Another Carnivore Thread

So off reading the world on carnivore and it is a joke.

One gal said she is going carnivore and only ate lettuce and other salad junk instead of her kid’s cookies. Shoot me please…people ain’t got a clue HAHA

Carnivore is no plant material point blank yet so many don’t get it…NOW I DO UNDERSTAND someone needing to eat some stuff to ‘work their way into’ carnivore…you know when we are trying to go all in and it can take time, yes I get that…but this gal thinks lettuce is fine on carnivore…omg!! ugh…and the misinformation out there grows and grows.

Thankfully we all know what zero carb is here LOL

(Daisy) #1767

people are nuts lol

(Kristen Ann) #1768

Ef it, I’m going carnivore y’all !!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1769

Good luck Kristen! :cowboy_hat_face::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::meat_on_bone::poultry_leg::bacon::bacon:

Enjoy Kristen!
I must say, 6 months in and I have no regrets at all. Loving this way of eating and it is literally giving me my life back. I am currently homeschooling my kids (if this had happened 2 years ago I would not have been able to do anything with them and they would have suffered). I am actually able to enjoy learning new info with them and my brain fog has cleared enough to be able to help them out with all their subjects and even do a bit of fitness with them too.

When I first developed CFS/ME 8 years ago I suffered terrible muscle wastage all over. Now, with just a little 20min workout 3 times a week (the other days I cheer on the kids) I have now started to get arm muscles, leg muscles and abs back again. I have been loving the next day post workout slight muscle ache which is so totally different to my previous years of hellish ME chronic pain.

My partner tried ZC for 3 weeks but could not hack it, did not enjoy, so he has resumed his rather unhealthy ways which saddens me somewhat but proud of him for giving it a go and he knows what to do if he wants to try again any time.

My kids have been eating more animal products and seem calmer and to get along better because of it. Our covid go to, if there is any stress or upset in the house, is for me to stick a pack of bacon under the grill. After eating that juicy goodness the kids are always much calmer and happier. (to the point my daughter, who has sensory issues and is being assessed for asd, now often looks to me and says ‘hugs and bacon?’ if she gets upset :bacon::heart_eyes::pensive:).

My partner thinks I am possibly becoming a bit of a carnivangelist but he also cannot deny how much this WOE has helped me. Physically and mentally it really is a life changing transformation comoared to where I was and how much I have struggled with chronic illness over the years.

Keep calm and carni on xxx

I’m getting anxiety thinking of the meat shortage… Does this mean I have to fast?

This was a fabulous post to read!!!

I loved this part…hugs and bacon :slight_smile: :slight_smile: too cute!!

A lot of people can’t do this lifestyle. It ain’t easy truly with all the food around in this world obviously, but those of us who find this way of eating and thrive, it is truly priceless. I love you are a carnivangelist!! So am I :wink: but when one truly improves their health to levels of living better and healing, of course we are gonna be a carnivangelist LOL great post!!

no don’t worry about fasting.

think sardines in cans…tuna…canned meats of any kind.

around me there are tons of cuts of meat…tho most are not my favorite :slight_smile: but I know I can exist on any kind of meat and seafood. Plenty of frozen seafood around here in the coolers also.

Not sure on how the others are doing with stocking in their area, I hope we all can find our meat and seafood!! I know tho deep down I will always find some animal kingdom products to eat :wink: I ain’t too worried but a good freezer stock up on what you do like and can find is a smart way to go for sure.

Most of us live a 18/6 or like 19/5 eating day anyway…we just need 1 good meal per day and then usually another meal to keep us satisfied and I think truly the so called shortage won’t effect us too badly, fingers crossed of course on all this :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

(Kristen Ann) #1774

Thanks for the motivation. I have a couple of reservations about this WOE, but I’m trying to throw them to the wind and stop obsessively worrying about macros and micronutrients.

Keep the Faith with ZC all the way :slight_smile: It will treat you very well. Sometimes throwing caution to the wind is what we need to get out of our own way. It worked that way for me!! Hold strong, you will do great!! 6 months is fab and great results come but I say longer and longer and into years doing this you will feel way better, more connected with nature and everything just fine tunes to bring our best foot forward!!

(Diana) #1776

Need some advice and seems like this thread is a good place to start. Sorry if this has been asked before just point me where and I’ll read there:)

I’ve been dabbling with carnivore-ish for a bit. However I do eat at least 1 cup of veggies a day. Generally do Omad. This past week my mom made an amazing pork shoulder that had the skin on it still and the yummy fat layer under it. I found that when I ate the skin and meat I was very full and was losing weight. However when I eat a ribeye of similar volume I tend to still be hungry. From everything I have read the red meat is better for you from carnivore perspective. So my question is how can I get the same level of fullness from beef? I am also trying to avoid dairy so don’t want to add a pile of butter on my meat.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1777

Add more fat with the beef, the pork shoulder has a lot more fat and that’s why you weren’t hungry. Beef fills me up great when I eat about 1 lb/500grams. Sometimes the stores trim the fat too much from ribeyes. Usually if you get them with the bone they don’t trim them and it’s cheaper per pound. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Diana) #1778

But how do I add more fat. I generally fry it in avo oil but it’s just not providing same level of fullness. I guess the difference between plant fat vs. animal. Perhaps buy beef tallow? Or ask at grocery store if they’ve kept any of the fat that they’ve trimmed? Feels so weird asking that…and since I’m limiting my exposure to outside world I’m only stopping by Whole Foods. Should be interesting. Lol. I’ve found if I eat too much liquid fat my stomach gets upset but I did just fine with the pork fat.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1779

They’re notorious for trimming off all the fat for the “health” crowd. Plus it’s probably grass fed for sure making it leaner. Can you do Butter? I often like a knob on steak. I don’t think Avocado oil is less filling than other fats although it’s not carnivore as you mentioned. Skirt steak has a good amount of fat as well as brisket and chuck. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Diana) #1780

Thanks for the feedback. I’m trying to eliminate dairy as I’ve heard it causes inflammation. I’m defrosting chuck as we speak and will try that.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1781

For most people butter has no issues, even dairy intolerant people. It only has a tiny amount of lactose and casein because it’s mostly fat. If you’re actually allergic to dairy you can make ghee from butter (clarified) and remove all the protein and lactose solids which is a very small amount. But I seriously doubt that butter would cause inflammation unless you have a severe dairy intolerance. I love Butter sometimes. :cowboy_hat_face:

HI!!!

first thing is ‘dabbling’ is kinda on that fence of ‘you don’t know’ your sweet spot in that you aren’t ‘all in’ with ZC so that makes a difference in your knowing or guessing what is ‘effecting you’ so it is kinda like…go for it all in for at least a week and then re-evaluate :slight_smile:

Another is that focus on lose weight and zc isn’t about that as ‘a goal of main intention’ in that we heal to lose. ZC is heal body, handle hormones, re-balance the natural lifestyle your body wants and more…so that if I eat this fat/meat and I feel great, and I don’t lose or are more hungry on another meat kinda doesn’t come into play as a ‘real zc’ thing cause ya ain’t zc just yet. It could change up, it could be the same, you could learn more about what your body wants and requires? Kinda on that fence again. NO ZC benefits come your way and you don’t learn your body unless ya go all in kinda deal.

Thing is many and I mean many function best on a fatty any red meat type situation cause they are zc. They went thru adaption and they walked the healing path, they are in it to win it and when one does that the red meat becomes superior over any fowl, pork, seafood, fish or whatever and the beef/red meat usually takes top priority but that is for a zc;er doing this path and doing it as needed from the start.

then ya got an individual. if one goes ‘all in’ and goes for it point blank on a carnivore trial eating plan…they find what works for them. Many can’t handle pork. Pork intolerance is a real deal for many YET some find they live on pork and do SO well. Then ya got those living on eggs, fish, seafood with butter thrown in and they function wonderful.

So if ALL IN with ZC then you find what works for you. Just cause a lot of zc’ers rely on that red meat, many function so well on different meat and seafood so…this is when you find you as an individual thru adapting to zc.

then ya got the, eat big certain fat content makes me less hungry if skimming off a big roast or whatever, and eating a ribeye steak makes me more hungry in a way after? How big is that steak? You doing one of those like 8 oz steaks, heck yea you are hungry after that :slight_smile: Eat 1 lb. ribeye. Then wait a bit, if hungry fry up some bacon or have another steak.

See we are not limited/restricted/starving ever in our changeover into zc because we can eat. But if we don’t ‘just keep the faith’ and go all in then you never know what your path thru this healing will be.

butter is not dairy HAHA yes it really is not in that what David said. Butter is fat. Butter is fine if you do well on a lot of butter. Some can’t handle a lot of it as ‘liquid fat’ and want some to add taste etc. but some can suck down butter like it is going out of style and it satisfies/heals and more for us…but again, you have to be all in to learn what is you.

Dabble is great and we know if we wanna roll this way or not.
Dabble will never give you the truth of what ZC can do if ya go for it and do the plan.

hope some of that helps a bit :slight_smile: I am happy you are dabbling in it but I have to say, going all in gives you such a difference in perspective/individual truth on your eating and more one can find and it is a wonderful way to roll…good luck to you!!

WEE lost .2 on the scale. A whopping 1/2 lb down this month so far LOL
hey I will take it!!!

but woke up hungry so I am back on my usual 2 bigger meals per day cause I got a nice 3/4 lb. ribeye steak to eat and might pair that up with some sardines as a side…dinner tonight for some reason I am thing massive big old bacon/cheese omelet with bacon on the side. Haven’t done that in a while…kinda wanting it :slight_smile:

So all is well and functioning great and eating is just cool and good and I am just chugging along and letting it happen as it needs to happen, but nice thing is I swear the body composition is giving me more and more change and I love that. Shorts I put on the other day which I wear feel looser so I will take that every time! I never checked inches ever thru all my changes, wish I did, HECK NO, that ain’t me LOL but I wish I knew but not worth all that trouble…just know when I feel great and clothes are looser and all is going great in my world thru my zc life, hey I win and win again :slight_smile:

hold strong everyone, what plan we follow will give us so much!!

My SO brought home a .6 kg pork chop (maybe 1.3 pounds?) and it temporarily significantly raised my meat consumption, I must be around 0.25 pounds per day now. It will fall back soon, this was almost the entirety of our fresh meat for this month.
It sounds tragical even for me. Oh well :slight_smile: I will survive. I was a vegetarian, after all, too bad I can’t really go back to plants and for now, I got bored of smoked pork and eggs.
Definitely a bit challenging.

But I found tasty canned fish :smiley: And eating eggs is my basic skill, it’s just hard if I don’t make them into sweets. And I am not good with carni sweets yet (they totally exist in my world, it’s fine if I am the only one) but carnivore-ish, that works and I am quite relaxed when I barely have meat.
Nothing excuses me when I totally go off plan (not even having a high-carber as a cook. he roasted pork today anyway, with a few slices of garlic. it was good just very lean) but it happened again. Oh well, I am back again, stubbornly. But it would be so damn easy with meat. Especially with mutton. I wait for it more or less patiently and practice determination and whatnot until then. No need to make more experiments with carbs. They aren’t good. It seems I can’t handle milk well anymore either. My SO bought some and I run out of hwc so I used a little. 1-2 years ago it was kind of okay and my SO complained that he can’t handle it anymore. And now he’s fine with a lot and I am not with a tiny amount. No problem as long as I can handle my daily sour cream, that is very needed in times like these. Very useful.

So it seems I need other options to get meat. Not the best time to wander in villages searching for (probably) old people selling kitchen-ready rabbits or chickens but I heard about someone like that. We will find him. Soft white meat, even lean sounds pretty good to me now.
Even though I surely will keep eggs as my main food source. I need meat, I even had to supplement magnesium again just like in my vegetarian keto times. And anyway. I don’t go back to my previous keto. I may add this and that temporarily but it’s not the same. Not even my carby days (I always will have them, probably and it’s fine in moderation) are like before, certain new habits are stubborn.

Well I guess you can handle such a post from me, I wasn’t here since ages :smiley:

(Kristen Ann) #1785

I’m struggling guys…

1. I used to live with an Iditarod racer. She had 20+ hounds at the house and was always carrying 5 gallon buckets of raw meat to feed them. When we took the dogs out for a sled ride they would just shit liquid the entire time while running. When you think of dog sledding you don’t think of the constant stench of dog shit, but that is reality.
    I feel like those sled dogs. It’s a matter of time before I shit my waders. :weary::laughing: It’s not a fast task to get out of the water, grab a shovel and wipes, find a spot away from the water, dig a hole, and wiggle out of your waders. I’ve cheated twice just to stop the constant stream coming out of my bumhole.

2. My allergies are out of control. Not food allergies… environmental allergies. I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night having allergy attacks when sleeping at home. The only chance I have to go back to sleep is drugging myself with Mucinex, benedryl, and nightquil, but even that isn’t enough some times. It’s horrible. I’ve cleaned EVERYTHING in my room and it’s still happening. Now this may not be carnivore related but its become increasingly worse since I’ve started and I’m becoming sleep deprived. I can’t help but wonder if its related to the loss of gut bacteria (sorry, I’ve read a couple of gut microbiome books that were good).

3. My blood ketones have TANKED. Before carnivore they ranged from 0.5-1.8 but were generally higher when I monitored protein intake. Now they are consistently 0.1-0.2. I feel better with higher ketones and am lacking in the mental clarity department. I have doubled my protein intake since going carnivore from ~70 g to 140 and am eating the same or more fat than before. I think my body is super sensitive to protein and it may be my insulin reacting to it. Before carnivore I could eat 50 g TC in veggies and maintain very high ketones as long as I kept protein to minimal levels. I also lost weight consistently as long as I kept protein <80 g a day but I won’t get into that… It’s harder for me to fast doing carnivore unless I’m out doing field work. I’m assuming my ketones go up then, but I don’t monitor them when I’m camping, etc.