April ZornFast 2019

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

April ZornFast, Thursday, April 18th through Sunday April 21st. Here we go, guys! Join me! We will be here to support you and answer your questions. Let us know what type of fast you have decided to do with us. Are you practicing meal timing? 16/8? 18/6? Excellent. Are you learning intermittent fasting? Every other day? Extended days? Multi-day? All 4 days? Fantastic. The choice is yours.
The ZornFast is always the third Thursday of every month through the following Sunday. You may choose any type or length of fast you wish, or simply practice meal timing and use the support here to learn.
Everyone is welcome.
I started practicing monthly fasts February of 2016 and I still gain great benefit.
Join if you’d like, on whichever days you choose, we’ll support each other here.
I always do a water fast. (water/ black coffee & tea). The definition of a fast is open to your interpretation and needs. Some will need to do a fat fast. There are benefits to that type of fast as well.

I fast to target visceral (organ) fat and to promote autophagy, fasting also releases HGH for muscle growth. I follow Dr. Jason Fung. Matter of fact, his book “The Obesity Code ” is what started my venture into fasting nearly three years ago.
Because of the ketogenic diet I am no longer diabetic. Fasting managed to further improve my health dramatically since I have included it in my health regime. It has increased my insulin sensitivity.

Oh hey guys, try not to talk about food on this thread. I know it is tempting to discuss the foods you plan to break your fast with, but it can actually cause hunger in those reading your post (including me!) Thank you.

You may want to include this drink during your fast (or some version of it). I drink 2 bottles a day while fasting.
KetoAide homemade: 290 mg sodium 350 mg potassium 75 mg magnesium

KetoAide homemade (ketoade) recipes, Recipes, RECIPES

KetoAide homemade (ketoade) recipes, Recipes, RECIPES

Messages and comments from me (Brenda, your fearless leader) and other members will be posted below!

I have been using Ketoade pretty regularly, and have experienced improvement in my Cardiac Arrhythmia. I had a flare up that lasted several weeks…now it is pretty much non-existent.

I just now began re-feeding from an extended fast (60 hours) and will also be joining you all next week.

Thanks for all you do, @Brenda!

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

I’ve been doing TRE windows protocol most of this month, will be doing an extended fast this month. Don’t want to lose my fasting mojo :sunglasses:

I’m in hope we see some newbies joining as well.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #4

I plan to fast a total of 84 hours and look forward to starting.

(Josette V) #5

Hey Brenda! I completed the ZornFast on the other forum (last week), and I have to say, I’m loving it. Feel great, and aside from the one night where I felt a little nauseous (tea helped :tea:, as did fizzy water), it’s been easy to manage.

My family is like “…what are we eating for dinner?” At first, this was a challenge, but by Wednesday, it was no big deal. They were apologizing for eating in front of me, and I said no problem, it’s totally OK, please enjoy!

I’m doing the 42-hour fasting regimen, which is really easy to manage, and I find that I have so much more time in my day. I think about food quite a lot, it seems, so finding new things to focus on during emotional, bored, or office meeting snack-mania is the current focus for me.

Using MY FITNESS PAL to document when I do eat, and we even went out on Saturday to enjoy “date night”, including a movie and dinner at a really nice restaurant. I had wine, a meal that was memorable, but I did take quite a bit home. Pro-tip: Order the brussel sprouts appetizer, it will fill you both up prior to the entree :wink:

A big THANK YOU for leading that fast, and please count me in for this one starting on Thursday!

Your pal,
~ Josie ~
aka - Imaginette

(Josette V) #6

AND KETOAIDE… ALL DAY, ALL DAY, ALL DAY in the mix.

APRIL 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Pretty amazing to non-fasters, isn’t it!??

I actually do more cooking, and ENJOY it more when fasting. I fast a lot, but nowadays, I often keep them between 36 and 60 hours. I like 48 pretty well, and can sometimes do them with water only. But usually I dirty fast…with cream and stevia in my coffee. My all time longest “Clean Fast” (water only) was 11 days, but I weighed 270 at the time, and had significant…um…let’s call it onboard FUEL storage.

I’m doing a month of carnivore during April, right now. It will be interesting to see if I can do 84 or more hours of a water only fast starting Wednesday.

I’m not afraid to cheat a bit, changing over to a “Dirty Fast” and I definitely will… IF… I run out of gas, or go all wobbly.

Fingers crossed.

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

All of a sudden, it seems carnivore keeps coming up. Why did you decide to try it?

I went to the conference in Boulder that Amber organized, it was very interesting I learned a lot. Cooking veggies a bit more due to learning about the lectins in them. I had already quit grains years ago.

I do have carnivore days, not planned usually, but they happen. Not sure if I could give up my greens, chocolate, and wine

@collaroygal, I have some health issues…and wanted to see if I could improve them with a Carnivore plus I.F.-ing WOE. I did it for a month in 2018, but didn’t see much change. I just thought another try at it might be different this time.

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

Ok, I started my fasting window at 6:30 PM tonight, I want to do at least Thurs. & Fri. breaking sometime on Saturday.

I have been drinking less coffee and drinking it black. I will continue to do that during this fast. I do have bone broth in the freezer if I really need something to get me through.

I loaded up several Kindle books, so I have diversions lined up.

Happy Fasting everyone!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #11

FYI everyone, I finally met @collaroygal at the Boulder Carnivore Conference. It was so nice to meet you! Good to put a person to the forum name!

@Brenda and @collaroygal, I wish I’d have gone to that conference too. Wichita to Denver isn’t all that bad a drive, and Boulder wouldn’t have added much. BUTT… I am self employed and as such, taking time off really hits me twice.

Alas…

I started my April ZornFast early, since Saturday is my B-day and Sunday is Easter. Family things get in the way of my WOE, but it’s an important part of life I could NEVER regret!!

So, I’m sitting right at 36 hours in, and pulled the plug on a “CLEAN” fast and went with a Dirty one.

It happened when I licked the spoon from some ice cream I was making for this weekend.

No matter.

I’m not exactly strict with my fasting nowadays anyhow. The ice cream barely tempted me, but I did enjoy licking the tools. I often add cream to my coffee when fasting, so this was no different.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

I enjoyed getting to meet my fasting coach as well. :slight_smile: The Carnivorecon let me see some important speakers for the first time in person. I also got to meet Daisy and Carl. I also enjoyed getting to have a chat with Pam Zorn as well. She is a very cool person, I have taken her burrata making workshop. It was a wonderful day all around for me.

I am also looking forward to this summer’s Ketofest with husband in tow, we will be doing Social Saturday. .

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

Sipping on ketoaide and feeling good, just started last night so only about 21 hrs. in so far, but with the sunshining and my current mood. I think I can ride this one a tad further than I originally thought, so going to just ride this good feeling til it comes to an end.

It is harder fasting while at maintenance than while losing for me. Even adding back in fats as supplements to what my body doesn’t provide daily, I end up breaking before I want to, of course I tell myself I’m doing 100+ hrs, as I did those regularly while losing. These days I am happy with any thing over 36 hrs. If I have learned anything it is all fasting is good, no matter the length and coffee and bone broth are great to keep you going further than you think you can.

So Everyone, just do your thing for however long you can do it. Just enjoy the ride.

KCFO

We seem to have a light turnout on the April Installment of ZornFasting. I surmise it is the timing with Easter, but I’ve been WRONG before. (once) :grin:

I’m about 60 hours in, and doing juuuuuuust FINE!

I wish I could feel this energy and optimism when eating. It does, however…help me to sympathize with our friends who might suffer with some sort of addiction besides food.

Not everyone experiences a Faster’s High I think mostly, because they don’t ever fast. But some people who DO fast, say they never get that familiar, “all is well with the World” euphoria.

I love it though, and always feel a little let down just after BREAKfast.

Oh well…

I’ll begin to re-feed tonight, at about 72 hours.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

Stan, I am just over 36 hrs. in and yes, not much traffic around here. April IF/EX chat is huge this month. So people are fasting. It’s all good.

(Carol) #17

Can I claim a tiny Zorn Fast? Kind of a half-fast Zorn Fast? I just came off an EF and didn’t want to do two back-to-back but had the opportunity to sneak about 40ish hours in. I will see if my timing is better next month. :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #18

Sure, you can start before or after. I often do fasting for 40+ hrs. then refeed a couple of meals and fast again for 36+ hrs. No rules on how long you have to fast or the type of fast either.
Just do you, all fasting is a good thing.

KCFO

I did 72 hours. It was a terrific fast and I’ve just started a very cautious refeed.

All is well… :slightly_smiling_face:

(KCKO, KCFO) #20

Well I broke at 42 hrs. had two refeed meals, and went back into fasting, will do 36 hrs. this round. I’m trying Brenda’s eat something later when beginning, so had a smallish refeed meal at 11PM last night. So I can enjoy lamb chops on Sunday.

I’m pretty stressed out right now so just glad I am able to do any fasting this week.