Another Carnivore Thread

I don’t know the difference between zc/carnivore and keto regarding fat adaptation and other things but it’s surely not black or white but all the different grays. Especially that keto has wildly different styles (including zc, of course) and zc isn’t exactly the same for everyone either… Though way more similar.

What if I eat 20-30g carbs on carnivore? Maybe it’s not considered carnivore anymore… But all the carbs would come from animals, of course. I almost wrote I would experiment with it later when I don’t want to lose fat anymore but I already know my body doesn’t like much sugar, not even from animal products (I only noticed this regarding lactose, though).
I am very rarely below 10g net carbs due to my food items and amounts. But I am barely higher if I do my most relaxed carnivore-ish… And 20g is fine for me. I doubt much more would be good and I feel no desire to try it. I know for sure that adding vegetables is bad but I don’t even like them anymore. I think fondly of them but that’s it, even if I try a bite, it’s so bland and useless. I have this with most plants. So my meatless days are a tad interesting now :smiley: But the single one only happened because I ate a lot of tendon :smiley: That’s nice when one knows what to do with it. Very nice.
Sometimes I wonder. People surely throw out skin, some fat and tendons I very gladly eat in some form. I found the way to enjoy them even if in their original form they weren’t appetizing. I never wasted food but I especially appreciate meat and almost-meat (and eggs, always. sacred stuff) :slight_smile: It wouldn’t be a waste, actually, the cats would be ecstatic but they only get the parts I really can’t eat (and a bit more because they are cute and not fat at all and I am soft and an empath :smiley: but I am quite selfish too).

Well Happy Birthday to you :slight_smile: Hope you had a good one!! Yea the site was acting weird for me too. No worries, post when one can post :slight_smile:

IBS is a weird one in that I can easily say more fiber can be worse for this trouble just like Bob mentioned. But I don’t know you and your medical situation in full like Bob said also LOL so many times tho going carnivore would fix IBS easily, as it has done for many, but also you could go thru a tough adaption time which could be icky for ya since you said you ‘got control’ and feel in a good place. Going all in carnivore could rock your boat thru adaption on that, I get ya about changing. Only thing is doing the change and seeing the effects is all one can do other than guess what might go down ya know.

More red meat to get the right nutrients? and a reason to add veg is because you are eating more pork? Did I get those thoughts right here? ZC people live on what works for them. In that red dense meat is what most people just love and live on and suits us best…but there are those who use pork or chicken or rely heavily on seafood etc. to be their main stay and they do wonderful. Adding veg will not make a diff. if you eat red meat or chicken in your day, adding veg is useless for us carnivores, it takes more than it gives. (and you have to remember, a zc person goes behind that science backed info of veg have low level toxins in them and our bodies ain’t thrilled with that, so that gives you some basis on why I am saying things like that, I am the believer plant material we ingest takes and doesn’t give our bodies anything of true value.

I know one thing tho, a great keto plan, with heavy protein targets and good fat and some veg, people thrive on and do very well…so if that is where you are at and doing great, you keep on doing what works well for you :slight_smile: Dabble in carnivore as you see fit, when ya want. Beauty is we have time to decide which way we wanna roll and what path to follow.

I raise my hand and try to answer your questions :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
HI!

1…dairy is a no go for a purist who just wants fresh meat/seafood and NO dairy. Dairy also is allowed on carnivore because it comes from animals. All animal. Cheese has no plant matter in it. And it is limited dairy options for many of us. ZC people are not sucking down yogurt or milk etc. Most are eating a bit of cheese, some HWC in coffee but a tight control on our dairy consumption if we choose to keep some in our plan. But also dairy IS NOT an animal, it is human processed and made in a factory…dairy falls in a fine line of do you want it in your life, do you do well on it or have low levels of allergies? and do you feel it enhances your life/long term carnivore eating lifestyle? So dairy becomes a very personal item to keep or leave out of your journey.

I said beef and chicken was bad? Ugh…I don’t remember in what context I said that, sorry. Beef and chicken are wonderful carnivore eating options. If I was saying that and I truly don’t remember where :), then it must be a sarcastic thing maybe? If you tell me more I can answer better on what I said.

Carbs…any and all from meat/seafood…MEAN NOTHING. Absolutely nothing at all. They come from animals and are not ‘wrapped in plant matter’ when ingesting. Think like this… 3 ounces of beef liver has like 9? or 15 carbs total??? correct me if wrong anyone, going by remembering on that?? and that 15 carbs would be used up by your body instantly. And there is no plant matter at all in that food so you have no extra low toxins ingested. Our brain has that tiny part that requires glucose burn only is like 8g? 10g? for that function? (again can’t remember exact amt on that without looking it up again LOL) but whatever amt of carbs you eat in shellfish or liver in a day would never ‘be eating carbs from plant material’ and used up by our bodies rapidly. So those low carbs in any zc meat/seafood fresh food you eat truly mean nothing at all and that tiny bit ingested thru a food option like shrimp etc? would be burned up on entry also and won’t be a huge factor ever for a carnivore.

I think it was Bob that mentioned the ‘don’t drink water too close to meals’…but yes I have read this from many zc people. For me I can kinda drink water any time. But many find drinking water right before or after meals can upset them in a few ways…I kinda am not one of those people. So Bob would have to chime in on more on that one.

hope some of that helps you and I kinda answered what you were asking :slight_smile:

you eat a total of 20-30 in liver and shrimp you are carnivore. You would have to eat a ton of liver and shrimp to get up that high on carb intake from a protein source LOL

you eat 20-30 in veg you are keto or paleo or caveman or just a low carber

(Vic) #1830

Thank You

This was the context did sound like it could have been sarcastic or that you meant something else or I was misreading

"so just some thoughts to think about :slight_smile:

beef, chicken bad for ya, pork maybe, all seafood and fish options are loaded out there and truly, one day, you might jump onto a beef steak and think, WTH? I always do bad on this yet your body healed enough to ask for it, love it and more."

oh I think, but I am not sure without more context on who I was replying too?..but I think a person was having trouble eating beef. Beef was making them queasy or something like that and they were relying on chicken, seafood etc. to make it carnivore. And then I said, chicken, pork, seafood, fish, lamb, bison, duck…whatever. Just eat meat…any and all you love at all times and what works for your body and not against you BUT THERE is that one day when all of the sudden you want a ribeye beef steak or beef hamburger and your body accepts it and you find you now gear towards it and want beef more than you ever thought you would be eating beef.

on zc we eat what we can handle and do best. Eat all that works for you and never against you…but then we can change. One who does not love beef, which is rare kinda LOL could later down the carnivore line be eating beef steaks like they are going out of style. So change happens on zc easily and never say never I think was the point of that post.

hope that fits what you quoted back to me

Hey Vic,
I found this to be problematic for me in a couple of ways. Drinking water close after a fatty meal can cause some, me included, to have a rush to the bathroom. This doesn’t affect everyone but it’s not uncommon either.

As for your other questions:
1: Dairy is fine if you can handle it but sensitivities are much more common than many realize.
2: Beef good. I’ve found that I just don’t care for chicken anymore, at all. I didn’t eat very much pork in the beginning but have added it back in, partly due to beef prices.
3: Agree with Fangs on this, what little carbs may be in true animal foods are meaningless. Some will start talking honey here, but that’s another thing entirely and not part of this conversation.
4: Covered above so if you find yourself burping incessantly after a meal (may be dilution of stomach acid) or having very unpleasant and sudden toilet emergencies then consider limiting or cutting drinks around meals.

