August Fat Burnin'

(Jeremy Storie) #21

Extended fast is to be determined but I’m shooting for 72 hours. I usually eat 8 to 10 eggs a day.

(Jeremy Storie) #22

I usually go 3 to 5 days.

(Yery Colombón) #23

What is an egg fast? I’m on day 27 of my keto diet and also do intermittent fasting 16/8. I have seen little results… :persevere::persevere::persevere:

(Sonia A.) #24

I’ve been doing ADF since last Monday and I plan on keep doing it all this month. I’ve already lost 1 kg (2.2 lbs) in a week. I hope it keeps going like that :crossed_fingers:.

(Sonia A.) #25

An egg fast is a period of 3 to 5 days when you only eat eggs. For each egg that you eat, you have to add a Tbs of fat (butter, oil). You also can eat 1 oz of cheese per egg, but people who have the greatest weight loss eat less cheese or not at all.

Hi Yery! Being patient while waiting for benefits is really hard. You might want to consider making a small change up. Sometimes that is all it takes. Maybe do a 24 hour fast every other day. Say eat dinner on Sunday and then don’t eat again until Monday evening. And stay me to when you do eat. It was mentally tough initially to pass by the lunchtime so I would have a cup of hot tea or bone broth. But eventually I realized I did not need it. Hang in there with however you want to tweak your plan. Just remember to give it time.

Hi Sonia! Sounds like you have a good plan for this month. Do you keep it up through all 7 days? I would drive my husband crazy. I can keep him happy by telling him Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, but if it changed every week he might go ahead bar the kitchen doors…lol.

Thanks for the information. I am afraid of I tried that I might end up with an adversion to eggs. I have a tenuous relationship with eggs to begin with. I like them but don’t love them.

Good morning! August is already here. This summer (I’m in Illinois) has been flying by. I am fasting again today. I have been fasting since Saturday after supper. Went on vacation and fell out of ketosis and rocketed my bg up through poor choices. So I am going to fast until my bg is near normal and then get into my pattern of three 36 hours per week. I am hoping for supper this evening but we will see what the meter has to say about that. It is 4am here and I am having a bout of keto insomnia. So much fun. Hope you all have a great day whether you are feasting or fasting.

(Sonia A.) #30

:grinning: it’s true, ADF in the strictest sense is not for everyone. It’s difficult socially for most people I’ve heard from. But I’m not married yet, so no husband to keep happy :blush: and I’m doing it with my mother, so it’s easier. I chose this protocol to bust through a long stall and to help my mom take control of her diabetes.

As for the egg fast, I’ve never done it. I’m leaving it for later in the game if/when I stall again. I imagine it’d be harder for someone who doesn’t love eggs.

(Jeremy Storie) #31

Eat eggs and fat. For every egg you eat a tablespoon of fat. You can have as many as you want. Some people add a little cheese and some don’t.

(migorstmarseille) #32

I started a 7 day fast this past Sunday, 7/30 with a few other folks. I’ve done a few 72 hour fasts and one five day fast. However in the past I’ve had bone broth during my fasts. This time, I’m sticking with water, coffee, tea and my recipe for Keto Ginger ale (Apple Cider Vinegar, Magnesium Citrate and sparkling water) for the duration, and no fat. My goals are autophagy and burning some visceral fat.

(Jeremy Storie) #33

I’m shooting for 72 hrs but I may go longer if I feel good.

I haven’t tried the duck eggs yet… still working my way through a few dozen chicken eggs!!

I’ll try the duck eggs tomorrow and let you know. I probably won’t try the egg fast till the weekend, but I’ll keep y’all posted.

When you do ADF is it a full 36 hours or do you go 24 hours and then eat, say, dinner?

(Penny) #36

I love lifting and running too! I also love obstacle course races! Your plan sounds awesome. I may want to join you. What do your fasting and feasting days look like? I’m a high school teacher…do you think this is doable?

(jilliangordona) #37

@Ocrgrrrl I’m a high school teacher too!!! So yes I think this is doable :slight_smile:

(Doug) #38

Thanks, Irishred. Finding our own best fasting schedule is very important, in my opinion. It can be quite freeing to not be concerned with food. Social eating, family, etc. - these can be big hurdles. I work away from home, “on the road,” and it’s pretty easy to stay with whatever program I dream up. Home with my wife is another matter; big Italian family - hard for me to conceive of not eating then.

(Penny) #39

What??? Crazy! We have so much in common!
Do you do water only fasts? And when you feast, do you keep it to one meal or eat what you want all day? I’ve been looking to budge the scale as well.

(Jim Russell) #40

I started a fast Sunday night, I’m almost 48 hours in. Planning on going for 4 days. Everything is going well so far.

KCKO!