April 2017 Zornfast 20-23

(Regina M.) #122

I’m at 84 hours. I was going to stop at 96 hours, but I think I’m just going to go as long as I feel good, up to 7 days. I have plans to go shopping with my mother this afternoon which may be my downfall, but so far so good. I just hope I don’t poop my pants in the middle of Trader Joe’s.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #123

Good luck kiddo.

Just don’t fart.

(Nathan Hall) #124

Good life lesson.
Never trust anything that smells like that. :blush:

(Newimprovedme ) #125

Good luck. You can do it. Just stay focused on your goal and listen to your body.

(Regina M.) #126

I survived, not only Trader Joe’s, but also Whole Foods AND Kroger. No poop explosion. They were cooking something that smelled amazing in the seafood department at Whole Foods, but I resisted. I just stood there for five minutes appreciating the aroma and then went on my way.

(Bacon for the Win) #127

you are a brave soul!

Yay! I’ve got company! I’m still going too. I’m up to 133 hours now. I can’t quite believe it. It doesn’t seem very me. I still have the intention of stretching to 7 days and I’m so close now, I’ll probably go through, but if things change I won’t be fussed.

One thing I realised yesterday was that before I was keto-adapted, if I had not eaten for even as little as 6 hours, I would sometimes get the shakes. Now, I’m up to going on 6 days? Unbelievable.

Good luck fellow traveller. And I’m glad there was no Trader Joe’s disaster. lol.

Another thing: I can now look at the recipes and appreciate them, but am otherwise completely indifferent. So bring on your delicious, keto-foods! I can take it!

(MakinBacon) #129

133 is quite impressive! Longest I have done so far is 100. I started a 4 week feast/fast cycle yesterday with random days chosen for each part, and my longest fast will be at the end with 114 hours. I might be able to stretch it out longer if I feel good. I’m not sure how it’s going to line up with the next Zornfast, but I can always adjust if needed. :grinning:

Also, I wanted to report that I ate about 500 cals above what I normally eat yesterday, and I didn’t gain a single pound. Normally I start gaining right away after eating again, so we’ll see how this plays out.

Cheers. I’m not feeling particularly impressed with myself here, more incredulous. It really hasn’t been that hard for me. And I know me. I can be kind of a wimp. I did reintroduce a bone broth and a BPC one each, once a day after Sunday, so it hasn’t been a complete water fast since then. The change was probably enough of a concession to keep me going.

I have had weight loss, but I’m expecting an upwards adjustment once I’ve finished this. It’s interesting watching our bodies respond to what we throw at them.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #131

Omg. I hadn’t thought about it. I did a 240.

I’m crazy.

(Regina M.) #132

Great going. Isn’t it incredible. I don’t know if I will make 7 days, because I got a huge wave of exhaustion at hour 95. I drank some sparkling water and walked around. I feel a little better. I’ve got some beef stock that should be ready in about 45 minutes. I’m going to have a cup to get me through the evening, get a good night’s sleep and see how I feel in the morning. Ditto on the recipes. I avoided them for the first two days, but it’s not a problem.

Well I’m done. 142 hours in all. It was time. My body said so and I promised myself at the start I was going to tune into my body and not let my mind take over. Overall. a really good experience. And all being equal, I’ll be back next month. Thanks Zornfasters. Good luck @Regina_M!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #134

Wow, that’s amazing. If you’re like me at all, now you’ll get to enjoy a high for a few days.

I love fasting.

(MakinBacon) #135

So this morning, after quite a feast yesterday, I lost another half a pound. This is new to me. Normally I start gaining right away after coming off a fast. I still expect to gain something back, but for now I am pleasantly surprised. So what is different this time?

Well, all of my prior fasts were fairly spaced out, some 2+ months apart. I was also not really feasting at any point. I was doing keto, but found myself slightly restricting calories a bit more than I should have. This time, I am doing a feast/fast cycle. I officially started it on Sunday after coming off the Zornfast, but technically it started sooner. I had done a 3 day fast a couple of weeks ago, and the 3 days prior to starting this fast, I feasted. Hence the reason I ran out of food early in the week, which prompted me to spontaneously join this fast. :grinning:

I still track every bit of food I eat daily, but I’ve removed that mental block of “I can’t go over XYZ artificial limit on calories”. I already know that CICO is complete fucking horseshit, but old habits from the past still tend to creep their way into my life. I’m now actively correcting that behavior. I will eat to satiety. I don’t care if it ends up being 500 or 1000 or whatever calories over what I am used to eating. If my body is telling me I need to eat more bacon, then dammit I am gonna eat all the fucking bacon.

Anyway, I’m getting off track here. Well done everyone, and I’ll see ya at the next Zornfast. :sunglasses:

(Regina M.) #136

Yay. You did great. I’m feeling better this morning so I’m going to keep going. I intend to break my fast Friday morning, so I can get a full day of eating in and go directly into alternate day fasting.

I missed it!

I fasted for the first time last week, for 36 hours, and found it very difficult. I was constantly hungry, and really hangry with my family that evening. I’ve tried again and right now I’m about 40 hours into a planned 80 hour fast (Sunday evening to Thursday morning) and feeling good. No major hunger. I’ve heard 2KD over and over say the first day is the hardest, and they’re right!

I’ll join you next month Brenda.

LC

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #138

I was going to try that too until I listened to this podcast. They talk about alternate day fasting. I am doing the feast/fast instead. If it works well for me, it will be my new routine.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #139

I will be there!

(Regina M.) #140

Thanks. I’ll listen. I’ve made it to 120 hours. I just fed my dog a gorgeous heirloom tomato from my garden, because it was getting to soft to wait until I could eat it. He said it was delicious.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #141

Seriously? Your DOG? what kind of dog? And WHY is their no photo???