August 2018 ZornFast

(Doug) #41

:exclamation: :slightly_smiling_face: :exclamation:

:slight_smile: !

Thank you for the advice. I haven’t really tried to go longer but I am sure I can. But yes I believe the mental thing will be more of an obstacle than the physical :slight_smile:. Added salt to my water this morning!

(Christine) #43

Started at 10pm last night! 12hrs down!

(KCKO, KCFO) #44

This should be pinned to the top of the Fasting subforum.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #46

Thank you. I’ll take care of that when I get back to my laptop.

36 hours in. All is well. (Which is almost always the case…)

Like I said earlier, I add some cream to my coffee on some fasts, and almost always during the last half of a 4 day fast.

It may not be the best idea, but I seemingly can NO LONGER do extended fasting without a little added fat. I am getting down into the mid 170’s consistently now, and at just under 6 foot 2 I surmise that I may just not have the fat stores to go longer than 48 or 60 hours without significant issues. It used to be MUCH easier.

I’ve done 11 days on water, but that was with an additional 100 pounds of extra…um… fuel (wink wink) stored.

"Course, I could be WRONG! You’d think @ 64 I’d have this all figured out by now, but 5 decades of that time, I was variously obese.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #48

This is exactly what I suspect. Have you ever considered getting a dexa scan? So you can see your body fat percentage? Congratulations on losing a hundred pounds by the way! Have you put your story in the centurions thread on this forum? Let me know if you can’t find it

Yes, I have posted to the Centurians Sub Forum. (I’ve lost 155 by the way, from my all time high of 333 to 174.)

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/centurians-people-who-have-lost-more-than-100-lbs/27482/109

I hit my original goal of 185 last November and since that time, have gone on to lose 10 more. However, the DEXA I did a couple of months ago shows me to be pretty low on lean mass in my view. 33# of fat stored.

I’m doing Body By Science, (once or twice a week) to add some muscle to my feeble, aging body, but only since about September of last year. I’ve seen some improvement…but nothing spectacular.

I would send you my DEXA if you’d like, by the way. I have it in a PDF, I believe.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #50

This is all FANTASTIC @goldwingnut

So happy to hear all of your success. I remember when you were very new here. This makes me very proud.

Thanks! - Good to know I’m doing right. :slight_smile: Plus, I feel it you don’t mix things up, that can also get boring, and I don’t want that either.

(Omar) #52

I hope to be able to join next month as my IBS really hurts.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #53

Sorry to hear this. Has fasting helped? or is it best not to fast when this is happening?

(Omar) #54

The first attempt to fast was wounderfull.

After three days extended fast I got zero pain from my colon.

Then I broke the fast after three days and ate my normal keto diet of very low carbs.

One day I eat lots of vigitables and vigitables juice. As a result I got IBS pain never experienced in my life. That was few weeks back and still in pain.

Since then I tried to fast few times but could not take the pain.

I think I have to cure the wounds first or restore the balance of guts bacteria before I can make the fast work.

I think there is bad bacteria overgrowth or out of balance.

Thanks for asking

(What The Fast?!) #55

I’m doing ADF currently, so I’ll be in and out. :slight_smile:

(Ron) #56

66hrs in and all is well.:muscle::joy: KSFO.

I made it through my first lunch break. My tummy was grumbling (I think it was expecting food) but all is better now. 18+ hours in…onward I proceed :smile:

Just passing 72 hrs. here. I’m planning to go 120 hrs. this time. … Haven’t had any issues with any of my fast so far, but have been stopping myself on purpose at 72 until this time.

(Christine) #59

Question: So I’ve never fasted on my current job, which is as a welder for a construction company/fab shop. It’s pretty slow, but the shop I’m in is about 85-90 degrees and it’s the mid-west so pretty humid.

I take 400mg of Magnesium at night, recently added, 500mg of potassium split up night time and morning, but do I need to do extra extra salt? I put it in my water throughout the day like folks mentioned. But Incase the job gets intense over the next couple days, is there anything else I need to be careful of? I’ve worked here a year now. My previous fasts are 16:8 and the longer 48hr was over a weekend.

I may include broth, but the last time I attempted an EF it started my hunger real hard.

I’m sure there are others better qualified here to assist you with your question. But I can say that I’ve been told that since I drink a lot, as well as sweat a lot normally, I could be loosing my electrolytes more? So I’ve been making sure to add extra salt.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #61

Make sure you are in contact with your physician. This sounds very concerning.