Any yummy salad recipes?

I am not able to cook in my current living space, but it is also SUPER hot, so I am not too bothered by it. I have been cooking at my partner’s house every week, but I won’t be able to do that for the next 2. I do have access to a microwave and fridge, thankfully! I am looking for dairy-free keto-friendly salads (ie. seafood salads, broccoli salads, cauliflower salads, etc). I have already found a few, but many include cheese and sour cream, so I was wondering if anyone had any go-to keto recipes without dairy that are still high in fat.

Greek salad. I put feta cheese on mine but you could leave it off. Between the olives and the dressing there should be a good amount of fat.

(hottie turned hag) #3

@curlybri are you down with dressings that may contain some dairy? If so I can tell you of a kickass shredded cabbage thing I make.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

@DoggieMom makes cauliflower and egg salad a lot.

I like tuna salad with chopped up fresh sauerkraut in it.

If you’re cooking bacon in the microwave you can make a wilted salad.

You can make coleslaw with a mayo or oil & vinegar based dressing. Add some chopped nuts if you like.

If you buy a cooked chicken you can do stuff with the meat. Chicken salad of course, or add it to green salad like a Greek, Cobb or Chef salad, or Taco salad with some avocado, salsa, boiled eggs, pickled jalapeños, a little red onion.

I hope that helps. :cowboy_hat_face:

No, dairy makes me sick now unfortunately. :frowning_face: It sucks because I used to rely pretty heavily on cheese and salad dressing.

(Georgia) #6

I had an amazing shrimp stuffed avocado salad in Mexico. I think it had sour cream in the dressing, but there seem to be a lot of recipes on the web that could be made dairy free.

Can you post it? Im up for all cabbage recipes!! Thanks!

We just had a lobster salad stuffed avocado. I am thinking that a keto version of YUM YUM sauce and fresh seafood stuffed into an avocado would be delicious as well. Just sub in mayo.

(hottie turned hag) #9

@Tyme_Evenson it’s really a coleslaw

In bowl:
angel hair shredded cabbage, comes in bags ready to go.
Diced green bell pepper
diced cuke :cucumber:
scallions
celery diced small
celery seed
s & p :salt:
bottled cucumber dressing,I like Buttermilk Fields brand for this. Add dash wine vinegar. Not too much, more a light coating, not heavy, weighs it down.

Mix well. Nothing else to it. This particular veg combo is so fresh-tasting and the texture is crisp as heck. Looks pretty too, all shades of green.

(hottie turned hag) #10

@curlybri oh I feel ya, I had to give up cheese :blue_heart: to break a stall. I miss it like it was an only child at sleepaway camp.

The above cabbage thing can be made with a vinaigrette; I’d add diced small dill pickles in that case.

Seafood stuffed avocado sounds SO good! I was going to make a seafood salad anyway, and that adds to the fat. Thanks so much!

Thank you! I have been eating angel hair cabbage slaw myself for the past couple of days, so it is definitely delicious! I made a creamy “vinaigrette” of avocado oil, acv, and mayo, and it is super yummy!
Also the sleepaway camp simile resonates SO MUCH! I miss it!!!

(hottie turned hag) #13

@curlybri Only one of my four went to sleepaway, it was a camp for kids with Crohn’s (she developed it at age 10) and it near killed me :dizzy_face:

(Bob M) #14

I often have a “seafood” “salad” with, say, shrimp, mussels, other fish, anchovies, EVOO, red wine and apple cider vinegar. No vegetables.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

I made this just now! Delicious. :man_cook:t3:

I can only imagine how rough that would be! My mom was like that, too, but I was always ready to go off on adventures, so I think she adjusted over time. Hopefully you will, too :heart:

I am planning to make a shrimp, crab, and lobster salad today! I know shellfish is pretty carb-heavy, though. How many are in your salad per serving?

THAT sounds amazing! I REALLY love Greek pasta salad, and I didn’t even think about making it with zucchini. I am definitely doing this! Thank you!

Those shellfish are low in carbs.(Imitation is a different story.) Enjoy!

For some reason, I thought they actually contained carbs versus other meats that are 0. Is that not true?
ETA: As a MD native, I would NEVER eat imitation!!! :nauseated_face: