Anyone feel like fasting?

fasting
extendedfast

(What The Fast?!) #21

Me too!!! This is only my second extended fast - right now, they’re still tough but everyone talks about how amazing it feels so I’m stoked to work on my fasting muscles! :muscle:

(eat more) #22

yes! fasted training is ridiculously amazing

(KCKO, KCFO) #23

I am planning to end my eating phase with dinner tonight. Going for at least 72 hrs. If not hungry then will extend until I feel like eating again. Will be doing chicken bone broth, tea/coffee w/t.melted coconut oil, and water. I learned on my last fast I do best if I keep taking all my supplements. Calcium, mag. fish oil, turmeric, and probiotics.

I had gone down 8 lbs. this last fast, some was regained after the first longer one, I have put back only 3 lbs this time, so am going to try and keep my downward momentum going,

(Shelley) #24

What are you consuming on your fast? Just water or broth or both? You have me wanting to do this now!

(James storie) #25

I normally just do black coffee, water, and salt. This time I think I will try to do just water and salt. I recently heard that even black coffee could stop autography (I don’t know if I spelled that right).

(eat more) #26

autophagy
tell me more about this black coffee stopping stuff… :blush:

(James storie) #27

I heard something about it last week, then I was listening to the latest podcast from fasting talk and it was the final question. Something about black coffee activating enzymes in the liver. Megan said that for their patients with cancer, they fast them with only salt and water. Maybe we’ll see some research on this soon.

(James storie) #28

Considering that autophagy is the main reason I EF, this is worth trying.

(What The Fast?!) #29

Ummm…going to the gym sounds awful right now. I feel super drained and low energy (which never happens). Maybe no TRX tonight…we’ll see.

(What The Fast?!) #30

I wonder If the keto-aide does the same thing.

(James storie) #31

I wouldn’t think so, but I don’t know. I think keeping your electrolytes balanced is important. I’m not going to stop taking my magnesium supplement.

(eat more) #32

goooo!
you can leave if you don’t feel better

(KCKO, KCFO) #33

I just listened to that podcast this afternoon, teas and coffees will get broken down in our systems eventully into sugar is what she said, I think she means glucose :). For losing weight, T2D control, etc. some coffee,& tea are fine. But for cancer, they do salt and water. If you want the autophagy it must be the water/salt only protocol.

I’m still wanting to lose weight so coffee with coconut oil is still on my menu with bone broth if needed. I have needed less and less of it as I flex my fasting muscle :coffee:

(What The Fast?!) #34

I went, I went!!! Happy I did! Not the best workout of my life, but solid! I’m about to make dinner for my b/f and some tea for me. Maybe bone broth? I dunno, I feel like it’s just going to make me want dinner.

(eat more) #35

good job!
you feel better than you did right?

(What The Fast?!) #36

Totally! Thanks for the motivation. :slight_smile: Honestly - just telling someone I’m going to the gym is accountability enough.

(Tom Seest) #37

I’m currently at 61 hours. Not sure yet when I will end it. My heart rate numbers are a little higher than I’d like, but that is typical for this time period so I’m not worried.

(Tom Seest) #38

Irony of ironies. Last night, my wife wanted to go to the local $2.00 movie which is held in a rehabbed, historical theater. So, I agreed to take her and our 9 year old. The evening’s $2.00 movie was this:

Not necessarily the best movie to sit through while fasting, but it did remind me of why I’m here…

(What The Fast?!) #39

Hahahaha!! I could easily ketoify that chocolate river.

(What The Fast?!) #40

34 hours in and feeling strong! My first fast was 38 hours, so I’m almost there. Going to go to yoga tonight and either make it to 46 hours (if I eat tonight) or 62 (if I wait til lunch tomorrow)!