Anyone have any New Year's Resolutions re Keto?

(Doug) #21

More fasting and more butter.

(Laurie) #22

I wasnā€™t going to, but now that you mention it:

KCKO
Quit biting the inside of my lips (a recent nervous habit)

Iā€™m very close to my goal weight, so the challenge for me in 2019 will be getting my maintenance balance right, keeping the (fat) weight off and up my exercise and weight training.

Also a side goal will be to encourage my parents and my inlaws to try keto to help improve their own individual circumstances. My first plan of attack is to have them all over for a keto feast.

(Natasha) #24

I have 2ā€¦ walk more and incorporate 5:2 into my weeks. Not necessarily planning them as goals to start in January but will be happy if Iā€™ve afopted them as permanent habits by this time next year.

(Mike W.) #25

My goal for 2019 might be the opposite of some. LESS Keto. No, Iā€™m not quitting or changing the way Iā€™m eating. I just need my diet to be less of an obsession in my life. I want it to just be how I eat, not how I spend all my free time. Iā€™m burnt out on information. Iā€™ve been at this for 2 years. I have the tools and support @Brenda , I just need to put them into practice. Iā€™m starting a new job on Jan 7 so Iā€™m hoping this will help me to break some bad eating habits (like ā€œneedingā€ to eat as soon as Iā€™m home from work) and to be able to get in some daily excercise. It should also make ADF fasting easier. I might take a break from the forum, and I might not. I guess weā€™ll see. But either way 2019 is gonna be the year of ME.

(Splotchy) #26

Iā€™m going to extend my snack-free periods into intermittent fasting and see what happens. But Iā€™m not going to be rigid, ie MUST do it on so many days per week etc.

RIgid resolutions are (for me) a path to failure. I go better on taking an idea and trying to adapt it. Fingers crossed.

My goal is to get back into the rhythm of healthy (keto) eating with intermittent fasting.
Irishred

(Daisy) #28

I tried to start last week, because I believe in starting before new year for better results (the flu is putting a damper on that for sure)

My goals (calling them resolutions are setup for failure) are:
ā€¢ Get back to basics. Near zero carb (success since Tuesday)
ā€¢ start a daily exercise routine (was doing good till the flu hitā€¦ will resume when better)
ā€¢ swear off ALL sweetener for good, just like sugar (success since Tuesday)
ā€¢ stop self destructing. Maybe set a goal thatā€™s harder to obtain and hide the scale for awhile.
ā€¢ start incorporating more fasting (the flu actually helped a little in that one. IF for the last 18 hours lol)

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #29
  1. Fasting. I did a lot of research on Keto before starting, but not so much on fasting. Iā€™d like to start with IF, and then get into EF. My goal is to be able to do an EF by June.

2. Getting my gf to start Keto. She said sheā€™s open to it, but is confused about the food. Iā€™ll be moving in at the end of June, so Iā€™ll be the official Keto cook. She has a family history of Alzheimerā€™s and Iā€™m hoping Keto can help her in that sense.

3. Exercising. Iā€™m currently about 20 lbs from goal weight, but I need to tone up. My goal is to start a solid exercise routine by the end of February.

4. Stop obsessing over the scale. I have a bad habit of checking my weight every single day, and being disappointed if I didnā€™t lose anything.

(less is more, more or less) #30

Iā€™ll be ā€œchecking my headā€ in 2019. My body is continually changing, and so too I must adapt. I suspect portion control will be front and center since my ghrelins are more like gremlins.

Oneā€™s form, whether sit-up, pushup or plank, is critical. As a Y member, I can always ask a staff member to check my form for me. Any worthwhile gym should have helpful and well-trained staff members for this. The other important factor is age. As an old man, I cannot do what I did three decades ago. A green 20-something staff member may take this for granted.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #31

Yes. Ditch the scale.

Again, smart move.

Ladies, I own a shotgun. Meet me out in the field and throw it high up in the air like a skeet shoot. I will blow it away for you. Youā€™re welcome.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

No shit right? Which brings me to my resolution which is not a resolution at all just a goal for 2019. In 2019 I plan to break my 810 pound record on the free weight leg press and reach 900 if Iā€™m able. And I really truly think that I am. Why? Because I am a major hard ass. And I mean that literally LOL

(Joanna Parszyk ) #33

In my case my NY resolution start today.

What l want to improve in 2019:
Go back to solid fasting ( maybe from 16:8 to 18:6) or simply OMAD.
Give a good try to ZC for at least a month.
Limit or eliminate totallydairy and nuts.
Keep up with my gym routine and improve the technique of my Thai Boxing.
Keep fighting of depression with Keto.

(less is more, more or less) #34

Yea, nuts are lethal for me. But why diary? Why does dairy have a bad rap?

(Karen) #35

I like the planks better. Crunches and sit ups Seem to be harder to do correctly. I just find that my shoulder hurts when I do planks.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #36

Oh my God I remember the fish. It was so good. I have a decent keto deep fried fish recipe with breading.

(less is more, more or less) #37

Videos, please. Is there such a thing as a scale-trebuchet?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #38

I never make them because I choose lofty and difficult ones (like going to lose all my weight so I can wear a bikini by summer) and inevitably fail.

Iā€™m going with something reasonable like: do a better job of planning and prepping food and trying new stuff so I donā€™t eat the same keto things all the time and eventually burn out on it.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto šŸ˜) #39

I would love nothing more :grin:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #40

A couple of reasons. It is definitely linked to inflammation in some people. And also certain people react more insulin-wise with the milk sugar lactose. Itā€™s all very individual you have to see what works for you. I havenā€™t tried giving up dairy myself as I donā€™t want to,
but if I ever discovered I needed to I would keep an open mind about it. Certainly if it causes a problem reducing it should help.

Butter and ghee have trace amount if any at all. Heavy cream also is very low in milk sugar (lactose) if thatā€™s the issue