Another Carnivore Thread

(Scott) #1987

I gain about five pounds this weekend. I started eating out again and the got some Chinese take out on Thursday because the wife is sick of cooking. Even though I had chicken wings and boneless ribs I suspect that they snuck a lot of carbs in there. Not stressing about it and have lost a pound already so I will be fine in no time. It gets me thinking of how fast I would put weight on if I went back to SAD.

it would be so lightening fast how much would pile back it would be truly frightening! Not one doubt about that LOL

yea the wings sometimes are crispy breaded fried but they are breaded so lightly that sometimes I swear you can’t tell. I noticed one of my chinese joints around here had wings like that. And the boneless ribs, is it those red colored ones, just soaked in sugar solution sauce to give it that taste. And your sodium content…whew.

I bloat on chinese instantly also and I feel ya on how crappy food just ups the lbs in a flash.

Now, hmmm, Scott…emmm, hmm, can’t ya cook? HAHA :wink:

It will leave obviously but it will take a bit, you will lose like 3 lbs super fast but I swear those last few lbs will torture you a bit just to show ya they are the boss LOL Hang in there, you will live like ya said :sunny:

(Scott) #1989

Already three pounds down as of this morning without restricting calories. Me cook? Well heck yeah now that I eat meat. She is sick of ribeyes and eats a lot of veggies that she will not give up. She is ketoish but her chinese food that night wasn’t even close. She did what I call a “jump off” the next morning. That is she got on the scale and before the number settled she jumped off so it wouldn’t log it. She eats a lot more keto since that morning. Lol

you had me cracking up cause I did what she did back in the day :slight_smile: :sunny:

You know if you can get away with it then more power to ya cause if I could I would and darn if I didn’t try so hard thru the years.

I would be like I want chinese and then say, OK not one bite off plan for like another month at least and then the next day I would want pizza, and the next ice cream, and the next loaded fries…you know my sugar went wacky and my mind went insane in that I wanted ALL what I gave up…best course for me in the end was abstain and feed myself well, but darn I tried to be ‘one of those’ who can do that.

Let’s bet on how long the last 2 will take ya? At least 2 days I am thinking cause even if we eat clean the carbs ‘wreck us’ but that initial lbs of water weight drop fast. OK I am in for 2 days at least to be back to your normal low LOL

OH AND HOW did that chinese truly taste to you? Just wondering, was it that instant I want or more of a ‘hmm, this taste is weird and off now’?

(Scott) #1991

Being a meat eater that love ribeye steaks the Chinese didn’t really taste very good to me. The chicken wings both large but not meaty and as you suspected they probably had a thin coat of flour or breading. The boneless ribs had a sauce that tastes like candy so I didn’t finish those. I wasn’t totally craving Chinese but after this I am done with it. Last night I had a cheese burger on the grill with some mayo on the side because I didn’t want the keto meatballs that were in Rao’s sauce. Vary keto but not carnivore. Same weight as yesterday but should drop a pound tomorrow because I can feel it. Mind you that I don’t do any calorie restriction.

yea I hear ya on this. When I am zc early on and I ‘cheated’ a bit and had whatever food, it never truly tasted anything like what I loved in the past. Crap food stands out SO much when one cleans up their eating and knows good food. I also can’t go near Chinese again…family still sucks it down, omg I can barely stand to smell it.

This is good normal walks thru our zc journey ya know in that we are all human, at some point make whatever decisions and ‘taste’ back the old days and each time we do this and learn and know this junky food don’t set well with us, we make a giant leap forward. I left so much ‘beloved food behind’ but thru the years as I did take a bite or 2 of this or that I know it ‘ain’t beloved no more’ and is crap and I am SO at peace leaving it behind. Sometimes we do have to taste what we left behind to truly understand this and know that it will be an acceptable food to leave out of our lives forever.

Very smart on no kcal restrictions ever on ZC. Carnivores eat as needed all the time and let our natural eating patterns and healthy bodies tell us what we need and when we need it so you are right on point with that!!!

Rao’s sauce…I was a "Ragu’ gal til I dropped it and then one day when making it for the family I was licking the spoon and thought…omg the sugar content in this is thru the roof and it tastes like…tomatoe sweet plastic to me…I don’t know how to describe it but I knew right there I never needed a taste of sauce ever again in my life, I could happily never touch that junk again.

Cool post Scott! Shows you are walking thru what it takes for you thru your days and learning thru all of it as we all must…love it!

(Scott) #1993

And the last two pounds were gone this morning. I am once again back to my low weight since I gave up starvation.

yup, don’t need to ever starve but we sure ‘are what we eat’ :upside_down_face:

Glad you are in control and doing great and working it all to your best! Keep on truckin’!!

(Scott) #1995

Before I found keto I was able to lose 50 lbs. via calorie restriction and running 30 miles a week. As soon as I eased up I gained 30 pounds back. I lost 20 lbs. on keto and 10 more on carnivore so my target weight is only three pounds away!

Who knows? But you immediately gain some water so you can’t be sure you gained any fat or would gain or if you would be able to do SAD again to begin with. But seeing “SAD” is so odd to me every time. We all ate differently before (and I am an European anyway :D). And if we go back to some carbier woe, it probably won’t be the same as before but maybe it’s just me (and zillion other people, probably). High-fat lost its chance when I went low-carb and liked it. Of course, gaining fat on low-carb isn’t hard either, at least for me, under certain circumstances. Right now I couldn’t gain even on the highest-carb woe I would be able to do as I am in the state where I get satiated quickly, no matter what and my body don’t do magic, little food - no gain. But long-term it would change, carbs messes up things for me. So I would gain fat very slowly, not everyone can do it quickly.

So it’s quite individual, not just the person, the circumstances matter too. But we usually would gain back the fat if we went back to the exact same woe we left. I never entertained the idea to go back after I lose fat though it was mostly my hedonism. It would be pure loss, no win, not even in a single point. If I am crazy for something at some point, I can taste it, I don’t need to jump into the old woe.
Old woe means a carby one here as I can’t even do carnivore-ish now, longer term I mean. I just flirt with it and that’s cool :slight_smile: I love my carni days except the worrying about not eating enough, probably no problem but I am paranoid a tiny bit if it’s about my nutrients. But I probably couldn’t go back to high-carb if I wanted. I could do it “on” low-carb, for a day, maybe two. I could do it after I went keto too. I can’t imagine what the hell would I need to eat to reach that carb intake. It’s nearly impossible and won’t happen “accidentally”. But to get this, I needed my flirt with carnivore. I got so much benefits and I haven’t even started properly.

I feel your pain on the yo yo of it all.

I lost 70. gained 60 back.

lost like 50 of that and gained that 50 back.

then I hit extreme low carb and lost that 50 and am now losing my last 20 I want gone…all cause of zero carb. I feel like that original 70 will work all in this time for me!

And yes while losing those other lbs, I did darn starve me and rewarded myself and then punished myself…dieting nightmare. VLC and ZC is my savior and nice thing is I feel it deep down…even tho thinner on those other plans I never felt ‘all that great’ but on ZC I THRIVE with energy and more, all the while eating all I want…go figure LOL

Curious tho, are you still running at all or was that just used to lose lbs or is it a real hobby or more type situation you truly love? just wondering.

OOOOOooo! OoooO! ( Having a Horseshack moment there.) Boy oh boy! I came across the most fascinating albiet simple method to preserve fresh eggs withOUT using refrigeration! Since fresh eggs are a thing of abundance at our farm (and probably others here too), I have been going crazy trying to deal with them. Found on Youtube the Homesteading Family, and learned about water glassing the eggs. So, hydrated lime- 1 weighted ounce to 1 quart of water. Mix. Place UNWASHED eggs into the water, add olive oil to coat/seal the water surface. Pop a lid on your bucket- and set in a cool dark place. Eggs are reportedly good for up to 2 years! I’d be fine with 6-8 months, honestly. THEN, Caroline- the sweetest lady who made the video - does a followup video comparing 8 month old water glassed eggs to fresh ones. Absolutely amazing.

So, for all you egg- eating carnivores- this may be a cost effective method to try if you have an over abundance of fresh eggs. Lime costs $10-12 dollars for a 50# bag. a 5 gal bucket and some H2O. I’m getting over 20 fresh eggs daily from my girls, so, I am absolutely geeked to try this. Hubby is picking the lime up for me on his way home. You can get it at construction materials shops where they carry masonry products. Just throwin the idea out there to help save fridge space, and have the benefit of eating fresh eggs all through the winter when hens usually don’t produce much.

Today, I am cooking up some ground beef to take to work - to help get me through the swing shift. Really hoping that this hormonal train wreck of mine will clear up soon, so I can function more optimally. Feels like I am having to take waaayyy too much iron complex in order to function. But, it works, so I guess- don’t fix what ain’t broken. I can only imagine how much worse things would be if I wasn’t carnivore.

The fall colors are starting to emerge now, so, once the air cools down a bit more, I’ll commence pressure canning of meat. Beef should be coming back from the butcher in about a week. My daughter brought home a gigantic salmon that she caught out in Lake Superior on her camping trip. Thinking we will eat that tonight or tomorrow. They froze it before she brought it back yesterday. Concerning that particular kid- I’m kinda surprised she came back at all. She sent us a video- laying in a hammock, up on a mountain top with Canada in the background across Lake Superior. Said she wasn’t sure if she was ever going to come home. LOL! And, she got three job offers while she was out there. On vacation. She was absolutely enamored with the island, and would probably do just fine living there. Love her to pieces- even with her grey hair-inducing adventures!

Well, off to cook some beef. And gather eggs. Carnivore cheers to you all!!!

I love this…my kid is a hammock gal also and I just got so tickled reading this!! We hit our campsite and kiddo says, get out my hammock and let’s pick trees near the lake and ‘get’er hung’…just too cute and I am so into all this that you write SB! We all kinda live alike truly LOL

I read your posts and love your vigor and I wish I had age on my side but heading into retirement and college at the same time for my kid now, you actually make me miss the farm life I lived!!! I know you are so happy in your environment and I loving reading everything you post.

remember too on ‘the episode’ while one detoxes and changes to ketone burning body only and drops all carbs and more your body could be ‘flushing’ the big flush it needs to do and your next times could be hormone balancing and healing and more so always look forward…I know way more better is coming for ya!!

remember too guys there is a monster world of difference than me who is like into year 4 eating this way and newer people not quite putting in the time ‘on plan and holding’ it and still having troubles with carbs.

I know me point blank. I work this plan at all times. I do this for me cause I did the science behind toxins in plants and the science of what and only a physical body needs for survival, worked off very long term veterans and even those newer ones who require they work and change and adapt thru their journey and ‘get there’ and they put in the effort and work to change.

I know ZC or Carnivore is ‘a thing now’ but there is real issues behind why we do what we do ya know and one must also GO OFF and google and learn why this plan suits so many yet might never be needed by others. So many people walk that fine lc/keto’ into carnivore/zc’ line but again it becomes so highly person it is a key factor obviously.

but it takes time. many never give carnivore/zc the time and this is what is required so if yiou don’t go ALL IN AND DO THE PLAN and want this you get nowhere and just frustrated cause when other’s are doing so well…you wonder why am I not? Surely that little eating of this crap or that can’t be a factor? but it can so give it our all heading into zc or don’t bother ya know in that what we ask from a plan is only given if the plan is actually followed.

the more one plays into this realm the more one losses cause if one is on plan and doing just that then changes that come are from that zc plan, but if we walk that line between the 2, no matter ‘how little’ or ‘way between’ episodes are into plant carb land, then the zc plan means nothing for what one could achieve.

go in all zc/carnivore if you want to know what it is all about…other than that, lc etc is a great way for many, but if you desire real results, ZC/Carnivore it has to be all the way and deal with what you desire and not give in and follow the path you want to experience.

just spouting off some chat on it all LOL

(Scott) #2002

I was using calorie counting to create a deficit but needed the running to create the size deficit needed to lose weight rapidly. I really enjoyed the runners “high” and as I built up miles I opened the newspaper one Friday morning and saw a half marathon in town. It was the following morning. I can remember seeing a customer there and he said “I didn’t know you ran” I replied that I saw it in the paper yesterday and thought I would give it a try. To which he said “you are going to get killed”. I finished under two hours and liked it. Now I try to run twelve miles a week (three days) just to maintain health. At 59 I just don’t see the need to be competitive and beat myself up. My favorite thing is to play keto and carnivore podcasts while I run through town at 4:30 am. Its quiet with very light traffic and fun to watch the city wake up. I wish the gym wasn’t off limits to me due to covid. I enjoy running there too. I don’t do treadmills though, hate em.

(Polly) #2003

Look forward to hearing about how they turn out in several months time when the ladies are off laying for winter.

oh that is a good routine ya got going and I love this part…it is about you and health and how good it makes you feel vs. exercising to kill yourself and not enjoy it. I do the same, I kayak, bike, hike, ride horses (well my horses are all sold now so that area of my life is past now), and swim and I just move. I ‘forced and tried’ all kinds of exercise and found I am not one. I felt guilty not doing it ya know when everyone said ‘I had to do it for health’ and learned, NO–I don’t…all I have to do is move and move good and enjoy what I am doing :wink: And with zc I have to say I move more now than ever and I wanna move, not dragging myself up to move LOL

Had the salmon tonight. Sauteed some yellow squash and baked some of the fingerlings - both from the garden to go with- for the family. I just had the fish and a little of the sauteed squash. Fresh salmon is amazing. She did good.

Poor kid is having trouble adjusting to civilization again. Yesterday, she drove out to the old copper mine where she works part time, and slept under the stars. I’m jealous.

Gotta get some sleep now, as I have a looonnnggg work week ahead. I work M-TH this week, but, it seems longer when one has to wear a mask ALL DAY, and listen to customers get upset with other customers because they might see someone without a mask on. Or, they get mad at us employees because the state is mandating masks inside the store. (I wouldn’t care so much, except for the fact that health departments across the state are sending out spies to see if we are enforcing. If we don’t enforce, then we get whacked with a $7k fine.) I’m really quite tired of all this. I’ll be perfectly happy to work in the pharmacy, where I can quietly fill prescriptions in the back corner, away from all the insanity.

(Elizabeth ) #2006

just a question? Why is this post in a carnivore thread?