Another Carnivore Thread

(Elizabeth ) #1967

You’re absolutely right, wise of you to pick up on that none of these tests are done in a carnivore cohort and the whole high protein causing calcium leaching has been debunked

(Elizabeth ) #1968

I am so happy for you that you are getting changes!! Brain fog will lift and the clarity you will get, you will love :wink: Don’t worry not all changes come at the same time for all of us so you just hold the course and even more great changes will come to you!

Alcohol is tough for alot of zc people. I know I boozed down big time LOL Our bodies treat it as a poison truly and each of us can get away with this or that but it is a personal call on what you do drink and how much. Beer tears me up also. Rare occasions I have beer just the instant bloat from 1 is enough to make me stop. I do rum. That is all I drink anymore and can only handle a way smaller amt then my old party days :slight_smile: So just experiment a bit on what works for you and in the end just go by how you do on it all.

You appetite you said is all over the place. Absolutely normal. One can eat til the cows come home or not be hungry at all and you just eat as your body asks. 3 months in and you will find a new normal zc lifestyle and it will do wonders for you!

Great post to read!

LOL I know this well. I am a very fast type A person and I ‘calmed’ down considerably also. I truly think it was some foods I ditched…no idea, like some plants and chem crap processed foods probably had me hyped and out of hormone balance etc…ZC has changed that for me also and I know it! Very cool you are getting that great experience also…natural life who we were meant to be, not whacked out on plant toxins and chemical sludge they call food nowadays LOL
Happy to read you are doing so well on zc SB!!

Just chugging along. Nothing much to write about.

I just eat all the zc foods I want…when I want, and don’t eat when not hungry and life marches on and I feel wonderful!

I love love love reading about the new experiences the other’s are receiving holding on the zc plan. Carnivore all the way baby!! It is exciting reading improvements and new changes and new benefits and more for newer zc people.

Ya’ll are ‘getting it’ and ‘feeling it’ and ‘knowing’ the real changes. Commit to time on plan gives us so much and it is always thrilling to read the new changes and how well people are doing on plan!! Thanks for sharing the great changes. Keep on rockin’ out zc!!

(Edward) #1972

The hardest thing about ketogenic eating (and being more healthy in general) for me is not drinking much beer.

You have to remember too that being in ‘active ketosis’ is not a goal while being a carnivore. We don’t strive or manipulate to be ‘in active ketosis’ and many zc people are not in active ketosis. And the longer one is a ketone burning body, the ketones are used up way different and function differently and could easily keep us out of ‘registering in active ketosis’ but this means nothing to a carnivore. ZC is not about striving for active ketosis, if one requires that for whatever reason, one would lean towards the PKD Protocol.

So being kicked out of ketosis drinking some beer kinda means nothing to us zc people at all…what is the key is drinking beer is sucking down plants. Plants are the enemy to our bodies and alcohol is also a toxin to the body so you get a double whammy on that one adding it back into your life. Again, key for us is what little we might add back in for our comfort thru life, we can tell very fast if we react. Beer tears up the insides, we know what we added back was a doozy LOL and we have to drop it and find other zc alternatives. We know beer is not ever a zc choice truly and for obvious reasons but as a lifestyle we do need to find ways to make it work for each of us personally. And longer on zc one might just drop alcohol cause alot of us tend to do just that or walk alot farther away from it.

Refrigerator update…The new one will be delivered this Saturday. Thank you, Home Depot.
Fridge refund, who knows. Food spoilage refund, who knows.

I’ve got today off, so, I might road trip down to Marquette and do a bit of shopping. Need canning jars for pressure canning, as we are butchering another cow on Saturday. And no need for worry or concern over when or where to eat. Why? Because carnivore. :grinning:

AMEN TO THAT!!!

(Polly) #1976

Hallelujah!! So pleased to hear the fridge is close to being delivered. It will seem like magic to have refrigeration again.

(Edith) #1977

I hope all goes as planned.

Me too. I’ll be at work all day… Hubby and one of the boys will be here to deal with it. Annnnd, at the same time, our guy is coming out to slaughter one of our cows. Fingers and toes crossed!

ohh big fresh supply of beef! a fridge and beef…you in heaven lady!! HA

Well, today is the day. Refrigerator delivery day, that is. Wish I was going to be here, but, I ended up on the schedule at work. I could really handle having today off. Two nights ago, I went to bed (or tried to anyway) with a migraine. Aunt Flo is on day 9 working some sort of horrible dark mojo on my cycle- making it worse and worse. While hubby was on his overnight trip Thursday night, the cramps and flo got so bad - it felt like I was having a miscarriage. (I lost twins in 2014, so I know what that feels like). Hubby thought I might need to go to the hospital. I just popped a few ibuprofen and tried to sleep. Was supposed to work 830 to 5 yesterday. I decided maybe I should fast, so I joined the Zorn fast for August. Turns out that was not my best and brightest idea, considering I was eating ibuprofen like Tic Tacs. I went in- migraine, cramps, bleeding and all- and boy- does that sort of thing affect job performance! I couldn’t handle working in the pharmacy for even half an hour…the bright lights, the computer, reading Rxs…yeah. Not good. I took myself out of there real quick.

Attempted working on stock, and helping a few customers. I left around 4pm, brought home some chicken, ate a little to calm my stomach, and went to bed. Today, the headache is better, but cramps are still there. Apparently, perimenopausal episodes like this are a real thing.

I’m working until 5 or 6 today, so, we’ll see how that goes. Today is the second anniversary of my brother’s untimely death and its been an emotional few days leading up to it. The thoughts, feelings, memories - (or nightmares one might say), all very real and upsetting. Still having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that he is gone. Food used to be my go-to feel better method of dealing with things. I’ve worked so hard at trying to make fasting my new method of dealing with it. I know he’d be proud of me - just hard not having him here. Well, I shall go make the best of things, and try to work though Aunt Flo’s bad visit. Not sure if I will eat, or not. Just kinda rolling with the day.
Carnivore on, my peeps!

just never get truly hungry ya know…nibble meat all the time if needed and I sure feel for ya thru those symptoms with Flo and more. Holy cow that has to stink for sure. I was lucky, I was a very easy ‘montly gal’ and never had these troubles ever. But I know some go into horrible land on it so I hope you do well thru it all.

So sorry to hear about your bro’s passing. I know it is emotional when someone young is taken and I again, wish you peace and serendity thru it all. Life marches all over us and everyone, we adapt best we can and deal all we can and I hope you have better days coming!!

fridge day!!! Heck I am so excited and it ain’t my fridge, but super excited for you LOL

So off reading the rest of the forum.

omg I am so happy I am zc and just go with nature and never think ‘diet crap’ again. I am SO friggin’ over it all…I love the natural of life and let nature and food fix me without the ‘microscopic BS’ that one thinks they can apply to their bodies and get on demand results. Don’t work that way, never will. You are what you eat, simple as that and of course it means alot if we have med troubles and more in our lives…what we eat will cure to make worse. So everyone pick their lane and chat out all the dieting info that is useless out there or go into a world of results like the zc plan. results without working at it or going crazy over kcals or insulin chat or amino acid chat or fasting chat and more. Useless. Food cures if you do it right and zc gives us what we require. Don’t get me wrong, a great Keto Plan or good LC plan easily can give improvements and more without having to ‘micro down the science of any calorie or nutrient’ involved and make one go crazy on that kinda chat which in the end, means really nothing to me personally. I want results, the best of the best from any plan I am on and do just that. Eat and heal. Eat and thrive. After that I don’t care how a kcal burns in my body LOL

I did all that research in the older days but now…omg let it go for me and don’t look back. So over ‘dieting chat’ ever.

just me and how I feel about it all.

zc simplicity is key and science I researched easily backs up my zc plan so…life is great ya know HAHA I just eat and feel wonderful and have absolute noticeable improvements and benefits in my life…so simple yet so hard for many to ever understand. Oh well…we zc people found what works for us and our victories are clear for us…zc on everyone!!

Tv show…Alone. 100 days in the Artic. 1 mil. money prize who makes it.

cool

hunting is needed obvy.

Interesting thing is rabbits are key for one contestant.
She says her hares were keeping her well fed TIL THAT point where she is starving. ‘rabbit starvation’, just not enough fat.

for every hare she eats now she is getting hungrier by the minute.

SO FAT IS KEY to life people. She wants to fish more but ice freezing up etc. and can’t get that extra oily fat from the fish she requires.

One other contestant got a Musk Ox…by bow. And then had to slit the throat with his knife as it was thrashing down and finish it off. Wild show, love it LOL but he is thriving. He got fat, brain, all of this monster musk ox and is doing great while the chick with the rabbits is finding, while she has good food thru her 2-3 hares she is getting in her snare traps are feeding her, she is getting hungrier.

So…moral of this whole thing. Fat is key with our protein. We must keep fat content high to thrive. Very important for us zero carb/carnivore eaters. It is the fat/protein combo that is life. Without one or the other we wither more. We don’t require 1 carb for life to thrive but we require fat and protein in good ratios to ‘thrive’ and not just survive ya know.

anyway, just chatting and saying cause while chick is eating rabbit and the other guy got a musk ox…ox man is doing well and chick is craving fat for survival.

shows so much ya know. I doubt the ‘masses watching this show’ will ever ‘get it’ but I sure do.

just something to talk about :slight_smile: something different that shows why fat and protein is key in life and we need both so any zc people, make sure you don’t go leaner all the time and keep that fat up. Extremely important for us!!

(Kristen Ann) #1984

Hi Fangs. Do you mix it with anything?

Yeah I’m right there with you.

I may have to go this route eventually, but I’m seeing positive changes with carnivore despite having consistently higher blood glucose than on keto and ketones are always in the 0.1-0.2 range. I think that’s why I have the brain fog, but hoping it clears up like you said.

Yes, this! You get it Fangs. At this point don’t care about ketosis since my ketones are low anyways. I care about the havoc the beer is doing to me. Got SUPER sick last time I drank beer (empty stomach). Like crying sick. Then I think about the anti-nutrients beer has like oxalates, gluten, etc and am like well I just poisoned myself what did I expect… I think even if I go back to keto I’m going to struggle to convince myself that any plant matter is “good” for us.

sometimes a shot when I don’t wanna go into my other…which is, yea, I mix rum with the ‘tiniest bit of sugar free cheap azz store brand’ fruit punch powder. I put a baby shake into the glass, shwish with alot of water and add a heft azz ton of rum. I KNOW, I KNOW one can’t do fake sweetener with zc but I am way into years on plan and I can do this cause it doesn’t effect me other than I want a ‘drink’ cause I can’t do shots anymore older I get…and beer is off my table all the time as a go to unless on vacay I might do some and suffer!!..so when I do this I am so SUPER careful on that taste cause it sucks yet it gives me a ‘flavored drink mix’ I want to enjoy my rum drinks. And again, this don’t go down much anymore cause I am older and thru years of zc my alcohol requirement has gone down cause our bodies don’t want it…plus hitting onto 60 now I had my party days ya know and don’t need to go there as much LOL

thing with low level plant toxins are that who knows who you are----in that if you eat broccoli is that the bad one for ya personally or the good one cause ALL PLANTS work against you. Low level toxins in there but they provide some good but what is that ratio for your body??? In that if one veg robs and inflames, does the ‘good from the other veg ingested’ give that support again and makes things better, but what about the levels of toxins from that other support veg? I tell ya when you research them in depth they all suck LOL

Like I know I can eat mushrooms and feel wonderful but when I researched them in depth it is like…omg why bother? even if feeling wonderful with the bad they give ya does it ‘go down as an option’ for me? Again, these are super personal issues we all face.

Now if I eat lettuce my guts go wonky immediately so I know lettuce and the ‘all so damn great for ya leafy greens’ that are like super foods to some people but not ever in my life again and this again is where what is our bodies tolerance and what path do we wanna follow?

Add back broccoli for some and they suffer. Drink this or that and we suffer. Add back in something ‘we do OK ON’ and we think, wow I CAN HAVE that and do ok but if we search the info on what we are adding back and feel it is ok, then go for it if it makes life long term better but if, say one loves tomatoes and researches nightshades do you really wanna be eating that? Again super personal.

If one goes super low carb and not talking keto as in ‘being in active’ ketosis all the time, one can choose super low carb to make it work for them easily if they eliminate but in the end, once once learns what the plant toxins do to us internally…rob and give a bit…then how do we wanna roll?

I am all in ZC. I never luckily ever go bad in meat and seafood. Some find pork tough. Eggs can be allergy related. Dairy is oby but if I eat all the darn meat and seafood I love to every extreme known to mankind on any given day I thrive. Thrive!!! Add in other crap and I might crave, find myself wanting, not feeling tip top like zc gives me so I ‘truly see differences’ in me and thing is I FEEL them internally…

so it boils down to who is you, time on your plan eating changes and your experiments and how you need long term lifestyle changes to make it work long term.

If wanting back to keto and adding options in life is ok IF YOU do ok on them…but if you add back XYZ you need to do it slow and feel your insides ya know. Feel what it gives or takes and then we can make that long term lifestyle food plan for health that personally fits us.

Crying sick really told you alot K!! It means this one is not for you :slight_smile: and while it stinks, we all wanna go there at some point…you gotta always respect the truth on what food/drink does to you personally and go from there.

I got years into this walk but I listened ya know. Listened to what it takes for me. So you do that with you and that will never be wrong ever if you listen to what your body is asking. trial and error, works every time if we listen :slight_smile:

and unless one has an allergy/intolerance etc…which one learns, meat and seafood is the most whole foods that one is never inflamed internally while eating. Plants inflame and rob, yet meat/seafood won’t do that. It doesn’t take from your body ever, it only gives what natural life needs…

which is the final…why not 1 darn carb is never required by the body for survival in truth as a physical body. Meat/fat is life. Rest is fluff and how we react to it. You gotta find you in all of that small easy science truthfully and go from there :slight_smile:

To me you sound like a long term carnivore! With a few options in there that you will find you do best on and make this entire lifestyle work long term for you and never against you!!!

if you work your life into what suits you and for me it is 99.999% zero carb all the time ‘off crap’ but those few times in life we ‘go there’…then hell we are zero carb. Cause a carnivore will make it always work for them with with severe, big limits, personal to each of us…so you find you and you will be fab!!

(Polly) #1986

So sorry to hear about your emotional millstone. Such losses are hard to deal with and the feelings tend to come in waves which sometimes overwhelm everything else.

I am so excited for you that the fridge is coming today and hope it is all unpacked, plugged in and chilling by the time you get home from work.

The perimenopause can be hellish. You have my sympathies on that score too. FWIW, I found I bled much more freely and much worse when taking ibuprofen than with paracetamol (I think it may be acetaminophen where you are). I hope you can get some relief from the cramping pains and the heavy bleeding.