Another Vegan Thread

community
veganism

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #21

Whatever.

Bacon in the USA can be pretty toxic.

I say the aunt was mad because she couldn’t resist the smell of deliciousness, and deep down she knows she wants it.

B12.

Plants often need some processing outside the body to make them edible or digestible.

Fermentation is a favoured food creation process. We ask an external biome of fungi and bacteria to make plants less toxic and more tasty and nutritious before we eat them. One person’s contamination is another person’s food processing.

(Bunny) #25

What are the pigs fed? Nothing on the label about that. But all the rest is quite a list.

In the second half of the Biohackers Lab podcast interview with the croissants diet guy he talks about the common pig feed used in the USA from some time (he mentioned a President’s name whose administration made the changes).

(Bunny) #27

I do wonder how safe croissants are?

Former champion boxer dies during croissant-eating competition in Argentina:

• Mario ‘Heavy Blow’ Melo, 56, choked as pastry dough fatally lodged in his throat
  • The 1990 light-heavyweight world title challenger was on his third croissant
  • Several men tried to save his life as he tried gasping for air in front of the crowd
  • People across Pinamar are devastated by the loss of the helpful, happy boxer

This is the harrowing moment horrified onlookers try to save the life of a former champion boxer who collapsed and died during a croissant-eating competition.

Several men surround Argentinian Mario Melo to try to dislodge the food stuck in his throat after he suffered complications during the contest to see who could eat the most croissants in a minute on Sunday in the city of Pinamar. …More

Eating is not a competition

Why is this vegan thriving?

(Bunny) #31

He and/or she probably eats the proper amount of protein?

[1]”…Sources of nitrogen intake include meat, dairy, eggs, nuts and legumes, and grains[2] and cereals[2]. …” …More

[2] “…Whole grains left intact, rather than ground into flour, appear to lead to higher production of short - chain fatty acids. Another food used by good bacteria to produce short - chain fatty acids is resistant starch (MY FAVORITE :joy:), which comes from cooked cornmeal[3], potatoes[3], pasta[3], and other starches. …” …More

[3] …problem is people eat too much of it to get any benefits?

[4] Definitely need algae or fish (marine life) in the diet? The human brain is a ball of omega 3 fats especially DHA which you can only get from human breast milk or marine life. The brain needs it especially when we are infants. The brain won’t develop properly without it.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #32

Why does every position have to have an anti-position? I never think about vegans until I pop onto this forum and am reminded that they exist.

I’m not religious but I don’t hate Christians. I’m not political but I don’t hate politicians. Looking for a group of people to hate is a choice.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #33

Exactly, beautifully said. I’ve always had the mindset that everyone should just do what makes them happy, as long as what they are doing doesn’t cause harm to anyone else. I literally could care less how others choose to live their lives. If you don’t like the vegan way of eating, don’t follow the vegan way of eating. If you don’t like religion, don’t go to church. If you don’t like same sex marriage, don’t marry someone of the same sex. It really is that simple. Other people choose to complicate topics like these by trying to push their own position onto others. Live your life. Let other people live their lives. MIND YA BUSINESS :joy: ok, Sunday morning rant over

hops off soapbox

(Susan) #34

@PetaMarie and @beccs

Bravo Ladies --I love both of your posts.

I personally am busy enough trying to get my own Keto done properly for me and getting my own body in shape and healthy, etc --to be worried about what eating lifestyle the rest of the world is doing.

I am very happy to share on here and in other places what has been working or not been working for me, in an effort to give ideas/suggestions to others what may or may not assist them in their Keto journey, though, but that is because they are seeking Keto information.

My kids have some friends that are vegetarian and/or vegans, and I don’t preach Keto at them or belittle or criticize their way of eating at all. The ones I know in real life have not preached their WOW at me either, and have been respectful of my Keto, so I think it is just the radical people that want these wars between situations -whether it be WOW’s, politics, religion or various beliefs.

It is awesome to support each other on here, I love this forum. I do get annoyed with people coming on here and telling us Keto is wrong; I feel that they are disrespecting the forum and us by doing so, and that they should be on a forum of their WOW cheering those people on. I would also find it misdirected and wrong for a Keto follower to go on their forums and be annoying and tell them their way of eating is wrong. People need to respect other’s views.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #35

Amen, Susan

The vegan who started the linked thread was given the troll tag and sent from the forums. But he was showing some view points that are interesting to compare to what we think we know.

The way we can work out a position is to reflect on and observe the position of others. That way we can not feel lost. Many commentators here in the forum and in the blogs and podcasts observe that vegans and ketocarnivores are “kissing cousins”. In that the groups of people are curious about their diet and skeptical about the mainstream dietary advice. When they change their eating to the way of eating du jour and within the range of their curiosity bubble, they find health improvements. The human world benefits.

I think the tolerance view is great. But it is just as interesting to be curious about humans trying different things. And if we revert to ancestral style inquisitiveness, some of us poke the interesting thing to see what happens. If a surprising reaction occurs, there is the potential for joy, or a laugh. But hopefully to learn something… (for example the dietary fibre debate is not yet settled).

The other knock on effect of veganisn, or keto, is that people unaware of either get to discover both. The innovators mash them together and call the result something new (appealing to novelty). That’s termed creativity. Through that and the gradual discovery of self, they (the nutritional self explorer) can work out where on the rainbow they most comfortably sit. :rainbow:

Vegans. Bleck.
Whatever.
Just don’t preach it or keep trying to change policies that take the livilhood from ranchers and more. Too fanatical in ‘their diet’ choice if ya ask me.
You don’t see us carnivores going out and campaigning for all kale farms to be closed :slight_smile: Annoying as heck but hey, groups will tackle whatever issues in life, gonna happen, go for it but there will always be opposition for sure so suck it up buttercup. Opposition will always be out there for every issue in life :slight_smile:

(Jane Srygley) #39

When I was a vegetarian and wanna be vegan, I NEVER preached to anyone or told people that they were wrong for eating meat. My niece recently complained about vegans who do that and said, “I know that’s something you would never have done.”

What I noticed is that I would get treated like crap by meat eaters just by letting them know that I was a vegetarian. One idiot put a fork into his steak and asked, mockingly, “Does this bother you?”

Bottom line, vegans don’t exactly have a monopoly on dickish behavior. Every group/classification of humans on the planet has a plethora of dicks among them :roll_eyes:

agreed absolutely!! but it is taken to levels of political ramifications

I think that is the difference. ahole dick moves vs. policy change that effect others in their personal life choices. The fur starts to fly more then :slight_smile:

(Jane Srygley) #41

Right and we definitely need to fight it at that level. I read an excerpt of The Big Fat Surprise by Nina Techoltz years ago and am reading the whole book now. I think we who get the whole ancestral eating thing and realize how flawed Ancel Keys’s research was have a duty to educate the public. We don’t have to be dicks about it though :rofl: