Another Carnivore Thread

woke up feeling even better. the pain is leaving and the healing is kicking in and I find I am more functional but still being careful on how I walk, twist and bend LOL

appetite is ramping back up.

It isn’t even 9 am and I am thinking what to eat NOW…and this is super early for me :slight_smile:

Will do a monster pile of peel/eat shrimp in a while.
Later I got a monster ribeye with my name on it :slight_smile:

oh yea, eating good in the neighborhood for me!!

Caffeine definitely doesn’t make me stink. It does almost nothing so I still drink it… But I can’t care about this little thing now (as usual).

I’m waiting for the farm to post a new announcement. I know they worked a lot but I wasn’t looking, wasn’t quick so I missed all the opportunities and now run out of fresh meat again (only a tiny bit of guineafowl soup left, we will sooooo repeat this!). I only have some smoked pork now (but that’s not very hard to replace. did I say smoked pork ribs from the nearby pig farm is the best thing ever? not super salty and hard as the otherwise very good hocks. super satiating and nothing can tempt me if I have this as an alternative, probably) and some canned fish. Not too bad, I have much dairy (various cheeses! we never had this nice variety. and it’s still not much per day, some cheese will be still fine in June and I won’t be the main consumer, probably) and enough eggs (more than 110 and +80 ever week, just perfect) but still.
Well, I can survive until then…

weirdo sciatic nerve thing way better but my ‘good knee’ got nailed a bit from that almost weakness fall, another few days to heal that I guess but way more better now and happy :slight_smile:

hubby frying bacon. oh yea feed me.

got a nice ribeye for later
got some chicken breast with it as a side to my steak.

easy peasy

Leaving Friday for a short fast beach trip. We RV. We will ‘self isolate’ in that and bring all our food, not do sight seeing out in public, but just spend ALL our time on the sand. Surf fish, lounging in big lounge chairs and soaking up the salty air and wonderful ocean breeze. Weather is mostly sunny but cooler than we like but will go and love it. Just to relax. Campground indoor heated pool open so will swim a bit, relax mostly, walk dog with kiddo, fish with hubby and just chill and take life easy for a few days before more of this crazy comes to my area. Not here yet in full force or will it ever? No clue but taking advantage of getting away a bit while we can before things change? Again no clue on it truly but everything seems fine here and being cautious and more but not ever gonna stop living life either :slight_smile:

hope everyone is doing well!!!

Meanwhile Hungary is drown in snow… Fine, only the south part, we had a few snowflakes, that’s it.
Second day I didn’t leave the house for more than 1-2 minutes, it’s cold and windy outside and I was so much out before my muscles complain :smiley: But I will go out tomorrow, I miss my usual walks. And then hotter weather comes back, the sun will shine, raising my spirits.
I mostly ate eggs today (this far).

BBrrrr Shinita! I am so over cold weather :slight_smile: windy with cold is the worst :slight_smile: hang in there!

Oh nothing can stop spring :slight_smile: The sun is shining now and it’s warmer already! And it was such a nice spring in the last weeks, enduring a few winter days weren’t that hard though my poor SO who had to go outside for longer times didn’t enjoy it.
So it was no big deal. When we moved here, there was a foggy November. Dense fog for 3 weeks straight… Sunshine is part of my fuel, I don’t even know how I survived that but it was truly horrible. I usually last for 3 days and then I become miserable without sunshine. But such weather is rare here, we usually have enough sunshine every week, even in winter. Maybe a rainy autumn is the worst but the rain usually stops for some time, it just pours for hours every day, that’s a bit boring.

The usual farm did something, I will ask my SO what to do. They sell lambs now, whole or half. It’s expensive compared to other animals but not horribly so and it’s lamb… How big is a lamb? If they are the same breed as usual, those half muttons weigh 24lbs as meat and bones, cleaned out (120lbs for a whole living being)? Well, not much, that’s sure. What it is like? It’s surely tender but how does it taste? Bland or being a sheep, still very flavorful? It probably depends on the tastebuds of the one in question too as many people hate the special mutton flavor. I like it. Tender mutton, it sounds awesome.
And we run out of non-smoked meat. I think we should buy half a lamb, at least. I always wanted to try it.

OH yes I can so agree. I require sun. I am happy in sunny weather, a few days of cloudy and I start to go bonkers :slight_smile: I so get that.

We had tons of livestock and winter was worst. Feeding in the freezing rain and icy and SO cold and it took forever to gather eggs, get everyone fed and cleaned and watered and more, it was like…why do this? cause in summer time it wasn’t as bad LOL

Winter is hard on the old body and doing tons of chores in big old coats and boots is rotten also.

Neither hubby nor I have any body odor anymore since going on this WOE. We don’t drink coffee. I wish I could, sigh. Interesting that you are also experiencing a difference. This WOE is amazing.

So feeling stellar.

There is no questions about zero carb for me anymore. I have my science backed info/research cementing in this lifestyle for me…I have my physical well being to prove it is a wonderful choice :slight_smile: and I am so freaking happy on this eating plan.

Everyone doing well? Any new good victories you are finding being on plan? Hope everyone is holding zc well and doing wonderful :slight_smile:

(Scott) #1695

I am enjoying zero card but may have an issue developing. Over the last week I have had an increasing level of pain in one of my ankles. It feels deep in the bone and at first I only noticed it when I run but now I can feel it just walking. It could be a coincidence or possibly related. Anybody out there have any joint pain?

I have had quite a bit of knee joint pain since mostly meat eating.
I think is is oxalate dumping in my case.
Check out Sally Norton on YouTube or in podcast interviews like low carb md.

(Scott) #1697

I guess it won’t be easy to identify but if it is, is this a short term bout or is this a from now on thing? Thanks and I will checkout the video.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1698

Salad Kills!

yea that’s a hard one cause we can sprain something or have more toxins dumping or ?? on that kind of thing, best you can do is baby that ankle, see how it goes and more.

No joint pain for me tho. Lucky on that other than bad knee muscle which when I woke up this morning was a lot better but I know what caused it.

hope you improve!!

(Scott) #1700

I feel it the most in the morning. Right now it hurts just laying in bed but after I get moving good I don’t feel it. I think I will skip running for another day and see what happens.

Edit: I am a moron, while I was laying in bed this morning I completely forgot about another confounder. Last night during dinner a bee stung me on that same ankle. I am sure that is what I am feeling this morning.

oh yea for sure :slight_smile: ok how can one forget a bee sting LOL too funny
but yea those stings can hurt for sure, last wasp sting I had was a burn like situation but got over it fast, but those little buggers HAHA

cool you have another real option there, that has to be the more true problem right now. Detective Scott :slight_smile:

(Scott) #1702

I had several drinks by that point (nothing else to do) I had to laugh at my thinking in bed “wow, it hurts without any pressure now”. I am allergic to bee stings so my right ankle is about 50% larger than my left now. If it is like my last episode it will creep up my leg over the next week. On the bright side I lost another pound and I am getting alot of yard work done with this quarantine.

(Ashley) #1703

Jumping back on the Carnivore wagon, I had a lot of things happened in the last month and haven’t been following keto very well let alone carnivore. But I’m getting back on track, I bought 8 pounds of ground beef, Eggs, bacon, and chicken thighs to start my way to get back on track.

(Susan) #1704

Big big hugs, Ashley. I think that with the loss of your dear father, it would have been more then normal to go off your eating for a bit, you are a darling lady and all the best wishes, thoughts, prayers and lots of hugs to you =)).

CONGRATS…we eat so well and go down the scale. Can’t ask for more than that :slight_smile:

ehh, sorry it will migrate up your leg like that. hope for an easy time with it.