Good luck!

omg this irks me to no end. honey is an animal product. are ya f’ing kidding me here LOL

honey is sugar. zc people do no sugar. Now, dairy is animal and produced by mankind and has little to no carbs. Honey is pure sugar and produced by animals but it is never an ‘animal food’ we eat directly. Eat the bees, yes. Eat the honey…no

Dr Paul S is doing that. Teir 1 carnivore. Tier 2 carnivore crap. Now he is experimenting with carbs ‘on carnivore’…omg. confuses the heck out of people as usual. ugh

That is like wanna be carnivores saying mushrooms are not veg, they are fungus and closer to animals than veg. WTH? Any excuse to eat junk and say you are ‘zc or carnivore’ just irks me.

oh well, maybe it is not them, it is me getting irked HAHA
but in the end…meat/seafood/fish. eat anything that breathes and was alive and could bear young and had eyeballs and had brain functions we got a menu…anything without the above is not zc/carnivore ever and won’t be as much as we wish.

Bee vomit :honeybee: :face_vomiting:
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Now, as for non-carnivore, I do see benefits to honey but it is NOT carnivore.
I used to use it in a medicinal tonic for congestion/sinus issues.

I haven’t been keeping up with Dr. Saladino or really any of the carnivore pundits. I still check out Dr. Berry sometimes but now that this is a lifestyle for me I no longer need to be convinced.
Funny after my workout post I started having sleep issues, I think I may have discovered the culprit so I’m going to experiment and determine if the cause is what I suspect. Had a good night’s sleep last night so my N=1 is off to a good start.

Oh yeah, I deleted the facebook account but I am on MeWe which I consider to be a much better platform.

yes I think that the royal honey type HYPE about medicinal purpose…I am not sure on it all BUT we do know that IF we have troubles we can find ‘herb/plant’ help sometimes thru those troubles so I am on that ‘big not sure’ fence on all that crap tho :slight_smile:

Yes Ken is great. Love his great approach. Dr Paul I don’t follow cause people are now seeing him as a go to and a go to carnivore should never be sugar point blank so?? ugh

AND OMG YOU KNOW your dropping that big bomb about your sleep and the culprit…enquiring minds wanna know big time and I can not wait til ya post more about that! Love me a cliffhanger!!

MeWe, never heard of it LOL now I gotta go look. FB is rare for me but I do some ZC sites so…but I have no true association on FB as a real thing, just chat on my zc sites so will check this MeWe thing ya got going, thanks for updating me from dinosaur life into current life and what is out there now HAHA

MeWe is a social platform that doesn’t sell your personal info and doesn’t go about censoring its users.
It’s basically the anti-facebook. I hope it takes off and more people desert fb which I detest.
The 100% Carnivore and Beyond group is there as a backup in case fb turns on them.

oh that is very interesting on that situation. huh…fb turn on them? I guess there is social media war going on I sure don’t know about and hope to kinda not know LOL I am clueless on this stuff mostly but what ya said was super interesting about…thanks

@Fangs messaged you ref fb & n=1

Hey there Lovelies!
Very happy to announce being back to an OMAD Carnivore life. Took some gumption, a couple 24 hour fasts to rid the system of crud, and being too tired and sunburned to cook. Expecting a very slight oxyalate dump due to noshing on almonds and some veg. Just chugging electrolyte water at work during the day, having a morning coffee, and then eating beef or chicken or fish or turkey for the dinnertime meal.

Can’t remember when or where I posted last. But our 16 baby chickies (and turkeys) from March are getting pretty huge. They’ve been munching grass and bugs for a couple weeks now. There are 2 handy roosters amongst the hens, so we purchased an incubator with the plan to grow our own chickens. It was difficult getting our hands on baby chicks, because the sales were so high around here. Figured - If need be, we will just make our own chickens!

Had a baby cow last week. One of the older kids found it, and named it Rutabega. We were scratching our heads on that one. Kinda cute though.

Well, glad to be back on track and feel even better! Cheers to you all!

(Kristen Ann) #1840

Interesting changes so far…

1. I am burning up when I sleep. Completely unexpected since half the time I’m camping with snow piles near by. I normally freeze this time of year at night. Also was wading in 3°C water and not cold at all… So I’ll take it. Means packing less clothes and blankets.
  2. Gaining weight but stomach is shrinking. I have less stomach fat to insert my subQ needles into. Also my right bicep seems huge lol. But I’ve also been able to gain lean mas easily.
  3. Carnivore is really easy camping as long as I can keep my food cold.
  4. Still having GI issues but struggling to limit my water intake while eating. I’ll wok on it. I mostly fast during the days I’m working which slows my GI problems down.
  5. Mood may better? No difference in pain yet from what I can tell.

I have times of intense heat too, which I usually attribute to hot flashes. BUT, since returning to carnivore…I get this burning sensation alot more, esp. at night, than I did previously- but it is different than a hot flash. Difficult to explain, but I know what you’re talking about. I had that same sensation when I started carnivore, and was not experiencing true hot flashes.

Hadn’t really thought about it until I read your post, but, my stomach has flattened out incredibly in the last 4-5 days since returning to carnivore. I’m down an incredible 8 pounds since returning, so, that certainly has something to do with it. But there is also nothing I’m eating that would cause any inflammation or bloating. Those issues take a while to work out, and extended fasting- in concert with carivore- is what helped me the most.

The mood improvement is a real thing. Prior to this WOE, I was a pretty relaxed individual, but would stress out or get riled up every so often. After carnivore, my kids would swear nothing rattled me. To me, that’s a good thing. I had experienced some high blood pressure after a decade of traumatic events. Now, even with working 40 hour/wk, farming, and getting the youngest to finish her schoolwork online - zero mood/stress issues. There was a brief period during all this WuhanVirusYadaYada when work was a little stressful…but I wasn’t doing carnivore during that time either. Now, I just go into work, am required to wear a mask all day, and sanitize the hell out of the whole store before it opens - and continue that all day long - and its no big deal. I feel waaayyyyy better now.

I sure hope you continue to feel better and experience improvements! =)

HI and welcome back :slight_smile:

yea we hatched our own birds on the farm also. PIA in a small way but worth it long term tho.

Congrats on your calf. I loved the farm with goat kids and calves and foals and more. Best time to see it all spring forward with new life :slight_smile:

KA, that was a good list of how you are doing.
You will work thru it all as needed. Time on plan changes us more and more and better improvement does come to us for sure.

I swear the mood improvement is insanely wonderful LOL My clarity of thought and level stable moods sure were a good thing for me. Just like SB said, I could get riled up faster before, now it is like, ahh, let me think about it and deal with it when I can. I don’t rattle easy anymore too and I love it.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1844

@kaclp and @SecondBreakfast I have gotten “meat sweats” before myself. Usually when I ate a ton of meat too close to bedtime. There is definitely a thermal effect when you digest protein and I’ve heard that it’s usually from eating a large amount of leaner meat. This can happen easier because fat will give off a faster satiety signal so that’s why Keto and Carnivore always recommend fattier cuts of meat. There are a few who do the large amounts of leaner meat but that doesn’t work as well for long term. Rabbit starvation is real and you get it from living off nothing but lean meat. We need the fat. :cowboy_hat_face:

Of course not vegetable :smiley:
But it’s very easy to get without plants, most people probably would need a lot of lactose for that though and it’s not carnivore for many people, I don’t like that style myself…

But if we are a bit relaxed, using spices and condiments, some cream, some not lactose-free cheese, lots of eggs… I had such a day once.
But I wouldn’t do it long term :smiley: My normal carnivore-ish days have 5-10g net carbs. But some people eat way more food than I do.
If I add plants, it’s negligible anyway. Most of my plant carbs come from condiments and spices on my most relaxed carnivore-ish but it’s still nothing compared to my eggs.
My meat has negligible carbs and I almost only eat lactose-free cheese and not much.