Another Vegan Thread

community
veganism

Life is too short for oatmeal and spinach… :wink: we are feasting like kings :slight_smile:

Vegans are nice people. Good-hearted and caring in my experience. Anxious about the world around them and have, despite a great deal of passion, a proclivity for non-violence. :broccoli:

I see you hiding in the enchanted broccoli forest from the Moosewood cookbook.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #12

Maybe so. Even so, eventually religious fanatics get intolerant of those who don’t buy into their line.

(Troy) #13

Caught me😳

Cover exposed. Drats!
Just soiled my vegan leather running pants
Oh well

Fruit leather is a sticky situation in humid climes.

I understand what you are saying.

Equally, not all vegans are fanatics.

In any claim staked (“steaked”) in a nutritional identity we will witness passion and fervour. Some is from the good of sharing a personal discovery (1). Some is restructured in terms of identity, ideology and belief. (Have you (collective) ever been tempted to buy a t-shirt that proclaims your nutrition bias?)

The ones that get my goat :goat: are the ones who court publicity or celebrity by appealing to the worst in human psychology. The ones that make bold unsubstantiated claims. Or the ones that get shouty and bully goat gruff. These specimens exist in each spectrum :rainbow: of nutritional health pursuit.

Shouty vegans, shouty CICOs (psychos), grunty paleos, slightly vociferous vegos, loud low carbers, [add your own] and keto krazies. Once in a while one just has to cross to the other side of the path to find a more TRANQUIL WAY!

Please give back my goat.

I WANTED TO TYPE THIS WHOLE COMMENT IN ALL CAPS but that would be too shouty.

1. No one wants to hear it

(Bunny) #16

…The political is turned inside-out and becomes interpersonal?..lol

I like to think I am really open-minded in most cases, including food and I saw so many things.
So I can imagine (not the right word, it’s a guess using my experiences, not actually imagining it and thinking it possible) she likes that food. Maybe her tastebuds doesn’t (but that’s possible too) but some people are extremely good at manipulating themselves, it often happens with food. I imagine some interesting mental gymnastics.
People do love oatmeal and spinach (not necessarily together, I never heard about that, raw or not raw). I dislike both and together it sounds pretty bad but still way better than chicken feet all alone and people LOVE that in this country (many people do and many people get freaked out. it’s not even food, it has nothing just not too tempting skin and bones and claws!) but I like things others couldn’t stomach too. We are different. And we all should accept that. I mean your friend, of course, it’s a natural thought you consider that food NOT good at all :smiley: It’s surely not for you or me or most people… Bacon and eggs sounds way more nutritious too but it was only just one meal…

Vegans are people, there are good and horrible ones alike among them. There are wonderful, nice ones but many are extremely hateful, closed-minded arrogant morons. They love to think they are great and others are ignorant fools living in sin. Once I saw a vegan blog where the worst type vegans came together and praised their woe and talked about others with disdain. I am lucky as my other encounters were positive but it seems it really was luck, there are lots of bad ones. And they are louder so even if most vegans are nice, it doesn’t seem so. But I believe most are more or less okay :slight_smile:
I basically like vegans and their dishes too, I even eat some very low-carb ones sometimes but I cook carbier ones as well.
And I laugh at their insane ideas when they try to make fake baked meat from watermelon or bacon from rice paper. I am all for fun and experiments and certain crazy things may work but there are limits. But sane vegans can eat their plants normally, behave with others normally and the smart ones probably likes facts, not dogmas.

(Rebecca ) #19

[quote=“Keto6468, post:7, topic:97953”]
She ordered oatmeal and stirred raw spinach into it and tried to convince me that it was delicious. :nauseated_face:

Let’s see…Bacon & Eggs V Oatmeal & Spinach? Bacon & Eggs for the WIN!!

(Karen) #20

I don’t mind what people eat. I just wish I didn’t need to be pummeled with judging disapproval for my choices. :unamused:

I know she’s worried for my health. Me too.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #21

Whatever.

Bacon in the USA can be pretty toxic.

I say the aunt was mad because she couldn’t resist the smell of deliciousness, and deep down she knows she wants it.

B12.

Plants often need some processing outside the body to make them edible or digestible.

Fermentation is a favoured food creation process. We ask an external biome of fungi and bacteria to make plants less toxic and more tasty and nutritious before we eat them. One person’s contamination is another person’s food processing.

(Bunny) #25

What are the pigs fed? Nothing on the label about that. But all the rest is quite a list.

In the second half of the Biohackers Lab podcast interview with the croissants diet guy he talks about the common pig feed used in the USA from some time (he mentioned a President’s name whose administration made the changes).

(Bunny) #27

I do wonder how safe croissants are?

Former champion boxer dies during croissant-eating competition in Argentina:

• Mario ‘Heavy Blow’ Melo, 56, choked as pastry dough fatally lodged in his throat
  • The 1990 light-heavyweight world title challenger was on his third croissant
  • Several men tried to save his life as he tried gasping for air in front of the crowd
  • People across Pinamar are devastated by the loss of the helpful, happy boxer

This is the harrowing moment horrified onlookers try to save the life of a former champion boxer who collapsed and died during a croissant-eating competition.

Several men surround Argentinian Mario Melo to try to dislodge the food stuck in his throat after he suffered complications during the contest to see who could eat the most croissants in a minute on Sunday in the city of Pinamar. …More

Eating is not a competition

Why is this vegan thriving?