Attempting a 24 hour fast

(M) #1

I’m in hour 18 of my first ever 24hr fast. At hour 17 or so I experienced/ am experiencing a sudden burst of energy, is that common?

(hottie turned hag) #2

In a word…YES. V common. It’s one of the things I :heart_eyes: about it.

(Carl Keller) #3

I had that fasting high the first time I did a 48 hour fast. My interpretation of it was that my body was saying “Here have some extra motivation to go out and find us something to eat!”.

(M) #4

Well that’s it, it’s over. I broke my fast with broccoli and shredded creamy chicken, some unsweetened tea with chia seeds and a bit of cream. Now my stomach feels like trash.

I did my first 24 hour fast as well, and I ended it as I do my everyday 16 hour fast a cup of tea with MCT Oil and Collagen. I chose a piece of rolled up cheese and ham, I almost threw up. It took over an hour for my stomach to settle. I felt great during the fast but wow it wasn’t pleasant coming off didn’t see that coming hesitant to do a longer fast again.

(John) #6

“24-hour fast” sounds much scarier than “skip breakfast and lunch, don’t snack, and have a normal dinner.” But they are the same thing.

(Alec) #7

Yes, you’ve found Faster’s High! Lovely, isn’t it?

('Jackie P') #8

That may have been the MCT oil that made you feel ill. I have felt most peculiar after taking it on occasion, especially when I first started, and especially on an empty stomach! Not to mention the potential for disaster pants!
By the time I built up my resistance, I no longer wanted/needed it!
24 hour fasts aren’t such a new thing for me. I never used to eat breakfast, and if I was busy often missed lunch! What I thought was an unhealthy habit turned out to be a pretty good one!
The thought of an extended fast however, is a bit scary. I tend to plan, anticipate and enjoy cooking and eating my evening meal. It is a ritual I know, but I love it! The thought if fasting all evening leaves me with an empty void!
Is that too sad?:upside_down_face:

Not sad at all, kind of exciting, sounds like you will be discovering new ways to spend your time. :slightly_smiling_face: