Another Carnivore Thread

(Keto Koala 🐨) #1706

I think I’m going to go back to carnivore too. All I eat plant wise is lettuce and asparagus anyway and I can easily ditch them. I like to lower my carbs as much as possible. So I have no more asparagus left, once the lettuce runs out. I’m done!!! :cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::lion::lion::lion:

(Ashley) #1707

I love it for the simplicity!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #1708

Yeah me too. It’s simple and easy.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Hi guys, I thought I pop in…
I have awfully little meat and almost all is beef now, I buy smoked pork in Saturday but I need to wake up quite a few hours earlier than usual for that and it’s tricky (I am younger than 65 so I can’t shop between 9am and noon, it’s something many people criticize since the start). I never could wake up early enough for work (it had no point anyway, I always did my work later, my mind works like that)! But it’s more important, everything for pork! But my smoked pork consumption naturally dropped, it was a very active phase, now its role is smaller (but still huge, it is my meat on normal days). So I should get some tasty fresh meat, I’m waiting for the opportunity now.
Until then, I keep living on eggs, mostly. I don’t even desire to eat much meat, just more. I looked at my notes, I eat about 7 pounds of meat a month since December (it feels I barely eat meat. I do it very frequently but in tiny amounts except on some days when the amount is just small but gives more than enough protein and lots of calories, I can’t spend more on meat, so many other stuff to eat :D). Doubling it sounds good. I didn’t buy much beef last time as I don’t really like beef and certain parts were sold out anyway (and no organs, again. I want to try liver since ages and can’t). But the last beef stew was pretty nice (and disappeared surprisingly quickly, I felt we just tasted it and it was gone). We learn! We only cooked the good part and I played with the chewier stuff myself. They mostly ended up in the stomachs of the cats in the end. Oh well, better than in the stew as last time.
So it will be a long story but this woe is still better than the previous one. I don’t miss the old, way bigger (and still little) amount of vegetables and I am still fine without supplementing magnesium on keto.
I still need to stop drinking coffee, sometimes I eat a bit too many pancakes if that’s a thing (I doubt it but most of my days have them now) and my late eating is still there, the last two would be solved with more meat. I swear the next time I see some not beef, not tiny bird meat on the page of the farm I use, I will buy as much as I can fit into my freezer (and 9lbs more and we make a decent amount of stew right away)…

(Keto Koala 🐨) #1710

@Shinita I’m in the same boat, I’m down to my last two eggs and tinned fish. Well fish is meat I guess but not like Pig and beef and stuff. :joy::joy::joy:.

(Ashley) #1711

Okay guys opinions please! This is my meal planning for the next week or two! I had to be choosy on what I had as meat isn’t as easy to find right right! This is my macros I came up with, I know the eat til full on carnivore, but this is an example of my basic daily consumption. Now keep in mind I have a lot of weight to lose still and I still plan on adding a few eggs and bacon as needed if I get hungry!

I agree, fish is different, I only use fish when I totally run out of the other stuff. But it’s okay for some variety.
Fortunately I have no problems with my egg supplies. I usually start worrying when I have less than 100 (and stop buying the usual amount when I reach 250) but not when I am pretty sure I can buy 80+ pieces every week as the case is now, they are even bigger than average lately. So I am good with eggs now (and it’s good as I badly need them in big amounts), I even have cheese and meat in moderation too. I’m good. If I could, I would give some eggs to you as I have plenty and I definitely like you way more than my 12th egg of the day. I rarely reach that number, that’s why I need the other stuff.
It’s sad if no one can bring you some proper meat or something… I almost never had such serious food problems, lucky me.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #1713

Awwww @Shinita your SO sweet honey.:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. I’m out of eggs now.:joy::crazy_face:. Had my last two last night. Now it’s tinned tuna, tinned Salmon and cheese that’s been in my fridge for weeks. I do have whole egg mayonase so that’s made with eggs.:joy::joy:. It’s ok, I can make believe I’m living in the depression, they got by so I can. Except they had no internet or TV or much at all really, like we do. If I was around back then ( and I’m sure I was, in a different body) I would just read books a lot. I do that anyway, do you enjoy getting lost in books. I like dark morbid scary books though.:skull_and_crossbones::skull::joy:. I even read them out loud and do the voices for fun. When I lived in the country, we had Chickens so never ran out of eggs. If shit gets too much I could always ask my Landlord lady to help, buts she’s a bit nuts sometimes and goes away a lot. But seriously I will be fine. It’s a challenge and it could be fun if I want it to be. Power of the mind and all that jazz.:joy:. Bloody Corona, it SUCKS!!! I hope your doing well and keeping safe. I’m in quarantine and my flat mate and I are driving each other a bit batty. Maybe I need to Astral travel and then I can go outside.:joy::joy:…No seriously I want to. But I’m too lazy.:roll_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

heck yea that is a great meal. 1 lb. of burger, some cheese, some eggs, and eat up and be full and if needed, add in more eggs and bacon. Yes I could easily survive on that food! No doubt about it. But if at all, if you can, find more meat and be sure to have it. While bacon and eggs are great for ‘in case’ they just never pack the punch as meat. In that if you find a bunch of chicken thighs or legs etc cheap and can grab some…after you eat that good burger meal, if hungry again you are better off with meat vs. eggs/bacon. In that meat is dense. It holds a different value to your body vs. eggs/bacon. So if you can cook up, say, 8-10 chicken legs etc (or whatever meat you can get your paws on :)) then you have that to hit before going into a less dense food like eggs/bacon.

