Another Carnivore Thread

oh I know bob :slight_smile: :slight_smile: but it is so funny you mentioned the mushrooms and animal thing cause I was just reading it for real in another carnivore thread HAHA and the person actually says it is more like animal than veg so eats the heck out of them and I was like…oh come on here :slight_smile:

I very much agree bob. I think a heavy meat based keto would suit so many more people as in an easier plan to handle mentally and to fit that social lifestyle and more as they need it in their lives…but then ya got the rare ones like us, all in meat eating no plants ever zero carb hardcore warriors that go for it and say screw those plants, ain’t going there again…love it

LOL and it seems you are a fungi too :slight_smile:
I hit my hubby back with what you told your wife on your mushrooms, is it an animal? Your exceptions of some coffee and some booze is allowed on plan for a relaxed carnivore, go for it :slight_smile:

Mushrooms are not animal, won’t ever be so don’t strain the brain too hard on it all HAHA and pass them by at all times. Mushrooms are also valued under vegetable standards for evaluating nutritional values etc.

I am a hardcore person also when I go into a plan also. I live within the boundaries of what I am trying to achieve, and carnivore plan with no plants in our lives is a whole new wonderful way to thrive. It really is great to be here in this plan, I love it.

I’ve heard tell of it. Then again the FB groups are pretty out there and range wildly.
It’s funny, some of them accept just about anything while others are just like militant vegans. In fact I would wager a lot of the militant ones are former vegans. That cultish mindset is hard to shake.

I don’t eat mushrooms but I do enjoy coffee and wine so if that is unacceptable to some I could care less.

Oh my, someone really wish to have sex and stay a virgin, at least calling themselves one… It doesn’t work that way… And I don’t even see why a mushroom would be more like an animal. I even learned it among plants(! the teacher said it’s not right and it will change but it was there then. we knew so many things wrong just a little time ago) and we look at it, it’s almost a vegetable, we use it the same as a vegetable, it grows out of the soil, yeah, it clearly isn’t a plant but even less animal like, chitin or not.
Yep, someone really wants something they can’t. I see that a lot. People love certain trendy labels, they just don’t want to do what it takes. At least not fully. They still could say they do it almost or mostly or whatever. Or animals + mushrooms, non-plants, it’s easy to say.

Mushrooms are hard to digest for many people anyway. Due to the chitin, I guess…?

Yeah, I realized carnivores are people too, they are too many so obviously there are some crazy ones who reminds me of worse vegans… You guys here were the first bunch of carnivores I met, I’ve read about carnivore before but it wasn’t this personal, just a few comments with some basic infos now and then. Even the carnivore diet seemed so “you enter and you can’t live without long-term difficulties again and on it, you must eat every kinds of things to get enough nutrients”. It seems they aren’t true…
So I came here and you were a chill/enthusiastic bunch and while rules are rules, it’s that kind of diet, it wasn’t some snobbish attitude and disdain towards not pure ones. I don’t like that. Some people consider their woe a religion and want to convert others. To me, our woe is personal and we can’t change others easily and we usually shouldn’t. Talking about food should be nice and chill, IMO. Discussions about health, yep, that’s fine but I don’t come to such places to fight. Each to their own, I wrote this zillion times. Just don’t use clearly wrong labels. Even if we can’t easily explain our woe. Mine is quite chaotic now, I can label only my individual days. Weekdays are typically somewhere around dirty carnivore and it works beautifully but I will make experiments to find out how far can I go without ANY problems.
I don’t even know where is the limit of dirty carnivore. And what if one eats sweeteners but that’s it. Or less meat than I. Or lots of lactose. I have my own “ideal” carnivore, I mean, what I call true carnivore and don’t want actually do for long. That’s the base and I dirty it a weeeee bit with harmless things that make my life better. And occasionally, chaos ensues as it’s me but I am very hopeful that phase is over. I will go off keto, that’s certain but I plan to do it very, very, very rarely. Even “normal” keto should be rare. I am better with strict rules because when I break them, I end up with a cute woe. If I have loose rules and I break them, that’s way less pretty. I need a tad unnecessarily strict basic woe so I can take a step, enjoying my freedom and the extra (not needed but nice) things I get, being content and not falling down into the abyss.
So I pretty much enjoy my woe and especially my peace right now.

(Scott) #1650

I did eat carnivore all weekend but I also ate and drank a lot. I gained three pounds. The good news is I lost two last night so there is hope for me yet!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1651

:laughing::joy::joy::joy::joy::grin: You crack me up! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Kristen Ann) #1652

didn’t expect my mushroom question to get so rambunctious :laughing:

you know bob that is interesting. I never see any group sticking to the plan guidelines and concepts of physical body science for nutrition as the plan they are doing as being militant at all. I see it is as a group of like minded people doing the plan as it is to be done :slight_smile: :slight_smile: But I think when it goes off into that extra part, like if a vegan thread says kill all meat eating people to save a cow, then we go crazy line…or even if a zero carb person says kill all vegans so my cow can have food, then we go crazy line again HAHA, then that internal debate in carnivore of coffee or wine or dairy LOL

Even in carnivore the strict purist ain’t doing coffee or wine and yea some post big on it and say don’t do it, but if one is ‘doing relaxed’ carnivore then heck yea you can have coffee and wine and it is in the plan.

One thing I know on zero carb is plant eating is not in it and never will be, heck that is the hardest part to put to people and for them to understand. I think it rolls around to your statement before that a keto plan or low carb situation would suit the mass population so well cause in truth, carnivore is a tight hold. It is a very restrictive plan that while wonderful to those who can do it, boy it is hard to give up all foods. A lot of people need more variety to make it work as a more rounded plan to grab thru long term life eating.

its a good question and fun to chat out :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

ahhh we are cool til ya try to steal a steak off our plates, then we roar HA

(Scott) #1656

I was waiting for the phrase “dirty carnivore” to show up. That can usually stir the pot. :grinning:

(Polly) #1657

“relaxed” sounds so much more acceptable than “dirty” but I think they mean the same thing.

hey alcohol is in relaxed carnivore so it ain’t dirty actually :slight_smile: You don’t get the title of Dirty Scott today :star_struck:

dirty carnivore is a person who is sucking down veggies, diet soda, fake sweeteners, or slathering sugar BBQ sauce over their ribs…then ya have trouble HAHA

don’t be going doing that Scott, we can sniff that out. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: There is good alcohol options and bad ones like a bunch of beer obviously. Now a strict purist carnivore wouldn’t touch alcohol, but in relaxed carnivore it is an option if wanted.

Relaxed carnivore is NO plants period. Some condiments you do well on like a shake of garlic powder on meat, or some herb mix shake on chicken. Alcohol, good choices as wanted. Dairy as one can handle.

but dirty means you ate off plan and went into the dirty zone of junk or veg…we have ways of knowing that LOL nah, you only got to be responsible for yourself and own it ya know.

Dirty is never the person, it is the food ya eat :slight_smile:

Dirty or relaxed are different tho. Relaxed is allowing that little bit in, but dirty carnivore is eating off plan. Remember relaxed is allowing bits of very small things into your life like some herb/spice mix for flavor, it is never a dominant food stuff on your plate. Your food is meat/seafood. A tiny bit of flavoring is good if you like it and can handle it.

Stir the pot…been quiet in here, time for some pot stirring HA!!

(Scott) #1659

You are too kind @Fangs
I have been successful on no plants even with my wife insisting a little won’t hurt. I do have a little craft beer habit that is what it is along with the wine. So really other than that the only thing I have have is Wasabi. I have gotten into the habit of using Wasabi paste with my salmon to add some zip. It is not much plant and I get to make the carnivore rules in my house so I am okay with it.

I try to understand what is dirty and relaxed, it’s still not perfectly clear, I get the difference but what are the limits in amounts I wonder… Not like it matters, I will go out of every definition anyway and it’s fine. I want to do mostly extreme low net carb with some not quite fixed personal rules.

I use dirty or almost for my diet on my best days to cover everything. I was stricter on my tiny trials but now that I drastically changed my default diet for good, I need a more relaxed approach - and experiments too. So I tend to add various things I found okay already on low-carb and a bit more, I eat more lactose now, still little though, I try but those items are useful. But my “ideal carnivore diet” has no lactose and a proper day should be like that.
I banned HWC by the way so I probably must ban coffee too, again. It always come back, barely noticeably… I need to try harder! :slight_smile:

My relaxed ways don’t work yet. I feel okay but I fall off the vague wagon I am way too often (at least I never feel I am starving, that was horrible). I will figure out what is the main reason, I have multiple candidates, I don’t even know what my final destination will be… But I need to get stricter again. And I totally need to eat more meat somehow, just a bit. We are still not used to making meat dishes so we don’t, only very rarely and it lasts for a few days except the rooster, that was 2 very light days? So we got meat for 4 very light days on our monthly farm visit. It’s fine, I have other sources and leftovers in the freezer but it’s still not good enough. I especially miss some not cured pork option.
But I still eat pretty simple (or use interesting recipes if the mood hits), I like that. I definitely gained much with my drastic changes even considering the chaos I tend to find myself in a lot. Relieved and pleased, it’s a good word for my woe in general. I struggled too much in the last years (considering I prefer zero struggles) and while I still do it to some extent, it’s interesting, not tiring, annoying, disheartening. It will work.

(Daisy) #1661

Thoughts requested: I’ve been working insane hours. I have a standing desk at the office and stand the whole day, then I sit when I log back on at home. Yesterday, I worked from 6:45 to 10:30 pm, logging out for a couple hours to go teach some munchkins at church. I wore ugg type boots all day and when I took them off at 10:30 last night, my feet, ankles and calves were swollen like twice the normal size.
Some dietary context: they ordered honey baked ham sandwiches at work and I ate the meat out of a ham and a turkey sandwich, so a little sugar cured in the ham. Also ate a lot of beef heart yesterday, both for lunch and for dinner. I’ve been eating on the heart for a couple days (first time I’ve ever eaten it).
Do you think I could be having a reaction to the heart or the little bit of sugar in the ham? Or just stress in general combined with everything?
The last time my feet were this swollen was after they had pumped me jam full of fluid giving birth to my first child, 13 years ago. They’re still very swollen today. Of course my husband is blaming my keto/carnivore diet and thinking I’m going to kill myself with it.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #1662

@Ketodaisy I don’t know about the other stuff, but compression socks might help reduce the swelling. I have to stand/walk during my shifts at Walmart and I find compression socks work well.

oh be careful on the wasabi only that I used a little cocktail sauce with some of my shrimp sometimes instead of my homemade alfredo sauce I use.

I did fine for a while and I never eat a lot of it, just a smidge cause I was never a big cocktail sauce fan but I loved that tiny bit of zing of horseradish.

I dropped it when Cheryl started this challenge. I stopped all little cocktail sauce and went straight butter or alfredo sauce to dip my shrimp.

About a week ago I made shrimp and thought, hmm…a tad of zing. Cocktail sauce.

Scott…omg I was thinking emergency room. I took a regular old dip smidge and by the time it hit my throat I was in bad shape. That horseradish burned and choked me up. I vowed right there and then I would never eat that crap again.

So that time with Cheryl’s challenge and I got it out of my body and then tried it again, showed me instantly it was an evil sucker :slight_smile: One my body doesn’t want so I am putting my little cocktail sauce by the wayside for life now. One thing I always know is that when it ain’t good for me, my body tells me and done deal.

So wasabi watch out for you :slight_smile: :slight_smile: might be a bit for it to come down on ya, cleaner and longer you do eat the more anything you might add back in or ‘try’ a bit of could make ya worse for wear LOL

no, not the way you eat :slight_smile: You said it in your first sentence. You are working insane hrs on your legs. It takes a toll, not one doubt about that and if you are stressed on top of it and you are ‘out of sorts’ and run down kinda thing thru this work, etc…ahhh, I feel for you.
That swelling is a sign. Slow it down any way you can. Anything you can do to help you. Hot bath in Epsom salts, then elevate your legs a bit higher up, rest rest and one more rest :slight_smile: if you can. Sorry KD, sometimes it gets just crappy and rough and busy and at that point somehow you have to find time for you.

Like Michael said, compression socks could help for sure.

Hoping you do well and things settle down for you and you feel a bit better!!