Are Johnsonville brats good on keto? Can i eat it?

(Harold Tavarez) #1

Will this kick me out of ketosis? It only has 1 gram of sugar in each link of brat. And only 1 carb.

Thoughts??

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #2

I eat them every once in a while, but I have access to real German brats less than a mile from my house. Just don’t blow your day with them. If I let myself, I could eat a dozen of them

(Rob) #3

Absolutely not. Why did you think it would? 1g carb, more fat than protein, it seems like a pretty perfect keto food. Obviously it’s processed and probably has some things in it you wouldn’t choose in an ideal world but most people don’t sweat that stuff.

KC and brat on!!

(Harold Tavarez) #4

Sweet! Well i guess i got the wrong information on the Keto Facebook page. And people were saying that because it has Corn syrup and dextrose that it will raise my insulin levels and kick me out of ketosis?? not sure if this is what i should go by?? Or the nutritional value on things??

(Rob) #5

Facebook is the Devil’s Sphincter of keto info (with a few exceptions related to groups spun out of here :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:). I now see why you might be worried. This place is much better for sane advice and great information. :grin:

If it has corn syrup in it (it probably does) it is in a minute quantity (see 1g carbs). Insulin reacts to glucose load not the ingredient name on a label. 1g is nothing.

Go by the label. Bad ingredients are better to avoid but no need to get paranoid about it especially when something is in a meaningless amount.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #6

I like that one…very accurate! :smiling_imp:

(Harold Tavarez) #7

:smile: wow that makes me so happy! Thank you!

(Jean Taylor) #8

Yeah I try not to eat my carbs in meat too often but occasionally I don’t see a problem assuming it still fairly low. Love me some maple sausage links sometimes.

(Ernest) #9

Given the state of food these days, some things are really hard to avoid.
I don’t eat them often but when I do, I eat them without any guilt.

(TJ Borden) #10

Preach it pastor @Capnbob

(KFdriscoll%) #11

Just about every day: 2 eggs scrambled. half a Johnsonville brat, shredded cheese. Topped with sour cream

(Colleen) #12

That sounds like heaven

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #13

Hahahaha! I had to quote this too. This really made me laugh. I feel bad that they told this to you. I’ve been ketogenic four years and I’ve eaten shit like that the whole time. I’ve had all kinds of success. I’ll link my podcast interview about my keto life and my story on Diet Doctor at the bottom. All done with Johnsonville Brats. LOL. Seriously

FUCK Facebook
:nofb:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
SPITS OUT COFFEE
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAROFLMAO

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

BTW @Dominicanbulk
You need dis
You’re welcome.

(Harold Tavarez) #15

Perfect! Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #16

And then there’s reddit…

(KCKO, KCFO) #17

YES. I totally agree with this.

What throws you out of ketosis can only be determined by you. Some go out of ketosis with over 20 g carbs, I personally have to go higher, over 50 g. to be kicked out of nutritional ketosis.

Besides the important factor is are you a sugar burner or a fat burner. Fat burners always have a bit of wiggle room.

Enjoy a brat now and again. I like mine with Grey Poupon and saurkraut.

(Mark Rhodes) #18

I am not a Reddit user but I do get directed there once in a while. Great observation!

(Chris) #19

I plan on destroying some Bacon Cheddar brats from Costco tonight with homemade Kraut from a coworker. Im more worried about the toilet than ketosis

(Troy) #20

@Untraceable Trying to be “ untraceable “ at the toilet are you? …flush twice
Good Luck
Jk
:joy::thinking: