Another Carnivore Thread

Wow! 15 days and no update to @SecondBreakfast’s LG refrigerator saga!

Whatever happened?

Inquiring minds want to know!

(I hope that didn’t come across as sarcastic. I am genuinely curious.)

LOL! Well I am on day 9 of waiting for my verification documents to arrive via snail mail, so I can slap the tags on and send it in. After that, Lord only knows when, but I am supposed to receive a refund. To verify the refund amount, LG was supposed to email me a copy of the electronic invoice they were using to calculate the depreciated refund. They said they emailed it. I never got it. So, I text them a couple times every day to let them know I’m not going away.

But, rest assured…once I cash that refund check…you - along with my 500+ followers - can tune into my business’s instagram page and read the professionally-snarky explanation for my lack of activity.

In the meantime, I’ve already ordered a new fridge from Home Depot. My local dealer was unable to secure a new fridge for me when he said he would. It has been back ordered so many times- I refuse to wait until the end of September. My new one should be here in the next 5 days or so.

So, let me preface this post by stating that the meter readings for my bullshitometer have reached maximum load.
Ordered the new fridge from HD on 8/11.
Called this morning to verify its on the way. (Ya know…Trust but verify)
The shipment to HD is DELAYED until 8/19…
In the meantime, my local dealer calls to say that the Samsung he ordered for me- which was back ordered until the end of September was actually sitting at his warehouse in Milwaukee!!!
So, do I gamble with HD, or do I move ahead with my local guy?

Since LG will not email me the electronic invoice they SAY my dealer sent - and my dealer hasn’t been able to send it to me for whatever reason - I have around a $1K discrepency in refund amounts. The HD fridge is $800 less than the Samsung, but without actually knowing how much the refund should be or will be, I won’t commit to spending $800 more on the Samsung. Not to mention that LG has dragged their feet more than a sloth on Ambien. So, I don’t even have a clue WHEN the refund will hit my mailbox.

I’m going to make a couple calls and see what I can come up with. Geez. I have the carnivore life to thank for me not losing my mind in its entirety.

You know, for kicks, I should buy a blood pressure cuff and check my BP after I handle these phone calls.

(Polly) #1950

Wow. I didn’t think it could get any worse!

TG for carnivore!

(Edith) #1951

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: for you.

(Kristen Ann) #1952

Hey all, just wanted to briefly check in. I started carnivore in May and am 3 months in, though I’ve had some cheats. I’ve been good lately because oxalate dumping symptoms are so painful I’m kinda fearful to eat anything besides meat and dairy. I’m not in remission from my health issues, but I have seen some improvements and think carnivore could get me there. My hunger is all over the place. I’ve lost a little weight, but my body has definitely changed & slimmed down in areas. Digestion has improved, but still hasn’t completely adjusted I don’t think. My energy is generally good, pain is less. I think my only complaint really is the brain fog I have on carnivore that I don’t have on keto. I think if I focus on eating fatty meats, beef specifically, I can do better with this though. I’ve been on a brisket kick lately–I’m obsessed with it. So all in all, I plan on sticking with carnivore for now in hopes it will get me into remission again.

On another note, what alcoholic beverages do you guys drink? My go to on keto (and SAD) was IPA (only a few & would kick me out of ketosis only temporarily). I can’t do beer anymore on carnivore, its wrecking my insides. Liquor scares me as I don’t want to mix it with something that will also wreck me and ‘sipping’ on whiskey usually ends in ‘shooting’ it. Not a heavy drinker here… but enjoy a refreshing alcoholic beverage at times when I’ve worked hard in the heat… for 10 hours… in waders. Any suggestions? :grin:

I think this is the real take-away here. As a carnivore, you should be salting down all your meat, and just store it in the smoke house. Who needs a fridge? :wink:

I agree, but I I don’t have a smokehouse.
I do pressure can quite a bit of meat…beef, chicken, venison, etc. Just haven’'t had much time to lately.
I also have a pretty decent sized family, entertain every other week, have house guests and visitors…so while I may not need the fridge entirely, the rest of the fam/friends do.

What I actually meant when I said that (quote), was that the healthy fats from the beef have a calming effect on my brain. I might sound pretty pissed off right now considering the length of time and red tape invested in dealing with this. But I can assure you, I am extraordinarily calm compared the to the “old me”.

(Scott) #1955

Try drinking a “ONE-Y” IPA from Oskar Blues. It is a tasty lower carb IPA. It clocks in at 5g carbs

(Not a cow) #1956

IPA is pretty high carbs, so no wonder it kicked you out of ketosis. I’ve tried a few low carb beers but my favourite is Miller Lite.

Only has 3.2 carbs, 4% alcohol, and doesn’t really affect my ketone level which on carnivore is low anyway. It’s a popular brand, and easy to get. I usually have two large (18 oz cans) once a week, and maybe I have one more during the week. I like the taste, but then I am used to drinking Coors light, so less filling less taste.

Michelob Ultra is another low carb beer at 2.6 but imo does not taste as good as Miller Lite.

By the way, how are you doing your Brisket. I have had a couple that I did in the slow cooker for 8 hours. Would love to love it , but i haven’t yet, maybe I’m cooking too long. Just use salt as seasoning.

(Kristen Ann) #1957

Not so worried about the carbs as what it does to my stomach now that I’m carnivore, but I’ll try it if I can find it.

(Kristen Ann) #1958

Well I dont really care if I briefly get kicked out of ketosis bc I burn through the carbs super fast with work. But beer is screwing with my stomach now, so wondering if I should just drink something else while carni.

For the brisket I cook it in my instapot for 75 minutes and let it slow release naturally. Sometimes I just throw bone broth and ACV in the pot with it, but if I’m sharing it with my boyfriend I marinate it in soy sauce, ACV, and garlic first.

(Edith) #1959

Beer does have gluten in it.

(Edith) #1960

Slow roasted in the oven is great for brisket. I find the slow cooker can make things dry.

You don’t have to use the seasonings, but the method for the recipe below works very well.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/texas-oven-roasted-beef-brisket-recipe-1915431

(Not a cow) #1961

Gonna try that, thanks Edith

(Scott) #1962

For Gluten free and low carb I would go for Corona light

(Edith) #1963

@Elizedge, I have a question for you since you are a long time carnivore.

I am considering getting more strict with carnivore. I’ve been taking calcium supplements (Citrical) for many years because I can’t eat dairy products and magnesium for heart palpitations. I do worry about not getting enough calcium if I don’t take the supplements. But, I also have some arthritis is my spine and I wonder if supplementing calcium could have contributed to it. I know that many carnivores are anti supplements.

Do you eat dairy products and if not, what are your thoughts about calcium?

This question is also open to any other carnivores, too.

(Elizabeth ) #1964

I don’t take any calcium and I don’t eat dairy, I did get a little concerned after about a year and a half carnivore, so I had a DEXA scan and my numbers were the same maybe a tiny bit better at age 63 than they were 5 years earlier.

(Elizabeth ) #1965

https://empowertotalhealth.com.au/the-great-osteoporosis-scam/

(Edith) #1966

Just read the article. Thanks. It was quite interesting.

It did mention that eating too much protein causes calcium loss. I wonder in what context? High protein, high carb? I’m sure women eating keto or carnivore were not in that study.