Another Carnivore Thread

(Daisy) #1385

That’s so fantastic!!!

Scott, I’m the world’s second most worst carnivore (that banana eating vegan in South Australia takes the cake, and he can eat it as well). Add salt.

I faced the same work lunch hurdles. My holiday breakfast is cooked eggs and bacon based.

So, this weekend, I’ve been experimenting with making my regular breakfast transportable.

(Scott) #1387

If pork rinds are keto I could easily see myself eating cold steak cooked prior. I like to heavily salt each piece and have some pork rinds with it. another thing I do is cook an extra cheese burger and microwave at the office. This past week I have been taking ham slices and rolling them around some cheese and a pickle slice. Not fully canovoure but then again I haven’t committed yet. Can you have dairy like sour cream or mayo on carovoure?

As far as I know, normal carnivore allows a little bit sour or heavy cream. Personal styles differ. I (who aren’t even a carnivore but have carnivore days) like to avoid lactose but if I really, really need some sour cream, I eat a bit. Once I ate a lot but I was desperate and run out of meat, I don’t consider that “proper” carnivore for me but it’s animal products so I wouldn’t call it definitely not carnivore. But still, lactose, sugar (lactose is sugar but may be even worse than simple sugar, it’s individual. my body isn’t into lots of lactose despite I am not actually lactose intolerant. I just feel it doesn’t like it very much), be careful.

Mayonnaise can be perfectly carnivore. I will make ham fat mayo next week. I really dislike mayonnaise but that’s normal mayonnaise, my ham is super fatty (I will bring another photo, folks, now it’s at least 50% white bacon and it’s not like the rest is lean) so I will render some fat from it. And it’s tasty smoked ham, tasty egg yolk, what could go possibly wrong? Even if you use lemon juice or vinegar, it’s carnivore enough for most of us. Olive oil isn’t carnivore, no idea if certain plant oils are allowed somewhere (I’ve read about coconut oil so it’s okay for someone), I don’t eat them on carnivore, I have nice animal fats and those are PLANT oils, it’s quite clear to me. But olive or coconut oil is surely way less problematic than many other plants.

yes but some won’t. it is one of those small ‘condiments’ of what you will allow. dairy is weird for some but many do well on dairy and keep it. sour cream, yup some use it. regular old mayo with like soybean oil or whatever, yea some eat that in small amts when wanted.
So do condiments as you need if they will make carnivore more easy and good to taste. Just use your personal judgement on it.

(Ashley) #1390

I’m down to 201! I’m going in the right direction finally again with carnivore! It’s a bit slow but it’s fine I’m losing again after stalling on keto! I’m super happy. Also I get what the grass fed beef craze is about. I got some on sale for $4 a lb. bought 4 lbs and I’m loving it. I won’t do much as regular beef is $2 a lb but I’m enjoying it none the less!

This is great to hear, Ashley!

(mole person) #1392

Nice, @monsterjuice!

What were you stuck at and for how long? Are you pure meat carnivore or do you include dairy?

(Ashley) #1393

I’ve been 200-205 for about a year. I wasn’t counting macros, and I would eat off plan at times. Then Christmas I splurged big time and went from 200 to 213. And then right before January I went full carnivore and haven’t looked back. So carnivore has only been about 3-4weeks. And I’m down 12 lbs. I include heavy cream, very small amount of cheese (hardly any just small amount) and butter. Mostly I eat meat and drink water.

Me too! I bought a meat share at a local farm and get 10# beef, pork, lamb per month. It’s about $9.50/lb when I buy 6 months at a time. I’m loving it.

I think I feel my best when doing OMAD. This was proceeded by some fried pork belly and some carnivore “ravioli”.

(mole person) #1396

Omg, that’s amazing! Good for you!

(Ashley) #1397

Do you guys ever have particularly low days of eating? I haven’t ate much today, a omelet with some bacon and burger. And just don’t feel physically hungry. Been that way for a few day’s, I’m still eating but I’m guessing I’m maybe eating a half pound of food atm? Only the last few days but just haven’t had much appetite! I’m usually eating about 1 1/2 - 2lbs.

(mole person) #1398

@monsterjuice. Not me, but I’m already thin so I think my body gets hungry fast because I can’t pull much from “storage”.

(Ashley) #1399

Fair enough. I know I have about 60-70 lbs of “reserves”. I just don’t want to go too long eating to low calorie! A few days won’t hurt but my hunger is majorly reduced right now.

(mole person) #1400

@monsterjuice. I wouldn’t worry. Let your body tell you what it wants.

I only had about 10 days total this far (I have little meat but couldn’t eat much anyway, well maybe a bit more would have been nice… I need to get used to it) but eating enough is a challenge quite often. Fatty protein is so very satiating for me! It always was but carbs make me hungry. Without their interference, my satiation is amazing! If I think about my experiences in my past and interpolate a bit, it’s not some short-term thing due to its novely, I truly get very satiated with a nice meal with almost no carbs. I couldn’t try a version where I eat significantly more fat than protein but my 1:1 ratio is very satiating, my meals are often so small but I have more of them as my body needs its fuel.
It’s individual, some people are hungry in the beginning and not everyone get satiated with all fatty protein. It seems my body isn’t choosy but I have little experiences yet.

I can’t do long fasts and even OMAD happens rarely as eating a bigger meal is tricky now (and it’s not like I don’t have very much experience with eating without hunger and appetite, that’s fine. But I get hard stops now and surprisingly quickly sometimes. Keto was a bit different from low-carb but nothing like this).

I definitely eat less on carnivore but as my energy need isn’t big and I can’t starve, there is little wriggle room. So it’s only a bit less (compared to some average keto day, not my high calorie ones).

I need to lose, maybe, 30 pounds? I don’t know, never was thin, it’s just an educated guess, I surely don’t have much muscles… My own body might consider my weight good enough but maybe the carbs are to blame as usual in my life :smiley: I don’t know yet. It seems to be fine with a bit less food.

I almost always eat without hunger since ages and often did it before that as well so lack of hunger and appetite never interfered with my energy intake. I still get urges to eat, it’s just “need for fuel” now, different from all my known hunger signs if it makes sense.
It’s SURREAL. I was into food so much and I completely changed. I still am into food as a topic, as an idea, cooking is my hobby, I like to look at food but eating is very different down. Maybe it will change later.

Looks nice! My “can’t look at meat (except ham, that’s still awesome)” phase was very short and now I look at meat photos without problems again :smiley: I am actually looking forward to Monday when I will start some carnivore days again. I don’t have enough meat to do it all the time but I couldn’t do it yet anyway. But I train myself :smiley: And when I don’t do carnivore, it’s an experiment (and then I can have my probably important higher calorie days, I just can’t do them on carnivore yet but I will raise my fat intake a bit, I have ideas!).

and so close to crossing over out of those darn 2s…onederland is coming your way! Congrats!!

Normal. absolutely normal to fall into a very low appetite. but when it ramps but up, and it will cause your body will ask for it, just eat again. don’t restrict. Just eat what you need when you need it, don’t eat much if you don’t want. it is a true and natural way of eating for our body. You are doing so well!!