just a suggestion. Meat rules and eggs/bacon are FAB…never get me wrong on that, but ‘dense chewy hard good meat’ beats it all the time. Just that kinda thing ya wanna keep in mind.

You are rocking it!!

So hit the store early and nabbed great deal on shrimp, some sirloin steak and salmon. I saved great money on this trip!

very happy.

what is so sad…rice wiped out. instant oatmeal section wiped out. spaghetti sauce in jars wiped out. Cereal aisle nearly empty. The ‘cracker aisle’ was nailed as was the cookie aisle got hit hard with sales of buy one get one. The ‘frozen section’ of french fries and micro meals were nailed tight and the ‘frozen bread/rolls/biscuits’ was empty big time.

Plenty of fresh meat now even if select cuts I want might not be there right now, I still got a lot of options, fish section fine, frozen fresh seafood still there. Produce there still. Meat delil counter was full and had options to purchase.

Sad the ‘staples’ one think for survival is this crap food. :frowning: oh well…it is what it is!

just thinking about it as I see what stuff is off the shelves and what is still there and I KNOW a lot if driven by economics and what people can afford to feed maybe many in a family…but at what cost truly ya k now. oh well…again just thoughts :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1716

@Fangs Right now people are still trying to build up emergency food stores of shelf stable survival foods. That’s why all the pasta and rice and beans get sold out so fast. You can just put it on a shelf for years. And people who don’t have a lot of cold storage and want to avoid going to the market so often are eating this stuff too.

It’s probably individual too. I wouldn’t like to eat much bacon (not like I want to eat any bacon at all) or my usual smoked pork but eggs? Sure, one can’t live on eggs alone but they are great as my most important food. I basically live on eggs and add a little meat, dairy, whatever. Maybe not ideal but close to it and some more meat would make it perfect, probably. My diet is egg-based since a decade, it doesn’t seem bad especially since I added meat… And surely feels nice though sometimes I am afraid it’s not mentally healthy to have eggs as the usual answer to everything food related :smiley: But I can’t help eggs are so versatile and compatible with me. If I have any problem with a food, I usually add eggs and it solves it…
Satiation wise it’s individual as we know. Some people don’t get satiated well with bacon or eggs. I still couldn’t test it, it seems fatty meat is a tad better than eggs in my case but only a bit. And I prefer having a not too small amount of both but if I must choose, eggs win, hands down (except if I had to choose one for a long term, I would choose the nutritionally better meat and would feel horrible. I can’t give up eggs, my single fixed item in my diet.

Of course, it’s me but 2 eggs and sometimes a couple? It sounds pretty okay (way too little for me, just perfect for many and a bit too much for others, it’s fine, we are different). Whatever works for the one in question, I guess. Some eggs, some meat, a little bacon and cheese, it sounds good for me, be it 5 eggs or just 2 and more meat… But we should try out different things and see what works best (currently. we change). I forced things before (totally not my style but I had no good options), it didn’t work well.

I don’t say you don’t have a point, probably you do (I am not knowledgeable enough - or experienced, of course but it doesn’t matter anyway as I always will experience the fact eggs are my default, number one food. I am hopelessly in love with eggs, yeah I loved vegetables too but it’s different, my body loves them too) just that we are different and need different diets even if we avoid plants.

yea that is so true. not needing refrigeration is key for many. Luckily farmer type me has a big azz freezer in the garage and if stuff hits the fan I got genny backups if required. I got my cold meat coverage covered LOL :slight_smile:

oh yea eggs are fab for those who love them but there is dense meat protein and leaner proteins and dense meat fits the best consumption for nutrition on zc. Longer one stays on zero carb they find eggs become a side dish. They just don’t have power to them mostly as ever red meat will.

So was saying if one finds themselves in a pickle being hungry etc. it is best to jump on chicken, pork, red meat first. It satisfies us so much quicker than eggs, some dairy, or processed foods like grabbing bacon or salami or deli meats or jerky etc.

Yep, we need the meat too but I still think it’s fine to have more eggs and less meat if it works for someone. Not too little meat, of course, my current diet is temporal, I am very much aware but there are surely a big wriggle room!

It’s probably a bit individual what satiates me best on ZC but indeed, red meat seems the best for me too. I will experiment, I usually just eat what I have, eggs and meat too and it works so nicely. Smoked pork works especially great, it’s no problem it’s processed. I think that works the best (I guess very fatty meat is my top satiating food) but I never tried to get satiated with that alone, that doesn’t sound right (I couldn’t even handle the sodium)… But if I already had my somewhat big lunch and later I get a bit hungry, some smoked pork works wonderfully. Eggs work too if I fancy them at that point but I need quite a few even for my second meal and that’s almost always way smaller than my first one.

Yep, maybe meat is better if we actually want to lose fat and satiation doesn’t come very easy eating just anything (that’s totally me. but I never had problems with eating too much when I used eggs either. meat is merely quicker)… And less satiating stuff may be better when we need the energy but meat satiates us too quickly…? I am not anywhere there yet but I tend to undereat on some very effective ways of eating, at least in the beginning (I had that on OMAD and on carnivore but not for long). My body always catches up. It doesn’t work that well for everyone but that info is about keto, maybe carnivore is different and our hunger signs work well? It sounds pretty messed up when someone is starving on keto because they just can’t eat enough but some people have that. Maybe they are rare cases or beginners, I don’t know.

experimenting is key on zero carb. we all will go thru phases of super duper hungry and can’t get enough, then we want almost nothing and we aren’t hungry at all truly and eggs and bacon come into play fine in that range. we eat well, get good nutrition but it is a ‘lighter’ food and we can accept that when hunger levels are lower but in the end, point blank dense meat beats just lighter proteins and lower fats. In that dense meat if we buy the right cuts, and even lower cuts beats it all as ‘the perfect package’ to consume.

thing is if one stays on zc and doesn’t play in this game and holds the plan longer and longer as all they eat, they realize this all boils down to meat…good darn meat trumps all and seafood is the best side usually for most. Staying on plan and not eating anything else is a world of difference in one who goes in and out of zero carb. It is not the same ever. Stay on plan for a year and one understands. Changing thru the weeks, months faithfully on zero carb, one gets it. Even one who is super extreme low carb is not the same as an all in zc person. The gap is huge actually. So experienced zc people know and read all the others do and find that in the end, we all waver thru the light meals and the heavy dense meats, but in the bitter end of it all, we eat the heavy meats and drop most of the other stuff point blank…not all ever of course, but when in doubt, eat meat and smile :slight_smile:

but yea always said eggs/bacon etc are great :slight_smile: but in the end a zero carb person who doesn’t eat anything else will gravitate all the time to dense meat. I mean we eat nothing else LOL and we have to go for full nutrition so in the end, thru adaption and more, dense red meats and heavy seafoods are the best we want mostly. Yes others can change it up as required but you chat with zc’ers on longer plan and meat is it and nothing else comes into play. Things like deli meat cuts, bacon/eggs, tuna, sardines and more are like a nibble and not a ‘meal’…the zc’ers go for all in meals to make up as great as we are and how we find our healing and best benefits.

There is the all in guys…like steaks, and and all red meats, lamb chops and roasts, pork cuts, chicken even, but heck even all fowl fall into the ‘kinda uselss in a way’ for a longer zc person. And lighter stuff like fish, eggs, bacon, deli meat cuts, processed stuff like sausages etc. and jerky and all fall into ‘not a friggin’ meal’ for us zc people but yes, many will absolutely change thru time on plan. Stick to zc all in and we eat crazy thru our adaption thru this plan, but when in doubt go for the heavy dense meats all the time, they are zc perfect meals.

a lot of people are scared to eat. going on a ‘diet’ means to them they have to starve and cut back and heaven forbid they gain a few lbs. in order to heal and then lose those lbs and move forward in their process.

it is time on any plan to make it work. many can’t drop the old diet baggage in their brain. eat right, eat well and stop ‘self controlling’ it all. Once you let go you win, but letting go is OH SO hard to do…I know I been there :slight_smile: it is rough as heck to find ‘you’ in all this but so many think less food means health when it never is that way at all. We are told that BS out there…so wrong, and so many fail cause of it. just some thoughts on that one

Surely there are people with a too heavy “diet” mindset but it can’t be all. I’ve read about people who suffered from eating almost nothing, they hated it and the fact that they were forced to eat more carbs in order to stay alive as they were too thin and couldn’t eat. It’s very odd to me but it seems, it happens. Keto is just too satiating for some. Maybe it’s partially their past diet. Many people go keto and forget to add enough fat, they are used to low-fat and even I know our mind can do interesting things when there is a decades long habit… Whatever. I am glad I am not like that.

