Anyone have a good use for bacon fat?

It seems to be accumulating in my 'fridge for some reason, and I’m sure it would be good in some sort of recipe.

Cook everything in it! Eggs, More bacon, crispy chicken thighs, savory fat bombs, dump on veggies in place of butter etc.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

Baconaise! Confit! Deep Fry!

(George) #4

I pour hot bacon fat on my steaks. Deeelicous

(Ian) #5

OMG, fry up those scrumptious little green morsels of loveliness called Brussels Sprouts in bacon fat and float off to Nirvana …I may be exaggerating slightly, but damn good nonetheless…

(Libby) #6

Tonight I stuffed some jalapenos (fresh from the garden. I’m only going to eat vegies when they come from my garden. :))

Anyways, I mixed a package of cream cheese, finely diced sweet onion (from garden) and some really nice white cheddar. Halved and seeded the jalapenos, put the mix in them and laid them face up in hot bacon grease. I threw the lid on for about a third of the cooking. There was a lot of competition for the “extras”. I wish I had remembered to sprinkle them with fresh cilantro. Next time! Maybe tomorrow!

(Libby) #7

Also, if you are having a hard time getting the bonfire to light, throw your old bacon grease on the wood and try again…

(Full Metal KETO AF) #8

Strip down, rub it all over your skin and howl at the moon. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Libby) #9

A little dancing doesn’t hurt, bacon grease keeps the thighs from rubbing…

(Carl Keller) #10

(Full Metal KETO AF) #11

@CarlKeller Is that really a thing? Now I am excited, that’s great for a romantic encounter! Get the bedroom smelling like :bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon: :cowboy_hat_face:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #12

I mean who WOULDN’T be in the mood with a bacon candle burning in the room? :drooling_face::joy:

(Carl Keller) #13

Apparently burning the candle doesn’t make the room smell like bacon but I don’t really want a candle that causes an insulin spike. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

Come on @CarlKeller, there are things in life that are worth an insulin spike. Like a bacon aroma intoxicated sexual encounter! It’s also the best flavored lubricant!
:bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::wink:

:cowboy_hat_face:

(less is more, more or less) #15

<solemnly lights bacon candle.>

I light this votive to commemorate all the bacon I could have had for all these decades.

Damn you, Ancel Keys, Damn you.

(Steve) #16

Fried Green Tomatoes
Salt tomatoes
Dip in egg wash
Dip into crushed pork rinds/Parmesan mixture
Fry in lots of bacon grease

(Bunny) #17

I store it in the fridge and cook with it later!

(Raj Seth) #18

You know that bacon grease, tallow and lard do NOT need to be refrigerated, right? I keep mine in mason jars next to the stove where the safflower oil bottle used to be. The tallow, I keep in a stock pot, with a tight lid, and just throw it on the stove for deep frying. Then, sieve the crud out, back in the pot, and into the cupboard. 6-8 months later - none the worse for wear.

Yay for stable fats.

(Marianne) #19

Wow; very appetizing! I am envious of all you members who cook like this. Although I love our meals, I usually just cook some meat and eat with a simple veggie and butter or cole slaw.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #20

I put a cold lump in a baking tray in the oven, wait for it to melt, then toss in veggies so they can roast in the bacon fat. My absolute favorite is broccolini, but it’s a little pricey so I usually roast broccoli or cauliflower in my bacon fat. It’s also amazing for stir fries or scrambled eggs.