back from my Dr’s from a meeting with him to review my blood markers. Boy was he ever pissed.

Not with my tests, just with the fact that I told him I was carnivore now. He said what is the matter with your brain! Some doctor eh? He has no idea the correlations between good blood markers and health.

He then proceeded to make me take a cognitive test, and I failed miserably.

Especially on the memory test. He kept wanting me to repeat

bread.pasta.rice.corn.potatoes

All I kept hearing was

burger.bacon.cheese.steak.wings.

He kicked me out of his office, and thank goodness for that cause I was in my eating window. haha

Wow and what a wonderful post. Shorter time on zc and you are feeling great and know good changes are happening to you!! It never matters if no one ‘can see your physically superior healthy body feelings’ right now LOL cause it will come, that day they say, wow you have changed alot and you will just smile and say, yup, and wink at 'em knowing you are one up on them :slight_smile: It all only gets better and better…So happy to hear you are doing so well!!

HI!! Great post to read from you this morning. ZC satisfaction!! It truly calms your body and mind. Your body is super nourished. You aer not fighting cravings. A carnivore falls into a very balanced relaxed feeling about their daily food…all satisfying for sure!! I like what you wrote there!!

The only time I felt restricted on zc is when I started, I felt like I was ‘denied’ so much, but luckily that changed fast cause like you the amt of options to eat animal kingdom and oceans of seafood/fish only is massive actually.

Us meat and seafood hounds, we are in our glory plan :wink: Enjoyed reading your post this morning. ZC rocks!

MOO ya had me laughing cause at first I thought this was a real Drs visit and I thought, omg Moo had to fight his Doc…then as I read it ya had me cracking up!! Cool post HAHA

What I noticed…bread, pasta, rice, corn, potatoes…all dead food. Never a vibrant life. Dead plants ya know but when I read the burger, bacon, cheese, steak, wings, all vibrant nourishing alive foods. well quess we never hunted cheese but…LOL

thanks for a great laugh this morning!!

(Not a cow) #24

I’m pretty sure I read that our ancestors used to chase the becheeseus out of those animals :wink:

Feeling wonderful and I know why…I got the last of my alcohol out of my system from my vacation :wink: I had that ‘just off’ feeling a bit deep deep down ya know…when you are not in top form and I know it was the booze…while I don’t drink alot at all, I had more than my fair share on vacay LOL It is gone now, like all gone and I got my ‘perfect zc feeling’ back and I like it that way!!

yesterday food was:

6 oz. beef tenderloin steak
2 big chicken breasts
1 tin of sardines
3/4 lb. massive cheeseburger patty
4 slices of salami

I hit the scale and down 1/2 lb. WEE! My usual 1/2 drop and I will take those all day, every day eating the way I do eat!! I feel great! I feel alive deep down and I am thriving! I can not ask for anything more from my eating plan truly! My 1/2 lb. down don’t come alot but I never care about that…they all add up in the end but I am on an eating plan I can live on the rest of my life and never feel I am ‘dieting’ ever again. I truly am blessed on zero carb!

We got a super fun August thread rolling here guys!! Loving it!!

right up their with hunting snipes…snipes are good eating if you can get one, so elusive ya know like the cheese critters :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

(Not a cow) #27

That sounds like a great dinner meeting Elizabeth, what was on the menu, if you don’t mind me asking.

(Elizabeth ) #28

We met at the Boulder Cork and had their prime rib and some sparkling water.

(Elizabeth ) #29

Bahahahahaha

(Not a cow) #30

mmmmm prime rib sounds wonderful

prime rib…omg so good but I love the ‘standard’ prime rib out there…that known taste ya know.

when on vacay we hit a place that said Thurs night prime rib…and it was Thurs and I got the ‘honker size’ for cowboys and their horses to eat LOL

They smoked it. Smoked prime rib. All I tasted was the same bite of smoke taste after smoke taste. Ruined in my eyes. No where on that menu under description did it say it came off their smoker! ugh

but I ate it all :wink: and all night, smoke taste, smoke taste.

Our local steakhouse we love that serves good old fashioned prime rib is closing. the road is expanding into 4 lane and the restaurant is going bye bye and after like 50 yrs in biz they decided not to reopen. big disappointment but I get it, retirement is calling hard to them now.

I love chatting meat!

(Elizabeth ) #32

We had a lovely evening but I was so intimidated by these two mental powerhouses sitting across from me that I was only able to eat half of my 11 oz prime rib which is bizarre I normally eat one to one and a half pounds of meat at a meal. I did finish it along with some bacon when I got back to my hotel though :slight_smile:

Yea E I was thinking that would be me too. I read so much from them and to be eating a big old steak with them would be overwhelming for me also LOL Must have been just a great night for you guys. You got yourself a really good experience there for sure :slight_smile: and they got to know you!!

LOL, @Fangs ! I went snipe huntin’ once out in the Black Hills of SD. OMG. Hilarious! Thank you for the reminder, and good belly-laugh!