I can imagine long-term zc is another world. I experienced huge changes during my journey, we just can’t extrapolate based on our experiences as there are surprising changes sometimes…

What is lower fat, lighter protein, lower cut? It’s sometimes hard to communicate when people have different diets. High-carbers usually consider fatty food “heavy” (somewhat negative meaning) while to me, carbs are heavy and fat is light using similar meanings, how I feel afterwards… They totally eat carbs and nothing else when they want to be gentle to their aching stomach. I am never sick but if my stomach would have any problems, I surely wouldn’t even touch carbs… And we are all humans.
But satiation wise or something, I can understand that a fat is “heavy”. That’s fat in my meat. Added fat is light, it feels like nothing, it just brings calories. Heavy/sour cream is the same. It’s probably different in huge amounts but I don’t use them like that. I understand fish and chicken is way more light. Eggs feel in-between but I can play with the white/yolk ratios, that matters a lot. And as I wrote, smoked pork is way “heavier” than for example, beef stew to me. I just can’t compare them well as I eat way more from the latter at one sitting.

I am looking forward to manage to get more meat in the near future, that already will be a different and surely better woe, I never had anything like that for more than a day or two. But I keep my eggs for sure :slight_smile:

There is a lot here so tackle it slowly LOL

Surely there are people with a too heavy “diet” mindset but it can’t be all. I’ve read about people who suffered from eating almost nothing, they hated it and the fact that they were forced to eat more carbs in order to stay alive as they were too thin and couldn’t eat. It’s very odd to me but it seems, it happens.

-----here there are mental issues no doubt and that is a normal out there and to be considered and there is also those paired up with true tough med conditions they are dealing. So yea, shi* happens and they are very rare for most if us less challenged coming into plan. Do exceptions exist, yes they do but to what level for all is unknown truly from normal chat and insight obviously on a certain 1 person.-----------

Keto is just too satiating for some. Maybe it’s partially their past diet. Many people go keto and forget to add enough fat, they are used to low-fat and even I know our mind can do interesting things when there is a decades long habit… Whatever. I am glad I am not like that.

—yes Keto is forgiving but deadly to many cause that ‘new eat this keto crap product’ is out there and draws people if they go that way. Keto keeps ALOT of fake sugar and somewhat carby veg in their lives along with dairy etc. So keto----if done right—helps many but keto is ‘very loose’ term for many and they struggle. No doubt about that. Keto suits many and many fail but those who do keto for them as they need flourish!

I can imagine long-term zc is another world. I experienced huge changes during my journey, we just can’t extrapolate based on our experiences as there are surprising changes sometimes…

-----------How long ZC for you personally? Longer on plan we change more so you might have cut off too soon LOL one never knows on that :)-------------

What is lower fat, lighter protein, lower cut? It’s sometimes hard to communicate when people have different diets. High-carbers usually consider fatty food “heavy” (somewhat negative meaning) while to me, carbs are heavy and fat is light using similar meanings, how I feel afterwards… They totally eat carbs and nothing else when they want to be gentle to their aching stomach. I am never sick but if my stomach would have any problems, I surely wouldn’t even touch carbs… And we are all humans.
But satiation wise or something, I can understand that a fat is “heavy”. That’s fat in my meat. Added fat is light, it feels like nothing, it just brings calories. Heavy/sour cream is the same. It’s probably different in huge amounts but I don’t use them like that. I understand fish and chicken is way more light. Eggs feel in-between but I can play with the white/yolk ratios, that matters a lot. And as I wrote, smoked pork is way “heavier” than for example, beef stew to me. I just can’t compare them well as I eat way more

----ok I get ya here. Fat can be heavy for many in that it came with a steak, or lamb chops, or pork or more as the vehicle. Fat such as scallops, crab, clams dipped in butter is less heavy. Agreed. Straight fat as in a dip or added to a meat while cooking like chicken in butter and eaten will not equal a fatty ribeye in ‘how ya feel’ on consumption. that will vary personally on all of us. this is where you find your sweet spot that works for you only and for you and never against you. experiment is key here.

like I loved 80/20 burger when on SAD menu. I got ZC and I hated it. That rendered fat in it was bad for me and my guts and taste and I now eat only like 90/10 burger. Dry burger, yes but I love it…that change hit about 2 yrs into ZC for me.

You have to remember that an ‘all in zero carb meat eater’ will never equal one who decides to eat some veg or fruit every now and then and more than usually one says they do LOL but in the end ALL IN time on ZC is not ever compared with other eating other people do.

walk the walk longer term and I don’t mean 30-60 days here, I mean years and it is a whole new life and outlook but only those here get it truly but we try so hard to explain it :slight_smile:
hope some of that gets my thoughts across to ya! but in the end, do you as you need is what it boils down to and that is the best we all can do
[/quote]

(Keto Koala 🐨) #1725

@Fangs I’m back to carnivore now. I finally ditched the plants. I tried it and I prefer the simplicity of Carnivore. How are you girl?? How’s that Knee?? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::lion: