August 2018 ZornFast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #62

Yes. Correct. Exactly this.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #63

It starts my hunger up real hard too, there are a few of us that it affects this way.

(Christine) #64

Ok cool. I will just stay on top of the salts. The added potassium on the daily made a huuuge difference just in my hunger on 16:8. That’s given me the confidence to try this bc I’m finally feeling full as my default.

(Ron) #65

Think I am going to break at 72hrs this evening so I can feast tonight and in the morning and join ZornFast Thursday evening. That is the plan.:+1:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #66

Very good plan. It’s important to eat at least two meals before you start into another extended fast. My employer IDM actually recommends 2 days of refeeding between extended fasts to make sure you get the nutrients you need and also rev up your metabolism.

(Ron) #67

Yeah, usually just do 1 EF a month but the one I just ended was going so well that I hate to give up the momentum. My plan is to be overly aware of what the body tells me if I am overdoing it this close together. Not really worried about ramping up the metabolism as I always have a tendency to overeat on the refeed (just finished a 2900 kcal meal) and will have a big breakfast in the morning to get my macros or above for the day tomorrow. Thank You though @Brenda for looking out for me!:hugs:

(Lonnie Hedley) #68

Might I suggest “Dr. Pimple Popper”. Definitely won’t make you think of eating. :joy::rofl:

I couldn’t figure out why you wanted us to take pictures of the salt. Then I saw the second quote and realized your auto-correct might have been a little too helpful in the first post. :grin:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #70

I think auto correct is out to destroy me.

(Lonnie Hedley) #71

Just bought a Keto Mojo so of course I’m testing during the fast. Last night 2 hours after eating (and taking the dog on a long walk), I tested at 0.6. This morning at 12 hours of the fast, I was 2.8. I’m going to try for every 12 hours during the fast.

FOR SCIENCE!!! :joy::rofl:

About 86 hrs. in, and no problems. … Took the day off to spend with the wife and will probably make some meals for the upcoming days.

I’m right at 55 hours in, and that’ll about do it for this phormerly phatt man…for this round, anyways. This is my 3rd extended fast in as many weeks, each around this length. (One went 96 hours.)

I truly love fasting and both types are forever in my maintenance arsenal. And just as truly…I suck at Re-Feeding. My best efforts have been underwhelming.

BREAKfast, here I come. I hope to achieve Mediocrity this time.

(Christine) #74

On hour 36 and OMG feeling amazing! I’m sanding aluminum at work so it’s so funny to be in such a good mood over such a mundane task.

But wondering if I want to go past Sunday are there any guidelines I should consider?

I also love saving all the time not prepping and packing meals.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #75

Ok. Had a dinner party I had forgotten about so starting now, Thursday evening. Goal is to make it till Monday evening.

(KCKO, KCFO) #76

Enjoy the party then enjoy the fasting.

(Lonnie Hedley) #77

Complete energy dump 19 hours in. Trying to shove as much salt in my face from this disposable Morton salt shaker I can stand.

39 hours in. My stomach is not happy but my brain is winning the battle. Someone brought in sparking water…it is like the universe knew what I was needing. Feeling a little better now. Onward I go.

(Christine) #79

If it’s iodized it can have maltodrextrin in it. I’m allergic to corn so I have to get other salts without additives.

I keep a pink rock salt shaker at my desk. I prefer letting those melt slowly over the ground salt. Hope you feel better :slight_smile:

(Lonnie Hedley) #81

It’s the disposable Morton salt shaker. “This container is not labeled for individual sale” - or nutritional info.

Lite salt contains dextrose too. That junk is everywhere.