April 2017 Zornfast 20-23

(Sierra) #82

I wish I had some keto aid. But going to the store is too much work. The best thing about fasting is how easy it is!!! Kids get leftovers and chia puddding. I get tea. Then we have so much time to build fairy houses in the yard and watch the chickens. I love fasting! It’s so damn easy!

(Sierra) #83

When I feel like eating and I start that mental game with myself I remind myself of all the “whys” for fasting. I frequently tell myself “I’m doing this to stay healthy for my kids”. Also I try to think of all the amazing mechanisms happening in my body cleaning out the old crap and swarming in and breaking apart cells which could become diseases later and regenerating them.

(Nathan Hall) #84

So, 56 hours and I went and let an akward social situation get the better of me. Tomorrow isn’t looking any better, so I think I’m going to bow out of this one. Strangely enough I tend to find it easier to fast at work.
Even stranger, I wasn’t hungry until after I ate that little bit of food. Now I feel like I could eat a horse.

(Cindy) #85

I forgot my Grandkids are spending the night💞 which means cooking the next 3 meals for them. I will be strong, I will be strong. I’m just at 24 hrs as started 1 day late. If I can cook and not eat, I can make it thru to Mon evening.

(Bacon for the Win) #86

Overcast is much easier to use than the iphone app. I’ve used it for years after an iOS update caused the podcast app to be unusable. I was without all my podcasts for almost 10 days until I found Overcast. I’ve been leery about iOS updates ever since!

(chris.coote) #87

26 hours and going. Lots of exercise today and an all night work day mean Ill be sleeping well through the next hours :blush:

(MakinBacon) #88

I just passed 48 hours. First time doing water only, and I feel great! Not hungry at all and feel like I could keep going for awhile.

Oh my goodness, I should not look at the recipe/eating section while fasting.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #90

Yes. SHOULD NOT

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #91

Fasting at a pub with espresso, sax, bass, accordian, and guitars…

I love the guitar.

I became extremely hungry last night (50hrs in), I very nearly demolished a block of cheddar but managed to stay away and it passed. Now this morning over 60hrs in I feel fine again, just had a coffee.

Does anyone run/cycle whilst in an extended fast? I can run on keto but haven’t tried during fasting, and would like to keep my training going if can do so without any problems.

(Sierra) #93

I love to excercise fasted. Try it and see how u feel.

(Regina M.) #94

38 hours in and feeling awesome. But why oh why are my first tomatoes of the season ripening now? I would just ignore my garden for a couple of days, but if I don’t keep things picked it becomes a vermin buffet. And they never even say thank you.

Yum. Homegrown tomatoes. I’m past 77 hours now which is the longest well fast for me ever. I’m considering stretching it through to 7 days but I’ll see how I feel. So far so good!

(Newimprovedme ) #96

Over 63 hours in…nine hours to go in my water fast.
So far, so good. Usually what keeps me from doing more days of fasting is nausea. I felt it a little bit last night but felt fine this morning. I may break my fast at the 84 hour mark instead of 72…most of the extra 12 hours will be sleeping. I’ll see how I feel tonight.

(Regina M.) #97

I’m at 41 hours. This a very different experience than I’ve had before. The longest I’ve gone is 42 hours, because I just couldn’t do it any longer, but so far this has been much easier. I haven’t been hungry since a few hours in. What stopped me before wasn’t so much physical hunger as an intense psychological need to eat something. I haven’t been dealing with that so far.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #98

I’m breaking my fast today because @Kassie and @dustin.ewers are coming into town, and that’s a good thing.

Hear their story HERE:

(Sierra) #99

How do u break your fast? Do u eat a big meal or go into it gently? Usually with longer fasts I break it very gently over a couple days. My shorter fasts I just eat a big meal after (usually keto pizza) but I’m thinking of doing a 5-7 day fast this time and not sure how to break it.

(Siobhan) #100

Broke my fast at about hour 74. I walked about 1 1/2 miles and immediately hit a brick wall of terribleness. Like food poisoning and low blood sugar and brain not working at all mixed into an ugly cocktail.
I was at a gas station at that point so I got a bunch of small things and ate it over the course of an hour (salted peanuts, jerky, salami and cheese, water, unsweetened tea). Took the trip home very gently.
No idea what it was, but was probably just at my fasting limit, and combining that with exercise made my body throw a temper tantrum until I listened (lol)

Interesting notes from this fast:
I would often experience 5 or 10 minute waves of hunger, and then after they were done keto breath would come back (sometimes light, sometimes very noticeable). I found this pretty amusing.
It’s really boring. The interruption of schedule and (as my mom described it) “sensory deprivation” from not eating makes every day feel the same.
This morning I woke up with the distinct taste of homemade cherry jam - sort of like keto breath but… not. No idea what that was.

(Sierra) #101

Hour 69 and the mind games are in full force!