(Elizabeth ) #35

I’m here in this area because my daughter and her family moved from California here so I hope to be back frequently. I do know that Amber is trying to coordinate Carnivorycon for June in Boulder, this year’s conference got postponed then canceled :frowning:

I couldn’t get my smoked pork last Saturday as they were on holiday. I was looking forward to the shopping this Saturday, I already miss my pork and I even have some left and I bought bacon in a hypermarket. Still, I could eat more now. I neglected it lately but I am all ready for my tiny amount again (much wouldn’t be healthy, the sodium alone is excessive).
But they are on holiday all August… No problem, the beef farm has smoked stuff at least… They have a nice little fridge next to the road, it’s a very pretty one, great for cycling, it’s called a wine road, full with cellars. It’s a bit farther than the pig farm shop but still not too far and I will ride downhill for minutes at some point, that’s fun. I live on the edge of a small mountains, actually two (Hungary has a single hilltop over 1000 and that’s far away too), this little hill is at 200m BUT we still have just perfect and too steep slopes :slight_smile: Cycling is fun and can be quite strenuous but not all the time. Good for me, nice exercise and isn’t boring at all.

Yesterday I had an unfortunate compulsion but I got back on track and realized I love eggs again. So my egg dislike is over, yay!
I decided I will be very serious about sugar. I never did that switch in my mind, maybe it’s time. Not so hard on off days but I can overdo lactose if I have little meat and dislike eggs at the moment and I have less appetite than what I need to get enough food inside me (rare but happens). I will stop that, no matter how tasty whipped cream is :slight_smile: Despite even the best I can get has some UHT flavor for a few weeks shelf life…
I wanna be stricter for longer and feel better. Not like I feel bad but it can be improved I am sure.

One day I really will try some proper, made-by-not-us steak :smiley: Maybe this year, maybe the next… I am not in a hurry but you guys make me curious. I start to forget even how beef tastes at this point, it was months ago but I barely started to try it, the future is probably full with lots of possibilities and new experiences. Beef never was among my favs but I can imagine it can be done properly, using the right part or something. It still won’t be as good as pork as that is the best thing ever but that’s fine. Egg isn’t as good as pork either and still awesome. Especially with pork. I am a pork fan for life, I considered it the best tasting food during all my vegetarian years as well. It’s about only good quality fatty pork, I know there is tasteless pork too, at least according to my tastebuds.

But I am open to give beef chances.

I had a very successful, focused long shift at work yesterday. There is so much to be said for the relaxed sensation I feel on carnivore. Up until the last 20 mins at work, I was cool as a cucumber. What happened in those last 20 mins cannot be explained without some minimal cussing, so please, pardon any of my French. My Co-worker (I use that term lightly), showed up an hour late for her shift due to “Car trouble”- which meant I was unable to complete the reset of my assigned jobs. But, it was just me and mgmt for a 5 hour stretch, so no one was upset about my not finishing up jobs - they knew why. This is the same co-worker that didn’t show up for an entire shift earlier this week. So she told mgmt she had car trouble, but really, she had a fever, didn’t tell anyone until after she’d been at work for half an hour, and I was like…not to be rude, but please get the hell away from me. Apparently her fever, upon scanning a second time, did not meet the threshold to get sent home, but still. She’s getting married in 2 weeks, and we’re guessing/hoping she won’t come back to work.

I just gotta watch my temp now and make sure I don’t come down with anything. So, I came home last night, ate some beef sticks, then a small chunk of my meat-cheese bake. Slept like a baby - and woke up to 44F temps outside! The high today is 66F, but then tomorrow we creep back up into the 80’s.

Chickens are finally in the groove…got 9 eggs yesterday! I don’t work until later, so, I’m going to run my daughter around on errands, check to see if my new fridge has arrived yet (Still don’t have the refund), and run my canning jars through the dishwasher. And…work on push ups. The biceps are beginning to emerge, the triceps seem to be firming a bit, too. Can’t see my back, but I doubt much is happening there visually. Its just fun and exciting to work my way through this process and feel awesome! Going to pull some beef from the fridge and make something meaty today! LOL!
Keto away, my Peeps!!!

(Kellyn ) #38

I took my measurements this morning and this week I lost another 4 inches! I am so excited to see my measurements going down. It is very encouraging and I am so proud of myself for removing all sweeteners and caffeine from my diet. I have always loved sweets and my coffee, but I am doing great without them. In a few weeks I’m going to add back eggs and see how I do and then a week after that will try some dairy. I am going to stay carnivore from here on out, but want to try adding some other animal products to see if they could be a trigger for my eczema. If not, then it will be wonderful to get to add cheese or sour cream to my burger.

on that snipe hunt, was alcohol involved? :rofl::smirk:

yea with the state of ‘group gatherings’ the best one can do now is a social distancing outside with an insane monster BBQ with using 18 wheelers are the BBQ pits…oh imagine LOL Just acres of meat and friends, sounds great to me :scream:

I wish the East had what the West has when it comes to ZC but it just doesn’t and where I am, in booney NC, heck even what little I can find with zc events are still just far off.

I saw the pic you posted, is that the new grandbaby!!! Too cute of a pic of you 3 :slight_smile: